Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 38
  1. #2  
    finally - been waiting for some words from this guy
    da Gimp

    Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  2. #3  
    ends at about 4:50
    da Gimp

    Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  3. #4  
    Can't listen to the mp3 this moment, but are there any highlights? New Info?
  4. #5  
    He really didn't have much to add on the topic.
  5. #6  
    he's an ***** from what I've read. Very biased.
  6. #7  
    I was very surprised by his statement regarding the very small percentage of mobile phone users who use a second battery. I didn't realize that was yet another minority group to which I belonged.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  7. #8  
    Walt is a lot like some of the people who post on here. If it's not the way he does something, it's a) wrong, and b) not something done by the majority.
  8. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawmen23 View Post
    he's an ***** from what I've read. Very biased.
    Disagree. Find him inforamtive. He has his biased - show me a write who doesn't? But his artciles are always timely and worth the time to read
    da Gimp

    Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  9. doc31's Avatar
    Posts
    707 Posts
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    #10  
    Come on Walt is an A-hole. For someone in his position he can be bias however he should also be objective and informative.... I’ve seen him slam too mobile phone seemly because it was the Iphone. This guy is has to be getting a check from Apple he is like a walk and talk commercial for them. He’s the guy that people without the know how go to because they don’t know better.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
  10. #11  
    Who cares what he thinks about anything?
  11. #12  
    sometimes the honest brutality of this site makes me smile.

    so what do you really think :-)
    da Gimp

    Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  12. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc31 View Post
    ...he can be bias however he should also be objective ...
    How can he be both?
  13. #14  
    Well there was a time when he really love the Treo. But he was always an Apple computer lover.

    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  14. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Well there was a time when he really love the Treo. But he was always an Apple computer lover.

    Good Luck

    true .. a few years ago he would always compare new smartphones to the treo (i think it was the 650). no more. now they all go agaisnt the iphone.

    you really can't blame him - the majority ofpeople feel it;s the best phone available. The notable aception being balckberry if u main puporose is e-mailing.
    da Gimp

    Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  15. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    ...
    - the majority of people feel it's the best phone available.
    ...
    even IF they do, it would just be a testament to the power of marketing, not a measure of the quality of the device.
  16. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    even IF they do, it would just be a testament to the power of marketing, not a measure of the quality of the device.
    ur right - to bad perception becomes reality.
    da Gimp

    Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  17. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    ur right - to bad perception becomes reality.
    ur no. Perception does not change reality. (ie it does not mean that it is the best phone available)
  18. Gerorne's Avatar
    Posts
    506 Posts
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    ur no. Perception does not change reality. (ie it does not mean that it is the best phone available)
    But it can. Since "best" phone is subjective to each person's requirements in what they want in a phone. And if "a whole lot of people think my phone is cool" is a requirement, and that requirement is high on their list, then that's just how it is for them.

    I love the Pre, and I'm going to get one because it seems like a perfect phone for me, but I can also say that if a lot of other people that I show it too also think it's a great phone, it will help to enhance my enjoyment of it. If other people share my excitement in it, I will be more excited by it.
    Last edited by Gerorne; 01/26/2009 at 04:09 AM.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

    Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
  19. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    I was very surprised by his statement regarding the very small percentage of mobile phone users who use a second battery. I didn't realize that was yet another minority group to which I belonged.
    I think he missed the main advantage of a user replaceable battery, you can replace it when it wears out (which it will).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions