1.    #1  
    I check over there often to get the latest news.

Looks like Jen just noticed something she feels she shouldn't have missed.

Were glad she Shared!

Good Stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    Uh, ...clip...
    am I the only person who hadn't heard about these 2 new features?
    http://www.precentral.net/new-featur...lendar-context
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 01/21/2009 at 12:34 AM.
    Just call me Berd.
  2.    #2  
    This made me chuckle with excitement:

"And when you're late -- get this -- when you're late it -- remember, this things has GPS, it has a clock, and it has your calendar. So it not only knows where you are, it knows where you're supposed to be and when; and so when it realizes you're going to be late, it says "Hey, not only are you going to be late, but I can take care of it for you. I'll send an email to your assistant or to the people in the meeting, which would you prefer? And oh, by the way, here's the map." This is the beginning of a new wave."
    Just call me Berd.
    Wow, that's crazy! What a great feature!
    Palm Pilot -> Palm IIIX -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre
    That's a pretty cool feature. Even better if it could pull down train timetables.
    Of course, this will only work if you have complete addresses for your appointments. I don't typically do so, but if the application makes it easy enough to link the appt to your contacts this could be cool.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    very cool.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  7.    #7  
    Hilarious!

The Pre's Gps sees I'm 30 mins away from my appointment and yet it knows I need to be there in 20.

It pops up with a message asking if I want it send an email or txt to my appointment saying I'm running 10 mins late.

Just call me Berd.
    Cute...
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Awesome. But, I wonder if he was suppose to let some of this stuff out the bag. Palm may need to keep some things under wraps until nearer to launch time. They need to have as great an example as possible when this product is released. The empires (of competition) will strike back.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Hilarious!

The Pre's Gps sees I'm 30 mins away from my appointment and yet it knows I need to be there in 20.

It pops up with a message asking if I want it send an email or txt to my appointment saying I'm running 10 mins late.

Mine would probably say "If you are on the motorcycle, start splitting lanes and you'll just make it on time!!"
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I check over there often to get the latest news.

Looks like Dieter just noticed something he feels he shouldn't have missed.

Good Stuff!
    I'm actually the one who missed it. I put up a story about the Tech Ticker interview. I watched the video twice and even recorded some of it so I could transpose some of the quotes by McNamee. But my sleep-deprived peabrain totally missed that McNamee was talking about something new.

I'm glad that Dieter didn't miss it and that he did another article which pointed out that cool, new stuff!
    This was covered (very briefly) at the introduction when the guy was doing the demo of the notification system. He glossed over it quickly but did show that the pre gave him the option to contact the person he was supposed to be meeting.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    What you're referring to was the initial meeting reminder alert. What is being noted here is different. You've already been reminded of the meeting and presented with those options. HEY, now I'm reminding you that you're going to be late. Here's some other options since you obviously aren't going to make it on time.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  14.    #14  
    Thanks for keeping us informed and excited.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 01/20/2009 at 03:16 PM. Reason: messed up with mobile edit
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    If they stick this thing then it will be amazing.

How would they do the GPS distance calculation? Google maps?
    Shortly before the Pre was released, I seem to recall reading that it would have the ability, through synching its GPS with the calendar, to alert you if were not where you were supposed to be at a certain time. Does it do this? How? If it is capable, I'm assuming this is completely lost on the GPS-less VZ Pre Plus.