Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by santa View Post
    But that's not true. Apple gets $100 more for throwing in an extra 8gb. And you hear people talking about wanting to get the 32gb model when it comes out. And that's just not tech users.
    Yes they get $100 more, but you have two production units producing separate units so it costs more. At least that's what I've heard. Until you hit a critical mass of production, two units is not economically feasible
  2. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by machx View Post
    Yes they get $100 more, but you have two production units producing separate units so it costs more. At least that's what I've heard. Until you hit a critical mass of production, two units is not economically feasible
    I think the "it's because of economics of scale and product" went out of the window about five million iphones ago.... It costs no more to product a 8gb iphone that does it to produce a 16gb. There will be a minor variation in the costs of the hard drives but Apple is buying those in the millions of units, the difference is not going to be $100. In addition, they will do them in runs, and the only difference will be that one run will have the 16gb drive dropped in and the other will have the 8gb drive dropped into - unless someone can tell me any different - the driver is the only difference between the two models?
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by compneo View Post
    Floppy disk, anyone???
    Bah, youngsters!

How about a punched card reader?
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456