1.    #1  
    This is one of the killer features of this phone... the universal search option which automatically gives google/wiki search options if the content is not in the phone.

One question though...

Does it search even words in the Memos? Does it search contact details (e.g.company name, title)?

The memo search function is very essential to me. I use it a lot to search through my medical notes.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    This is one of the killer features of this phone... the universal search option which automatically gives google/wiki search options if the content is not in the phone.

One question though...

Does it search even words in the Memos? Does it search contact details (e.g.company name, title)?

The memo search function is very essential to me. I use it a lot to search through my medical notes.
    I'm surprised people are impressed with universal search. The Helio Ocean had this feature a while ago.
  3. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,427 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    I'm surprised people are impressed with universal search. The Helio Ocean had this feature a while ago.
    I think the answer to that is "a what now? Helly ocean?"
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    I think the answer to that is "a what now? Helly ocean?"
    You could find the answer to that question with a non-universal search. Either way, the universal search is "oldness."
  5. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,427 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    You could find the answer to that question with a non-universal search. Either way, the universal search is "oldness."
    Oh sure but I think my point was that, as with many things, it's the perception that count. People think it's new so it's new.
  6. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Oh sure but I think my point was that, as with many things, it's the perception that count. People think it's new so it's new.
    Which is part of why the iPhone and many of its apps are so hot--people don't know that Palms have had that capability for years already. As Yogi Berra would say, "Déjà vu all over again."
  7. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,427 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Q View Post
    Which is part of why the iPhone and many of its apps are so hot--people don't know that Palms have had that capability for years already. As Yogi Berra would say, "Déjà vu all over again."
    And the fact that palm phones are really really ugly.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    One question though...

Given that even the ancient, archiac P-OS search function looks at the contents of memos, I would be very surprised if the Pre doesn't include that capability.

But really, the answer to about 99% of the questions being asked is "We'll have to wait and see."
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    One thing may be missing from the universal search. I seem to remember that email was not included in the search. Since Pre caches items in is internal database for the search, a zillion emails might be though to load into the database.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    From Dieter here: http://www.precentral.net/your-palm-...wered-part-3-3

"...from what I saw the universal search is mainly for contact names and apps, I don't think it drills down into the actual content of your email, memos, etc."

I hope he is mistaken about this. Both my BB's search messages, calendar, contacts, memopad, and tasks. That is "universal search", and invaluable when you need it.