Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    My most-used Palm app is Tasks. I've searched all the Pre photo/video coverage and all I've found is a Launcher icon and blurry photos of what appears to be the category selection screen (looks like a hand-held spiral notepad). Anybody have any other info on what Tasks will look like, how it will operate, and what it will sync to?
    I'm with you. Task and Calendar are my most used features as well as email.
    Palm has basically used the same PIMs since 1996 so they're due for an facelift if not major upgrade. However, let's not put it pass them to leave it to the web based sites through the cloud.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Given that even the old P-OS has tasks, I certainly hope Palm hasn't forgotten it. But we won't know for sure until people start getting hands-on time with the device.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  4. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts

As the OP said, it's there on the launcher - How it works is a different question...

but since the icon is a list that you can tick off, I'm guessing that's broadly... it's list that you can tick off?
    ooooh, still so sexy.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post

As the OP said, it's there on the launcher - How it works is a different question...

but since the icon is a list that you can tick off, I'm guessing that's broadly... it's list that you can tick off?
    I see icons for Calendar, Tasks, Contacts and Memo's. But does this mean they're the Palm PIMs or accessing these through the web like on Google?

TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Come on, a Palm with out PIM? Those are most likely Palm's personal PIM apps.

EDIT: Wow, still lovely seeing that beautiful launcher . Can't get enough of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    I hope you're right.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts

EDIT: Wow, still lovely seeing that beautiful launcher . Can't get enough of it.
    would it be pathetic of me to use that image as the wallpaper on my 755p? i'll pretend i have a pre until i actually get one.
    My journey: PalmPilotPro->PalmPilotIIIx->Treo300->Treo600->Treo650->Treo755p->Pre->FrankenPre2
    Quote Originally Posted by GearGoddess View Post
    would it be pathetic of me to use that image as the wallpaper on my 755p? i'll pretend i have a pre until i actually get one.
    AMAZING IDEA! lol I never thought of that. I would definitely save it and open up the picture viewer and anytime I'm lacking that Pre love, I'd open it and see it some more. *yoink* Saved picture now ^_^
    Nice & clean. =)
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    AMAZING IDEA! lol I never thought of that. I would definitely save it and open up the picture viewer and anytime I'm lacking that Pre love, I'd open it and see it some more. *yoink* Saved picture now ^_^
    kinda like pre p0rn.
    My journey: PalmPilotPro->PalmPilotIIIx->Treo300->Treo600->Treo650->Treo755p->Pre->FrankenPre2
    I feel confident to say that Pre would to have the PIM on the device. I think folks are confused the talk of 'cloud'. From what I heard/understanding, in addition to input your PIM data locally into the device, the Pre has the capability to 'pull' these data from your Gmail, FaceBook etc to your PIM on the device. If anyone understands it different, pls share your view.
    Quote Originally Posted by GearGoddess View Post
    kinda like pre p0rn.
    LOL just another reason the pre isn't that good a name LOL. Could have so much fun from that sentence
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Nice photo. Thanks.

Man I want to touch that plus button!
    Yes it would be nice to see what the individual task look like.
    But hey, we'll take what we can get at this stage.

Tks for the shot jhoff80.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Soooooo purdy!!!
    In the video on this page at about 2:16, the demonstrator says that tasks sync with EAS! This is great news for me--the 755p only syncs email, calendar, and contacts. Tasks and notes have to go through hotsync.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    In the video on this page at about 2:16, the demonstrator says that tasks sync with EAS!
    Its not very clear picture. Wish there was another shot somewhere of the 2nd screen.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast