Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well, we've heard a lot about the new Palm Pre, yet there's a lot we still don't know. The most important question about Palm's new Pre Smartphone is not about a Garnet Emulator, Cloud vs. Palm Desktop Syncing, or if Sprint will require a Simply Everything plan. No, it isn't even if or when it will be coming to Verizon or when you'll see a GSM version.

The most important question about the Palm Pre is...

... does it have the Taxi?

This is the question that must be answered!

Dieter? Bueller? Anybody?
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Haha I never could get that damn thing to show up anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Haha I never could get that damn thing to show up anyway.

it's probably has a picture of the Obama or Bin Ladin, flashing across the screen or a bank with the door vaults open signaling the next Great Depression! Yes I enjoyed the Taxi
  4.    #4  
    Just saw my Taxi again today, it always makes me smile!

The Pre better have it!
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by duanedude1 View Post
    Just saw my Taxi again today, it always makes me smile!

The Pre better have it!
    Agreed.
    It might not be a Taxi, since several other wandering objects were used over the years by different manufacturers (sports car, inchworm, gondola, etc). Still, they really need to have some kind of random, unobtrusive, and optional easter-egg.
    I'd be surprised if they didn't.

And, Palm -- if you DIDN'T, please go back and put it in. Shouldn't take much work, and you KNOW you want to!
    -Rusty
    Blackjack, Tilt; Treo 90, 270-680; Palm Vx, i705, T|T3, iQue 3200; Nokia N800, E71
    if it's not there i'll learn javascript and put it in there. App catalog, here I come!
    Ok, it's been a while. I've forgot how to get that sucker to go. What screen do I need to be on and what do I do?
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    When I switched from palm to Windows mobile 3 months ago thats one of the things i missed. I cant wait to get the pre.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    I miss the Taxi now that I am using Winmo after many years of the Palm OS. Is there no Winmo equivalent?
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    i remember the taxi was a cute, cartoon drawing on my 650, but it's now a boring, realistic taxi on my 755p. if they put one in the pre, i hope it's more silly & fun than what it is now.
    My journey: PalmPilotPro->PalmPilotIIIx->Treo300->Treo600->Treo650->Treo755p->Pre->FrankenPre2
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Ok, it's been a while. I've forgot how to get that sucker to go. What screen do I need to be on and what do I do?
    Anyone? Anyone?
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    if i remember correctly, go to preferences>power. at the bottom right of the screen, above the "tips" button, draw a tiny clockwise circle. it may take a few tries, but if you get it right, you'll see a little easter egg appear.
    My journey: PalmPilotPro->PalmPilotIIIx->Treo300->Treo600->Treo650->Treo755p->Pre->FrankenPre2
    Quote Originally Posted by GearGoddess View Post
    if i remember correctly, go to preferences>power. at the bottom right of the screen, above the "tips" button, draw a tiny clockwise circle. it may take a few tries, but if you get it right, you'll see a little easter egg appear.

Tks GearGoddess,
    OK I got the Easter egg to show up. Where's the Taxi?
    TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Tks GearGoddess,
    OK I got the Easter egg to show up. Where's the Taxi?
    TIA
    the taxi appears randomly in any app. you may see it within minutes or maybe not until next month. always a fun surprise.
    Quote Originally Posted by GearGoddess View Post
    the taxi appears randomly in any app. you may see it within minutes or maybe not until next month. always a fun surprise.
    Tks again GearGoddess,
    I must be the exception because I've never seen anything like that on any of my devices (palmPilot, Visor, Prism, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 700 and Centro.)

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Tks again GearGoddess,
    I must be the exception because I've never seen anything like that on any of my devices (palmPilot, Visor, Prism, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 700 and Centro.)

Good Luck
    First you have to make the Easter egg visible in the preference's screen. Then you will see the taxi's. Every single Palm (except the Window Mobile ones) and had this feature. Hopefully the Pre will too.

Here are the instructions
    http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_Story.asp?ID=755
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    First you have to make the Easter egg visible in the preference's screen. Then you will see the taxi's. Every single Palm (except the Window Mobile ones) and had this feature. Hopefully the Pre will too.

Here are the instructions
    http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_Story.asp?ID=755
    Tks rc46,
    I have the Easter egg enabled. Just waiting for the taxi.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Tks rc46,
    I have the Easter egg enabled. Just waiting for the taxi.
    Good Luck
    Cool, now it will come.

It seems to like certain apps more than others. I think I have most often seen the Taxi in the Palm ROM apps. Memo pad is where I think I have seen it the most.

Let us know when you see it.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Cool, now it will come.

It seems to like certain apps more than others. I think I have most often seen the Taxi in the Palm ROM apps. Memo pad is where I think I have seen it the most.

Let us know when you see it.
    So far the Taxi has been MIA. I'll try to keep it on the memo screen and see what happens. I feel like Mr. Pitt from the Seinfeld episode where he's staring at a piece of art work.

Will advise.
    Tks
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Well 13 days later the Taxi finally showed up.

It ran accross the screen while I was looking at tasks.

It was larger than I expected.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast