1.    #1  
    As a graphic designer wanting to utilize my skills to help design the interface and create some icons, logos and basic UI elements. Question is how hard is it to do using webOS? I mainly design graphics for web pages and UI for html and flash sites, will this be any different? I know concepts are very similar and only when the SDK is released will we know for sure.

It'll be great to work with some developers and programmers to make some cool looking programs for the Pre and any upcoming webOS devices.
    Last edited by Frenzytom; 01/15/2009 at 09:50 PM.
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    i think its too early for all of that... since i dont believe the sdk is out there yet.

but i am also interested in trying to get a vbulletin app going (the same forum software treocentral runs). i run a similar board (but college sports board) and i am thinking about writing a vbulletin app.
  3.    #3  
    whoops...should be in the General webOS chat. So sorry...mods please move? Thanks!
    Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Palm Treo 600 -> Palm Treo 650 -> Palm Treo 700p -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Treo 800w -> Palm Centro ->Palm Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenzytom View Post
    As a graphic designer wanting to utilize my skills to help design the interface and create some icons, logos and basic UI elements. Question is how hard is it to do using webOS? I mainly design graphics for web pages and UI for html and flash sites, will this be any different? I know concepts are very similar and only when the SDK is released will we know for sure.
    The concept aren't just similar, they are the same. The development tools are HTML, CSS and Javascript (i.e client side development tools). What you probably wont have is more complex client side plugins such as flash, Java or ActiveX controls. Palm is adding some addtional APIs callable from javascript though.
    I imagine if you can make an awesome Web UI, you can probably make an awesome WebOS UI....Its the same tech(mostly)