Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    I really don't understand the people that have issues with Sprint. I've gone all over california, nevada, east coast, hawaii, florida, etc etc etc, and I have only one ONE spot that I have had problems with service. It happens to be about a one block radius around my gf's house, and now that the Airave came out Sprint was nice enough to provide it FOR FREE with NO service cost for 2 years. Now she has perfect reception in her house and doesn't have to pay extra. I call that pretty decent customer service ;-) On top of that Sprint has by far the best prices on service and will almost always give you free EVDO if you have a big plan. Assuming Sprint doesn't do something stupid like require a special plan, I'm gonna be a happy camper when the Pre comes out.
    I know... even I was racking up minutes talking to my gf and called sprint to see what I could do... they listed her mobile number as a "home number" and I was not charged a dime... no luck with her doing the same with verizon... go figure.

sprint tends to bend over backwards.... IMO.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    I can't tell a difference between sprint and verizon and I travel up and down the east coast (in AL, GA, TN, SC, NC, VA, MD, DC, PA... etc)and some limited travel out west...
    Presumably you use the interstate highway system. In any case, if Sprint can now roam freely on Verizon, there is no reason why you would see a difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    Presumably you use the interstate highway system. In any case, if Sprint can now roam freely on Verizon, there is no reason why you would see a difference.
    Yes, I do... but I have places that I visit in each state. Over the past two years I've done a bit of traveling... visiting friends, family or whatever.... do I need to post my itinerary. lol
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    I was tired of waiting for the centro on VZ so I switched to sprint. I travel a lot and have found no difference in service. The customer service has been OK. They actually have given me significant discounts when I had a minor problem. I couldn't be happier and will NEVER wait for another phone again on VZ. They are a PI* with all their "testing" of new phones. What a bunch of crap. My centro worked perfect on Sprint from day 1. And I had it a year before VZ.
    I have zero reception for Sprint in my house so I just set my Centro to "Roaming networks only" mode and using the Verizon signal, I get full bars and can talk normally. Never had a roaming charge on my bill.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by rcyphermd View Post
    I was tired of waiting for the centro on VZ so I switched to sprint. I travel a lot and have found no difference in service. The customer service has been OK. They actually have given me significant discounts when I had a minor problem. I couldn't be happier and will NEVER wait for another phone again on VZ. They are a PI* with all their "testing" of new phones. What a bunch of crap. My centro worked perfect on Sprint from day 1. And I had it a year before VZ.
    Its true that VZ are the worst US carrier for Cellphones. Not only do they take for ever to get a new model, they mess with the firmware crippling the phone and putting their ugly UI on most of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    I have zero reception for Sprint in my house so I just set my Centro to "Roaming networks only" mode and using the Verizon signal, I get full bars and can talk normally. Never had a roaming charge on my bill.
    Does EVDO work at your home?
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    Does EVDO work at your home?
    There is EVDO coverage but usually by the time you connect you will loose coverage so the data will just timeout. If I walk out to the street the bars go right up but nothing in my house
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    There is EVDO coverage but usually by the time you connect you will loose coverage so the data will just timeout. If I walk out to the street the bars go right up but nothing in my house
    If its just your house you can also complain to Sprint, I've heard of people getting the AIRAVE for free from them because of that same reason.
    I have had Sprint for almost 3 years and I travel here and there and have always had good service. There was only one time that I had to roam where I was staying because the signal was to weak on Sprint and would drop on calls, but as soon as i was about .5 miles away from that location I was back in business. I used to only have 1xrt at my house and could only get EVDO when I went to the New Orleans area (daily for work), but they "quietly" rolled out EVDO several months back where I live. I really dont have any complaints with Sprint. I know some people have issues, but it is no different that the issues I have had when I was on AT&T or T-Mobile. I think the people bashing Sprint should try them first, and if it doesnt work for them then it doesnt work for them. That does not mean Sprint doesnt work for others, it just means they dont work for you.
    12 years on sprint

service is cheap
    high speed is quick

customer services sucks
    in NYC, voice service is ok - verizon much better

overall - not very happy w/ their service. love the fact they get the Palm phones first.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    I never used sprint but do they got better plans then tmobile,AT&T,etc? Do they have better 3g then tmo? I just signed on a two year contract with tmobile bc of the g1 which was a huge mistake. Now I just wanna see if it's worth breaking my contract for the pre. Is the ore unlockable?
  13. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdangles18 View Post
    I never used sprint but do they got better plans then tmobile,AT&T,etc? Do they have better 3g then tmo? I just signed on a two year contract with tmobile bc of the g1 which was a huge mistake. Now I just wanna see if it's worth breaking my contract for the pre. Is the ore unlockable?
    Sprint uses CDMA and T-Mobile uses GSM. You won't be able to take a Sprint Pre and use it on T-Mo--two totally different network technologies. You can, though, get a GSM Pre (including a factory unlocked one) once it's available and use that on T-Mo if you want to stay there.

What's not yet clear is whether the Pre will support T-Mobile's unique 3G frequency of 1700 mHz. That, I hope, we will find out at Mobile World Congress (a European cell phone trade show) in mid-February. If it does, you're likely to have the choice of a T-Mo branded Pre or a factory unlocked one, and 3G data either way. If not, the Pre won't connect faster than EDGE, which is relatively slow at this point.
    hey ... never knew T-mo had an oddball 3g Frequency. Just learned something !
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    In my experience in Los Angeles, Verizon's coverage is a bit better, but only in certain places, and in one case it was a negative. In the basement of my work, Sprint's own signal drops off, but Verizon has a weak one. One of my co-workers added a repeater with an antenna at the 1st floor level. On Verizon, my Treo would switch back and forth between the tower and the repeater making for inconsistent service, whereas on Sprint it sticks to the repeater so my service is very good.

The signal on Verizon is better at my parents place, but especially in recent times, Sprint is pretty close.

Otherwise, in my experience, if the Sprint signal is weak, the Verizon signal holds out for slightly longer, but is still iffy.

I can't really comment on Sprint's customer service, I rarely have had to call them.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12