Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43
  1.    #1  
    If you take a look at the crackberry . com site there is still a bloodbath going on.. The phone is just not ready yet (yes i have one, but i'm a rare a very calm person).

    The Storm is VERY Laggy, has trouble coming in and out of Lock. There is NO threaded sms/txt messages, (there is BlackBerry Messenger that does this) but not everyone has a blackberry. So the sms/txt section is a mess(compared to my Treo 650). The Phone overall is very nice.. BUT the 3 other people i knew that had the phone have all returned them. Slow, laggy, UN-intutive being the biggest gripe. Phone voice quality is not that good(i think QoS needs to be tweaked to make voice a priority, but everyone on crackberry just tells me to shut up)

    I learned how to use Treo in a few days.. this phone i'm still trying to find easier ways just to make phone calls. Again i'm coming from a Treo 650 that only had 2 OS updates in the 3+ years i had it. The Storm may get up to 5 OS updates this year.

    PLEASE PLEASE launch the phone when you are ready Palm!!! Even if I/ME/TreoCentral BEGS for it early!! DONT release a solid device!!!
  2. #2  
    I agree. As much as I want this phone right now, I don't want the hype to cloud my judgement & have a company release a product that isn't ready yet.
  3.    #3  
    it is REALLY bad over there.. and walk into any verizon store and ask them how has the storm launch been... and they will just nod their heads! with the amount of returns and tech calls... it's ridiculous.

    Everyone was begging for it no matter if it's ready or not... and "I can wait a few months of growing pains" They have Polls going on there that ask what # phone are you on!!! ALOT of people are phone #3 and 4's!

    Palm please hit it out of the park!! but do it right! My Treo 650 was rock solid for 3+ years.. and NO i didn't install all sorts of crazy apps.. just Tom Tom and it worked perfectly. A lot of 3rd party apps are written poorly.

    I'm not expecting a Perfect Pre it WILL have it's own problems.. but now after the Storm.. i'm expecting better then RIM
  4. #4  
    hope that the new managment does a iphone type launch not a storm type launch
    da Gimp

    Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  5. #5  
    It will be very important for Palm to launch a rock solid device. There will be alot of media watching them and waiting for them to mess up.
  6. #6  
    I used a storm for two weeks straight after launch and still have it sitting on my desk. In my opinion, its just a terrible, unusable device with an aging OS
  7. #7  
    No offense, but I think comparing the Storm with any Palm is ridiculous. I realize that stability and usability is going to be a big thing... but from my perspective, what really killed the storm was that ridiculous clicking screen. It's a dumb idea, simple as that. I was really hoping the storm was gonna give the iphone a run for its money, but it's just an overall BAD device. They should just scrap it cause to this day I still haven't heard a single positive comment about it.
  8. #8  
    I disagree that the BB OS is aging. They keep updating it.

    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I disagree that the BB OS is aging. They keep updating it.

    Yea they have been updating the storm's OS every 2+ weeks... good in the fact that they are slowly working out the MANY problems.. bad in the fact the phone has so many.. that being said.. i have a storm and kinda like it.. but will drop it like a bad habbit when the Pre Comes out.

    Remember They are updating it all the time because there are issues.
  10. #10  
    It's better than ignoring customers outright IMO.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I disagree that the BB OS is aging. They keep updating it.

    Take a look at the BB OS and compare it to the pre. The BB OS looks ancient.
  12. #12  
    to lady treo's point .... Plam wasn;t updating there os as offten as BB and look how Garrent was. It's not that BB isn;t supporting the OS, it;s that Apple and Plam now have 'next generation' OS es
    da Gimp

    Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I disagree that the BB OS is aging. They keep updating it.

    Updating or "patching"? The foundation itself needs some serious updating.

    I had the Storm for 2 weeks. Really, the only reason I took it back was because it was a bad phone - as in the call quality $ucked - incoming and outgoing. Other than that, I thought it acted pretty good. That display is beautiful and I learned to type on it pretty quickly.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Take a look at the BB OS and compare it to the pre. The BB OS looks ancient.
    The newer one that looks a little like PSP graphics? I'm not sure I'd call that ancient.

    If anything, I'd call WM a bit ancient looking. The non-Touch Flo versions at least.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    Updating or "patching"? The foundation itself needs some serious updating.

    I had the Storm for 2 weeks. Really, the only reason I took it back was because it was a bad phone - as in the call quality $ucked - incoming and outgoing. Other than that, I thought it acted pretty good. That display is beautiful and I learned to type on it pretty quickly.
    The last time I had a BB, the new firmware(and they released several) always had some updates to the features. They probably are patching also.

    Perhaps they will release a whole new revamped firmware for the Storm, you never know. They did once before when the Pearl and Curve lines were still new. Looks like they did another one for the Bold and Storm, but the Storm may have hardware problems firmware can't fix. I haven't seen these complaints about the Bold(unless I'm missing something). Maybe another fully redone firmware is in order again, but at least RIM is timely with updates.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  16. #16  
    Someone education me. What exactly does the new BB OS do better than the OS on the old blackberries? To me, it seems like the core is relatively the same.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by m12x13adass View Post
    Someone education me. What exactly does the new BB OS do better than the OS on the old blackberries? To me, it seems like the core is relatively the same.
    core is the same.. they threw it on that one that looks like a psp also known as the "Storm" but looks like Diva has never toyed around with the Storm.

    I'm not talking about BlackBerry in general... i'm talking about the storm.. And it's a mess!! Thats a fact
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    The newer one that looks a little like PSP graphics? I'm not sure I'd call that ancient.

    If anything, I'd call WM a bit ancient looking. The non-Touch Flo versions at least.
    Your talking about a nicer looking theme. Really the only difference. The BB os needs a major rewrite.

    As for the Storm, I have never tried a more frustrating, ill conceived device.
  19. #19  
    I thought you said "looks" in your other post. Which I took to mean actually "look". If you mean functionality, I haven't used a BB since the Pearl updates so I don't know much about what they did since then. But I thought for sure I'd read something about the new OS being better for streaming media on 3G.

    And no Antonio, since I'm not on Verizon anymore, no Storm test for me. But I sure do see the complaints racking up even after firmware updates, which makes me wonder if another poster was correct when she said the hardware is the real problem. But RIM does seem to be responsive so I do give them credit for that. And I wonder if the Storm could be recalled due to all the complaints.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  20. #20  
    yes, but the Touch Flo versions are just skins essentially. Underneath it's still the same old WM. And many are buying the HTC Touch and supressing the Touch Flo thus speeding up the works and using other intuitive programs that make the original OS more user friendly.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    If anything, I'd call WM a bit ancient looking. The non-Touch Flo versions at least.
    And my business rep who keeps sending me info says it looks like it won't be released until July. He's been right about other release dates for the recent crop of phones, but I wouldn't take it as fact. I wouldn't be surprised if that's true though either.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions