Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 120
  1. #81  
    Maybe they created the TouchStone so its so easy to have your Pre charging at your desk or at home. Knowing that its not going to have the best battery life.
  2. #82  
    Oh great, yet another new battery I would have to buy! I've bought so many Seido extended life batteries for my Treo 650, 700, and 755, plus chargers, etc. Every time I spend several hundred dollars on a new Treo cell phone, I have to spend an equivalent amount on accessories! You should see my closet full of useless old items!
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
  3. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    Maybe they created the TouchStone so its so easy to have your Pre charging at your desk or at home. Knowing that its not going to have the best battery life.
    Sounds like its true , but the 70 dollar price point is IMHO is a ripoff.
  4. #84  
    Battery, Int'l Charger and Headset accessories posted...sorry if this was already posted, but don't see any...

    Interesting note is the battery is the same physical size as what's in the centro and 800w currently as rumors predicted - no mention of mAh posted however.

    www.palm.com/us/products/accessories/standard-battery.html

    www.palm.com/us/products/accessories/wall-charger.html

    www.palm.com/us/products/accessories/stereo-headset.html
  5. #85  
    Actually, what I think is neater about the posted accessories there is the mention of magnets to hold them together behind your neck out of the way when you're not using them.

    That being said, the only posted accessory that I'll be getting is the Touchstone (I already have a much nicer 3.5mm stereo headset).
  6. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by opacityzero View Post
    Battery, Int'l Charger and Headset accessories posted...sorry if this was already posted, but don't see any...

    Interesting note is the battery is the same physical size as what's in the centro and 800w currently as rumors predicted - no mention of mAh posted however.
    Thanks for the post. Which means I can use my 800Ws extended battery for Pre .

    SEIDIO will get benefited from this.

    Get ready to buy that 50 dollar battery from SEIDIO.
  7. bujji_gadu's Avatar
    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    #87  
    that touchstone is cool
  8. #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by opacityzero View Post
    Interesting note is the battery is the same physical size as what's in the centro and 800w currently as rumors predicted - no mention of mAh posted however.
    Could they be keeping it a secret because maybe its a 1350 mAh battery but in the same size as centro/800w? We can only hope.

    Like this one: http://store.treocentral.com/seidio-.../8A37A4154.htm
  9. #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by Krod301 View Post
    Could they be keeping it a secret because maybe its a 1350 mAh battery but in the same size as centro/800w? We can only hope.

    Like this one: http://store.treocentral.com/seidio-.../8A37A4154.htm
    I'm confident that Dieter has said that the mAh were already revealed. The part that's in-question is how efficiently the Pre will use that power.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  10. #90  
    One nice thing is you can pick up OEM Centro batteries for under $10 on ebay. Just had a bum battery in a Centro I bought off of Craigslist so my spare was now going with that one as I sell it. So I just picked up two off of ebay for $15. With the external charger I already have, I could care less about Touchstone for the home. I'll always have a fully charged battery at the ready to just swap out.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  11. #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by ame View Post
    I noticed something that I posted about in the 25min video thread. The charger unit (palm battery charger) is the same as what I own for my Centro. So assuming it takes the Centro battery, I already have two batteries as well as the battery charging unit.

    Screenshot from video:

    i do'nt know if anyone has commented but this statement is incorrect. That charger in the video is not close to a centrol charger. That is an inductive charger for the Pre where you just set the phone on top of it and it chargers. No cables to plug in. This is not so on the centro.
  12. StefanP's Avatar
    Posts
    146 Posts
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by binder View Post
    i do'nt know if anyone has commented but this statement is incorrect. That charger in the video is not close to a centrol charger. That is an inductive charger for the Pre where you just set the phone on top of it and it chargers. No cables to plug in. This is not so on the centro.
    the charger in the picture looks square to me, while the touchstone is round.
  13. #93  
    yeah, I think binder has crashed his bike one too many times.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  14. Libb's Avatar
    Posts
    186 Posts
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    #94  
    I wonder if the battery will be exactly the same as the Centro's battery, or if they'll pull one of those "use the same battery but shift the insertion tabs around so old batteries people have won't fit and they'll need to get new ones" things again.

    Also, I'm hoping we'll see a battery grip/case like the iPhone has been getting, from what I've been seeing, the thinness of the bottom half of the Pre has been making it a bit awkward for people to type on, and if I could get a grip that adds battery life and gives a bit more to hold on down there, I'd definitely pick that up. Any battery door replacing accessories are going to have to license the Touchstone specs though, so we might not see as many that do that...

    EDIT: Also, I think it's sorta obvious that the reason that they haven't mentioned battery life yet is because it isn't going to be spectacular, after all, look what you've got in this thing: a multi-core (one CPU, one GPU, and some other coprocessors on die) ARM processor clocked somewhere between 600MHz and 1GHz, at least 256MB of RAM, a big bright 320x480 multi-touch screen, enough radios to make your pants' pocket glow, and a new OS built off Linux that's A) probably not as optimized for mobile power consumption as possible yet and B) designed to encourage multi-tasking.

    We need to go into this not expecting incredibly amazing battery life, at least not initially. That's probably part of the reason they made the battery removable - so if power users feel the life isn't quite there to get them through a full day, they can buy a spare and swap them out when they need a boost.
    Last edited by Libb; 04/26/2009 at 03:19 PM.
  15. mrkalel's Avatar
    Posts
    739 Posts
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    #95  
    Guys, you do realize that if you READ the top of the page... under the price... it states that it is exactly the same battery as the Centro & 800w...

    Palm.com : Shop
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
  16. #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    I'm confident that Dieter has said that the mAh were already revealed. The part that's in-question is how efficiently the Pre will use that power.
    That was just mostly speculation though, right?. I would of thought the same thing if I saw that the Pre's battery looked like the Centro's, but what gets to me is that they (Palm) are not telling us the mAh. That's when I decided to look for aftermarket batteries for the Centro/800w that packed more power and didn't require an extra back cover. It would be nice if Palm squeezed 1350 mAh out of that little battery.

    I also agree about questioning the Pre's power handling. That remains a mystery until we get it onto our hands.
  17. #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by opacityzero View Post
    Battery, Int'l Charger and Headset accessories posted...sorry if this was already posted, but don't see any...

    Interesting note is the battery is the same physical size as what's in the centro and 800w currently as rumors predicted - no mention of mAh posted however.

    www.palm.com/us/products/accessories/standard-battery.html

    www.palm.com/us/products/accessories/wall-charger.html

    www.palm.com/us/products/accessories/stereo-headset.html
    I'm going to be straight-up with you fine folks. If this is too much, let me know.


    I'm a lil pissed with Palm, right now. I clicked on the above link about the stereo earbuds and it says everything except whether they have a microphone built-in - which is something I've wondered about (not wanting to take it for granted) for a while, now.

    So, I call Palm and ask, just now, and the guy doesn't know. He also doesn't SAY that he doesn't know something he OUGHT to know; he acts like it makes sense that we wouldn't know since the Pre has yet to be released. I disagree.

    Putting his spin aside, the fact that we don't know something as simple as, "If I get a call, while using the earbuds, will I have to pick the damned phone up and put it to my MOUTH," is frakkin' ridiculous.

    Things like this ought to be well-established, at this point in the game.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  18. #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    I'm going to be straight-up with you fine folks. If this is too much, let me know.


    I'm a lil pissed with Palm, right now. I clicked on the above link about the stereo earbuds and it says everything except whether they have a microphone built-in - which is something I've wondered about (not wanting to take it for granted) for a while, now.

    So, I call Palm and ask, just now, and the guy doesn't know. He also doesn't SAY that he doesn't know something he OUGHT to know; he acts like it makes sense that we wouldn't know since the Pre has yet to be released. I disagree.

    Putting his spin aside, the fact that we don't know something as simple as, "If I get a call, while using the earbuds, will I have to pick the damned phone up and put it to my MOUTH," is frakkin' ridiculous.

    Things like this ought to be well-established, at this point in the game.

    I'd say considering it specifically mentions having a call/end button, yes, it has a microphone.
  19. #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I'd say considering it specifically mentions having a call/end button, yes, it has a microphone.
    That makes a certain amount of sense, but it wouldn't be the first time that Palm went against the grain of logic. I certainly hope that you're right, (and it makes me feel better that you've said this) but I don't understand why they wouldn't explicitly state that the earbuds have a microphone built-in while listing all the other specs.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  20. #100  
    with the new "synergy" the phone is always online and as we all know that is gonna use more power. oh well...
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions