Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Take it for what it's worth...

http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/Best...le-a_3766.html

Engadget is also running the story...
    Oooh. I hate Best Buy--the Darth Vader of electronics stores.
    Thats fine with me, I probably need to buy from sprint anyway.

Betsbuy does have 30day return policy.

Now i think about it, bestbuy also seems to be the only surviving store so far, compusa is taken over by tigerdirect, curcuitcity is going down. who else?
    Micro Center has consumer electronics too...

There's also RadioShack, but they're a little different.
  5.    #5  
    Some people can get better deals from Best Buy than through Sprint.

For instance, my brother got the Touch Pro from BB for 200 plus tax (and they forgot to reset his contract to boot). When the phone was released I believe with discounts it should have come to 300.
    INSIJS: we have tip line, guys:

http://www.precentral.net/contact

I absolutely refuse to do business with Best Buy. It's a company run by liars and thieves. Ditto their credit partner HSBC. (It's a long story.)

If this story is true I'll wait the 60 days or buy a Pro. It may even have me questioning my 14 years of loyalty to Sprint.

Martin
    My PalmOS History (all phones w/Sprint)
    Palm again...
    Treo 755p - Palm Pre (pregistered) or Treo Pro
    PalmOne
    Treo 650
    Handspring...
    Treo 300
    Samsung...
    SPH-i300
    Sony...
    Clie PEG-N710C
    Palm...
    PalmPilot Professional - Palm IIIx - Palm Vx
    Quote Originally Posted by mhconley View Post
    I absolutely refuse to do business with Best Buy. It's a company run by liars and thieves. Ditto their credit partner HSBC. (It's a long story.)

If this story is true I'll wait the 60 days or buy a Pro. It may even have me questioning my 14 years of loyalty to Sprint.

Martin
    you can buy from sprint store directly, or online store of sprint or palm.

you remind me Im holding a HSBC credit card....

Microcenter has too few stores nation wide.
    Well, I too can't stand Best Buy but one good thing about buying the phones from them, they will include an accessory or two to get you to renew your contract. I bought the Touch Pro the day they arrived at Best Buy and he asked what would help make the deal. I told him a car charger and he gave me a $25 gift card to get it. When I returned the phone and charger a few days later, they gave me back a $25 gift card because that's what was used to pay for the charger. I told them, and she just said not to worry about it.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas

Martin

I don't know I'd go that far, but I would say it is a company with a hard sell attitude. IN my experience they promise the moon and fall all over you when trying to sell you. And it's a hard, hard sell. When there's a problem, a return, etc---it's another question. The service is suddenly laconic.
    Best Buy is horrible and so was Circuit City. I think Best Buy is going to be next in bankrupt businesses.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Best Buy is horrible and so was Circuit City. I think Best Buy is going to be next in bankrupt businesses.
    I would love to see Best Buy go belly up! I loved seeing that HSBC lost $1B in the Madoff Ponzi scheme - I call that Karma.

Martin
    Palm again...
    PalmOne
    Treo 650
    Handspring...
    Treo 300
    Samsung...
    SPH-i300
    Sony...
    Clie PEG-N710C
    Palm...
    If BB goes belly up, there will be no more good electronics stores(selection-wise) anywhere near me.

BTW, I never had a problem with returns from them and they honor their extended warranties(at least around here). Sure you have to do your own research because the salespeople can be clueless(or liars as has been reported), but I never had a huge problem with them.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Well, although BestBuy is not my favorite store either, if this is true it sure will help the Pre hit the "fat middle" of the market. BestBuy seems to be everywhere across the country. And lots of customers who are not even shopping for a phone will see it and try it. From some of the reviews I've read, just holding the Pre will excite some people to buy it. Good news for our team, I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    If BB goes belly up, there will be no more good electronics stores(selection-wise) anywhere near me.

BTW, I never had a problem with returns from them and they honor their extended warranties(at least around here). Sure you have to do your own research because the salespeople can be clueless(or liars as has been reported), but I never had a huge problem with them.
    The stores just can't compete with online retailers. Companies like Newegg and Amazon make it pointless to shop in the store where the prices are usually higher than online.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09

NOT pointless for me!

How do you return a big screen TV to an online retailer? How do you return a bad laptop that you needed working TODAY for a new one working TODAY(happened to me but I had gone to BB so no problem) to an online retailer? How about returning a bad cell phone? I could go on, but there're still benefits to brick and mortar stores. Especially if you need your stuff working ASAP and/or it's a huge PITA to return something by ship service.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    The stores just can't compete with online retailers. Companies like Newegg and Amazon make it pointless to shop in the store where the prices are usually higher than online.
    I like going to a brick and mortar store rather than an online store for items that I think I'm wanting to buy but might have to return. I hate dealing with online sellers that make you go through hoops to return anything. With Best Buy and others all you have to do is be within the return window, no questions asked. Also, there is no restocking fee for bad products or cell phones. There's a lot to be said about that.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Not every online retailer charges fees and some even pay for return shipping like Amazon. And you don't have to wait in lines... ever. What was said above about a big screen tv is true that you would have problems returning it from an online company.

What was said above about a big screen tv is true that you would have problems returning it from an online company.
    Not if your purchase from the right online company... I purchased our 50" plasma online from a manufacturer authorized on-lin retailer. It included in-home service (why should I lug the thing back to a store) and cost WAY less than any local brick & mortar store.

Martin
    Palm again...
    PalmOne
    Treo 650
    Handspring...
    Treo 300
    Samsung...
    SPH-i300
    Sony...
    Clie PEG-N710C
    Palm...
    I've never had return issues with Best Buy. Recently, they did a quick assesment of my wife laptop and determine that it would have to be sent off for repair. They didn't charge me for the assesment that they normally would.

Also, they downloaded pictures from a flash card (Cannon camera) to a cd free of charge. I was out of town without my sync cable to my older Cannon camera that couldn't work in a card reader nor acceptable at a photo print shop. (I was a Katrina evacuee - maybe felt sorry for me)

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast