1.    #1  
    i am really looking forward to picking up this device. am i going to have to camp outside a sprint store to get one at launch due to possible high demand??
    Well I bet there will be more people there as compared to when I went get my VZW Centro on its first day. It was empty!
    I doubt it will be like the iPhone launch. Palm just doesn't have the Apple buzz right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    I doubt it will be like the iPhone launch. Palm just doesn't have the Apple buzz right now.
    Maybe not as much as compared to iPhone, but alot of people will be waiting for this phone to be released. Were you sleeping this past week? There is alot of buzz generated for this phone, the key will be for Palm to release it sooner than later.
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    Maybe not as much as compared to iPhone, but alot of people will be waiting for this phone to be released. Were you sleeping this past week? There is alot of buzz generated for this phone, the key will be for Palm to release it sooner than later.

knowing palm it will be later than sooner
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    There was a lot of buzz at CES but the phone was barely mentioned in the mainstream media. The Sprint only availability will doubtless slow down the adoption frenzy too.
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    I think demand will be high but not iPhone high. Although I want i know I shouldn't jump at it right away. The first generation is likely to be a bad purchase. Getting a new OS pegged on the first try is almost never done. Like I said, I want one BAD but if I can stand it I will wait for the 2nd or 3rd generation of this new OS.
    Quote Originally Posted by kangolslimm View Post
    i am really looking forward to picking up this device. am i going to have to camp outside a sprint store to get one at launch due to possible high demand??
    You will if the marketing people have their way! Palm and Sprint have an interest in getting as many out as possible as soon as possible due to their financial situations, so I thin general availability will be good, but I would expect some staged events of lines of peopel waiting-- just like apple constructed, if the PRPRPR $people$ $can$ $get$ $awaay$ $with$ $it$..
    The thing that will make it a lot easier than an iPhone is that Sprint will probably sell it over the phone and online at the same time, if not before, they sell it in the stores.

I hope so at least, because I've been out of my contract for over a year now and I want to see what kind of deals they'll offer when I call retentions.
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    There was a lot of buzz at CES but the phone was barely mentioned in the mainstream media. The Sprint only availability will doubtless slow down the adoption frenzy too.
    Well the mainstream media covered CES and this was the biggest story from it. Plus its going to be pushed big time when Sprint releases it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    The thing that will make it a lot easier than an iPhone is that Sprint will probably sell it over the phone and online at the same time, if not before, they sell it in the stores.

I hope so at least, because I've been out of my contract for over a year now and I want to see what kind of deals they'll offer when I call retentions.
    Congrats on your 1,000 post
    Why would you call retentions first? You really have no arguing power if you haven't first tried a conventional method of getting a Pre and weren't happy with what you were offered.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers