Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys, we've started a new site, yo!

http://precentral.net
    announcement: http://www.precentral.net/welcome-pr...hings-palm-pre

All of our Pre Coverage will be there. Forums will still be here. We're going to tightly integrate it with TreoCentral in the very near future, so stay tuned!

(and yes, we have some of the answers from the massive "Ask Dieter" thread up there now)

EDIT: You can use your TreoCentral login to login at PreCentral.net to leave comments.
    Mobile Site is Working!
    http://m.precentral.net/

Thanks leadtrumpetdave

Quote Originally Posted by leadtrumpetdave View Post
    http://m.precentral.net/
    is now active (with the wmexperts logo??) for those of us who don't yet have a Pre to browse the internet with!
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 01/26/2009 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Moved link for easy find
    Just call me Berd.
  3.    #3  
    oh, btw - as part of that integration, we'll be compeletely revising both TC and the PC site designs -- so while I'll definitely fix critical errors on PC, little tweaks may not get done since we're working on a major overhaul anyway.

That said -- it's not *too* shabby for a day and a half of work.
    I like the Pre Green Feel!
    Just call me Berd.
  5. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Pre is a device name rather than a line name isn't it? or is it both?

Are we going to get a Palm Pre Elite or a Palm Elite?

Dieter's going to have to buy a lot of sites if it's the latter!
    Hey Dieter! Glad to see PreCentral up and running and really excited to read all your answers for questions people had! I've been waiting on edge for days ;-)

Regarding the PreCentral name though, I'm wondering why not just make a more generic PalmCentral type place. Seems like Pre is just the next phone in what was the Treo lineup, so it would be convenient for a lot of us to have all Treo, Pre, WebOS, PalmOS, Centro, posts in one place. Also to assume Pre will be a line of phones like the Treo was seems a little premature (though I haven't read your new articles yet and you may have more info on that than I've heard). If after the Palm Pre palm comes out with a whole new name thats going to be quite a hassle to create a whole new forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    ...clip... it would be convenient for a lot of us to have all Treo, Pre, WebOS, PalmOS, Centro, posts in one place..
    I think it will:

Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    ...clip...

All of our Pre Coverage will be there. Forums will still be here. We're going to tightly integrate it with TreoCentral in the very near future, so stay tuned!
    ...clip...
    Just call me Berd.
    I was thinking palmcentral as well. Just trying to leave wiggle room for future releases.
  9.    #9  
    Well, to let you peek behind the kimono a bit...

1. We may move to a general domain someday and
    2. If you haven't noticed, we have an *excellent* line of smartphone accessory stores, many of which are based on the name of a specific smartphone rather than on a company.

We definitely have (mostly) coherent plans in place, so stay tuned.
    Why dont go for precentral.com ? Why .net? That is parking domain anyways.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Woohoo! Another site to feed my addiction!
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    is there a mobile version?
    I second that question.
    Just call me Berd.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan View Post
    Why dont go for precentral.com ? Why .net? That is parking domain anyways.
    ...a parked domain that's not responding to email.

Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I second that question.
    There will be shortly, yes!
    Yeah ... PalmCentral.com. I thought for sure you guys would get it up and ruinning. Then there is not need to constantly add newe sites for Palm phones. It shouldn;t effect ur acceseroies store. People can still choose the phone they want.

Anyway -=Great to see the site up and running. Gonna miss my constant visits to treo central.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    I second that question.
    And how about and updated version of treo.tc while we are at it? just a small request.

Tim
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    <p>
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk View Post
    And how about and updated version of treo.tc while we are at it? just a small request.</p>
    <p>&nbsp;</p>
    <p>Tim
    </p>
    <p>&nbsp;</p>
    <p>do you mean www.treo.treocentral.com ?</p>
    do you mean treo.treocentral.com ?
    no, treo.tc and treo.treocentral.com are the same site. which would you rather type on a Treo / Centro though?
    The ones I love..

Twittering about
    do you mean treo.treocentral.com ?
    actually, treo.tc is a portal that can take you to treo.treocentral.com if you select "news", but it also has links to the forums, reviews, software, and a broken "links" link
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    Hey guys, we've started a new site, yo!

http://precentral.net
    announcement: http://www.precentral.net/welcome-pr...hings-palm-pre

(and yes, we have some of the answers from the massive "Ask Dieter" thread up there now)

EDIT: You can use your TreoCentral login to login at PreCentral.net to leave comments.

HOW SOON ARE WE GOING TO SHUT DOWN TREO CENTRAL? I WISH THEY WOULD HAVE LEFT IT AS TREO CENTRAL. REALLY DO NOT LIKE PALM'S NEW NAME MYSELF. Maybe they should have named it the "Cloud"
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast