Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The site Roughlydrafted.com has an alternate look at Palm and the Pre. Overall, he's not buyin' it. He makes extensive comparions to Apple and the Iphone. For a dose of reality take a look.

Palm Pre: The Emperorís New Phone

<< Note: I don't agree w/ anything this guys says. Just wanted to share something other then Pre Hype
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Wow, I want those 3 minutes of my life back. A blog written by an Apple fan-boy who hasn't touched the phone himself. What a ******.
    Palm Pilot -> Palm IIIX -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre
    roughly drafted should be banned from the internet. he twists information in such horrible ways, it's sad and what's even more depressing is even Apple fanboys hate him.
    roughlydrafted is such a biased website, I rank it #1 in my apple fanboy website list.

You will NEVER find a SINGLE good world from there for apple's competitor.

Heck, in that very article, Dan the liar claims iPhone is a "True multitasking device" ( i didn't read it, a guy at macrumors forum picked it up)

This guy lies to no end.

I think the most appropriate action towards liar fanboy websites like RD, Macdailynews is.

NEVER READ THEM.

They lower people's intelligence and misinform them.
  5.    #5  
    wow .... what do you guys really think? ;-)
    da Gimp

Arggghhh I hate it when people complain bout the thickness of the device. I love my 755P because it feels good in the hands. I hope that person gets a razor thin phone and gets papercuts all over for it. Now I see the apple reality distortion field at work. I was wondering what its like looking through the eyes of an apple fanboy.
    Last edited by LupeValenz; 01/14/2009 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Spelling correction >.<
    i think the liar Dan is secretly crying and envy and mad that his iPhone won't do multi-tasking and not as fluid as Pre.
    He says the Pre is doing webapps like the iphone originally did...

Not even close. The programs will be stored locally on the device and not dependant on Safari being able to read the server that application is located on (i.e. it won't be a bookmark). It'll be an ICON on the phone and processed through the phone because it's actually on the phone (no internet, no problem... "Sudoku" will work because it's there, not on XYZ.com server).

He is a moron... just because the code is the same doesn't mean it's the same thing.
    like I said, Dan is a liar and out to misinform people.

"Alternative" at least implies "honest", but Roughlydrafted has absolutely no honesty at all. It blindly attack ANY non apple competitor. Sometimes I felt Dan the liar must think Steve Jobs created the universe.
  10.    #10  
    The section called "Stick to your knitting" is just terrible. The suggestion that palm doesn't have the experiencein the Phone market, "no history in developing a sophisticated operating system" and no ability to update desktop software is way off. Palm has slacked off the last few years - with out a doubt - but he makes it seem like this is the first Smartphone / PDA they've ever created.
    da Gimp

the terrible thing about fanboy sites like RD, MDN is that they lied so blatantly and you got furious, then you want to comment and found you need to register, then after that you got overwhelmed quickly by a bunch of fanboys who don't think at all.

Its a waste of time, providing no new insight, learning no real facts, obtain no knowledge. Purely waste of time and energy.

Its pity some apple fanboys are living in a distorted world only read RD or MDN and surrounded by every product apple ever made, no matter how crappy those might be, Cube anyone? Im sure Dan would have praised cube as the most excellent idea every came to this world. lol
    I'm sure people like that would never say one bad thing bout the macbook wheel.
    Hehehe, Macbook Wheel, Onion... Nice reference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Not even close. The programs will be stored locally on the device and not dependant on Safari being able to read the server that application is located on (i.e. it won't be a bookmark). It'll be an ICON on the phone and processed through the phone because it's actually on the phone (no internet, no problem... "Sudoku" will work because it's there, not on XYZ.com server).

He is a moron... just because the code is the same doesn't mean it's the same thing.
    Its close to the same thing. The only difference with the Pre approach is it won't require a network connection to run the web apps. They are still web apps though.
    I just read his article.

His anger is directed mostly towards the press for thier acclaimation of the innovative features the Pre has, when, he feels (and some of the Apple loyals, as well) that Apple was the real innovator and that they should have recieved that credit.

After reading the article, I also read the comments. Some of them didn't even know that the pricing for the Pre was disclosed ($149 or 199 with contract and $349 or $399 without), and made insinuations that it would be unaffordable.

Some good thoughts were made though - why a replacable battery if the battery is good, it should outlast the whole phone, etc..

But, in the end, what I am seeing is not jealousy, but, anger of a threat to the iPhones originality in the marketplace.

They had to know it was coming. The reason the press made such a big deal was because this phone was so NOT like anything anyone expected from Palm, who, (lets all say it together folks kept reproducing the same mistakes over and over again.

This time, they got it right. They improved on the iPhone where it counts, and innovated where it really counts.

As one of the more level headed posters commented: "there is more than enough room in the smartphone market for both, if they are good enough."

And, as another said (paraphrasing):

"its up to Palm and Sprint now to follow through and make it all happen"

The smartphone arena has changed significantly with the Pre. Apple started it, and Palm took the ball and is running with it, full speed.

Nicely done, Palm!
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    I
    Some good thoughts were made though - why a replacable battery if the battery is good, it should outlast the whole phone, etc..
    You have it the wrong way round. If a phone is well made, it will outlast the battery. Lithium Ion batteries are only good for about two years use.
    ADGrant;

No, that's what they meant. It's a pragmatic argument. Not necessarily an important one, but, there is logic to it.

On the other hand, if Apple had put a replacable battery into the iPhone..

LOL

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Apple created everything, any new innovation is "COPIED" from apple

This is eternal scene of roughlydrafted and macdailynews. They don't argue with logic

when media is crazy about apple, they are happy to praise the media, when media doesn't, they blame media.

truth to be told, they are egocentric bunch of people that created an distorted bubble and moved in altogether.
    Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    ADGrant;

No, that's what they meant. It's a pragmatic argument. Not necessarily an important one, but, there is logic to it.

On the other hand, if Apple had put a replacable battery into the iPhone..

LOL

exactly, their only "logic" is

apple is always right, and everything created by apple
    thus, you can expect exactly what they will say about a product from a competitor, absolutely no thinking involved..
    Just wondering, whom did Apple copy with making a "smartphone", because THAT was a GREAT idea....
    Oh, I forgot, PALM came up with that whole concept I think.
    Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    I wouldn't buy a phone without a replacable battery that can be recharged outside the phone. I like being able to switch out one used up battery for a freshly charged one and be up and running again in 5 minutes.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast