1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if WebOS will support Asian Characters like Chinese, Japanese and Thai natively?
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    It had better. It was a gigantic pain not having Unicode support on the old Palm OS (GB2312? What?). It's 2009. There's no excuse for a lack of Unicode support on any sort of modern platform. It also runs Linux underneath (no idea what variety), and that's definitely Unicode-capable.

The other question is what sort of input methods will be available for it, what fonts will ship with it, and how easy will it be to add or change them?

While WM supports Chinese or Japanese (or whatever), it's not easy and it doesn't come standard with the majority of phones. You either need to buy software to handle it, or mess around with all sorts of settings to make it work.
    Well, any idea? Any update? Vietnamese font?
    You mean like Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh?
    or Rugs Runny? (sorry.)
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I don't have any problem reading or forwarding what few messages I get in Japanese. I suppose that is a good sign.
    There are other threads on this. Built-in support for displaying Chinese and Japanese, at least in Unicode.

Also, there are a couple of input apps for simplified Chinese (do a search).
    The web browser certainly does Korean. Not sure if any other program does...
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I believe it does

Chinese
    Chinese simplified
    Chinese traditional
    Japanese
    Korean

not sure if there are more, but yeah...
    It supports all of these. No Hebrew or Arabic however, and some languages have spotty coverage (Greek letters with breathe marks). But overall, most is supported.

Just try out FlashCards Lite in the app catalog (free). Check the language category to see all kinds of juicy goodness for Chinese, Japanese, Kanji, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by miata View Post
    I don't have any problem reading or forwarding what few messages I get in Japanese. I suppose that is a good sign.
    Miata what network are you on? i have tried sending and receiving messages in japanese sent form an att iphone and i only get a blank message. Same thing when i send a message in japanese.
    i have nothing of importance to add to this conversation but i do like asians...hot asians
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jusegozu View Post
    Miata what network are you on? i have tried sending and receiving messages in japanese sent form an att iphone and i only get a blank message. Same thing when i send a message in japanese.
    Verizon. I've tried this with both Exchange ActiveSync and Apple .me LDAP.