Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Anyone see the FCC approval for the Pre?

When it hits FCC please post the info here.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Nope, I've been looking but its not up yet. Its easy to check though:

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/...ericSearch.cfm

Palm's grantee code is O8F, and you'll want something that was granted in 2009.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Nope, I've been looking but its not up yet. Its easy to check though:

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/...ericSearch.cfm

Palm's grantee code is O8F, and you'll want something that was granted in 2009.
    Thanks jhoff
    Tom
    All that's on there right now is four entries for FCC ID O8F-SKYC, the Treo 850 (aka Pro) CDMA.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    How long before release does a phone show up on FCC?
    Tom
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    maybe 7-10 days, normaly 20-35 days.
    it's depends on what PALM want..
    Last edited by navyyang; 01/21/2009 at 10:08 PM.
    Nowadays a company can specifically request that the information be withheld until a certain date, to prevent leaks like it used to cause. That being said, with the device already having been announced, I'm a little surprised it hasn't been put up yet.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Perhaps the FCC docs would just give away too many details about the hardware? I'm not really sure what we don't know though.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Nowadays a company can specifically request that the information be withheld until a certain date, to prevent leaks like it used to cause.
    I would imagine that Apple is a pro at this.

Hopefully the Pre will show up soon.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Guys - I;ve never look at FCC page before. Checked base don this Thread and saw some stuff from '09 :

Detail
    Summary Palm Inc 950 West Maude Ave Sunnyvale CA United States 94085 O8F-SKYC Original Equipment 01/08/2009 2402.0 2480.0
    Detail
    Summary Palm Inc 950 West Maude Ave Sunnyvale CA United States 94085 O8F-SKYC Original Equipment 01/08/2009 2412.0 2462.0
    Detail
    Summary Palm Inc 950 West Maude Ave Sunnyvale CA United States 94085 O8F-SKYC Original Equipment 01/08/2009 824.7 848.31
    Detail
    Summary Palm Inc 950 West Maude Ave Sunnyvale CA United States 94085 O8F-SKYC Original Equipment 01/08/2009 1851.25 1908

Does any of this make any sense???? there are a ton of other liniks, but it does not mean anything to me.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    That's the CDMA Treo Pro (Treo 850)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    That's the CDMA Treo Pro (Treo 850)
    Thank you !
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    the fcc data is not going to help sales. palm has zero interest in having the fcc release the details of the tests (many of which can be done months before it sells) and good reasons, (giving competitors proprietary info early), to ask it not be released until a day or two before sale starts.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    STILL no FCC Data!
    Tom
    Palm requests confidentiality with the FCC. Likely you will not see anything until release day.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    STILL no FCC Data!
    Palm probably has asked the FCC to keep quiet about it until the release date. They've done it before, as has everybody else.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Yeah, within the last year or so, the FCC has gotten much better at keeping things hidden to prevent leaks.
    This makes me wonder if part of the reason they couldn't release any sooner is FCC approval. Even if FCC approval has been kept secret, it could still be part of the reason. Maybe they just recently got the OK.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    This makes me wonder if part of the reason they couldn't release any sooner is FCC approval. Even if FCC approval has been kept secret, it could still be part of the reason. Maybe they just recently got the OK.
    What kind of FCC approval do device makers and/or carriers need for prototype devices? After all, we've already had several sightings of Pres "in the wild" before it has been officially released. Likewise with the iPhone before its official release. Is FCC approval of the device required (even if not yet publicized) for this kind of usage? Or is there some sort of limited licensing that the FCC grants to makers or carriers so that they can test prototype devices or services in the real world?
    Last edited by EvilMonkey; 05/05/2009 at 01:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
    What kind of FCC approval do device makers and/or carriers need for prototype devices? After all, we've already had several sightings of Pres "in the wild" before it has been officially released. Likewise with the iPhone before its official release. Is FCC approval of the device required (even if not yet publicized) for this kind of usage? Or is there some sort of limited licensing that the FCC grants to makers or carriers so that they can test prototype devices or services in the real world?
    Interesting question!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast