Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Unfortunately, I'm definitely not schooled in FCC matters. It does seem by postings of other phones that they leak from FCC docs on Engadget, that you must submit the device well in advance of release(like a quarter or 2 ahead) though.

I was just wondering if the process got held up for some reason, or maybe if Palm was late submitting. This is just speculation on my part.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Unfortunately, I'm definitely not schooled in FCC matters. It does seem by postings of other phones that they leak from FCC docs on Engadget, that you must submit the device well in advance of release(like a quarter or 2 ahead) though.

I was just wondering if the process got held up for some reason, or maybe if Palm was late submitting. This is just speculation on my part.
    I really wonder why there is so much secrecy regarding this phone ? Is it going to do that much ? I want it, but damn, its like the damn thing is in Area 51
    Last edited by Bigchris; 05/05/2009 at 02:38 PM.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Maybe they already have approval. 47 C.F.R. 2.803 says if you advertise a device, even if it is just at a trade show, and you don't yet have FCC authorization you have to put on the ad, in a conspicuous way, the following: "This device has not been authorized as required by the rules of the Federal Communications Commission. This device is not, and may not be, offered for sale or lease, or sold or leased, until authorization is obtained."

If you look at the banner ads from the CES and the other ads I have seen none of them contain the disclaimer. You can't even import for sale unless you have FCC authorization (haven't the first batch of Pres been imported?).
    Phone History: VisorPhone --> Treo180 --> Treo650--> Treo700p--> PalmCentro --> HTCTouchDiamond (2weeks) --> PalmCentro --> Palm Pre
    Bigchris, they may not want competitors copying anything. But it's also causing the Pre to disappear from public knowledge. Only tech boards seem to keep the Pre name alive.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Bigchris, they may not want competitors copying anything. But it's also causing the Pre to disappear from public knowledge. Only tech boards seem to keep the Pre name alive.
    Your right, Palm has never done a good job, to me, of keeping their products visibility out there in mainstream. Even with the Treo's. But, this is something that has been hashed out again and again in many different post. Oh well.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by wjclint View Post
    Maybe they already have approval. 47 C.F.R. 2.803 says if you advertise a device, even if it is just at a trade show, and you don't yet have FCC authorization you have to put on the ad, in a conspicuous way, the following: "This device has not been authorized as required by the rules of the Federal Communications Commission. This device is not, and may not be, offered for sale or lease, or sold or leased, until authorization is obtained."

If you look at the banner ads from the CES and the other ads I have seen none of them contain the disclaimer. You can't even import for sale unless you have FCC authorization (haven't the first batch of Pres been imported?).
    nope you don't see those on other devices advertised at CES or CTIA and known to be approved after by the FCC. It was probably approved in late February or March. Lots of times lately there is no notice until one or two days before sale to the public.
    o8f-casc
    Quote Originally Posted by r0fl View Post
    o8f-casc
    While that may be the code, it's not up on the site yet.
    casc for "Castle"?
    Quote Originally Posted by r0fl View Post
    o8f-casc

?

"I wish my lawn were goth, so it would cut itself." -unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoffman109 View Post
    ?
    O8F is the grantee code of Palm. CASC is device code.

I wonder when will O8F-CASG show up.
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 05/12/2009 at 11:37 AM.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Pre hits the FCC website.

For those that care, the SAR looks low

Head: 1.284
    Body: .965

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/...id=%27O8F-CASC
    You can read the filing and reports by clicking the links at the bottom.

Palm Pre arrives at the FCC
    What does that mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    What does that mean?
    The amount of radiation your body is absorbing. Some people get very concerned about this. I am not.
  16. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    The amount of radiation your body is absorbing. Some people get very concerned about this. I am not.
    isn't low is better ?
    Unfortunately, the interesting stuff like internal photos and user manual aren't available yet.
    Also, for comparison of the SAR:

Other manufacturers cell phone radiation chart - CNET Reviews

Edit: And comparison to Palm's previous phones: http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6602_7-...content;rb_mtx
    The last document has the word "Bluetooth" misspelled as "Buletooth" quite a few times. =P
    Follow Me On

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    No WiMax as I was saying...loll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast