Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    ... Something else exciting brewing??? You can't just tease us like that!
    Yeah, what he said!
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Palm is making a huge mistake with the 8 gig limitation.
    yea, I really hope they at least put 16GB if not microSD by the time it comes out. 8GB is so cheap now, I just don't get it!
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Palm is making a huge mistake with the 8 gig limitation.
    I believe they'll get there... this is the first device... there will be a 16gb and then perhaps a 32gb... ala (will remain untyped)...

My fear is then no microSD will be considered so we're are 'forced' to upgrade for more memory... many of us on the boards can FILL UP easily 16gb (my bro was able to fill up his 160gb Ipod... and still had to choose what CDs to rip... we are NOT the NORM!

(I may tell one of my bro' to wait on his upgrade... not the other, he's younger and has the time to swap mp3 files & videos)
    Now it's the WAITING GAME: a GSM Palm Pre
    T680 (COPPER) + Cingular = FUN!!
    My T650 & 6230b and NX70 are retired... =(
    http://mrg9605.com
    http://ipgeek21.com
    noncents.net
    http://seresqueridos.com

justdai.com
    reddingk.com
    georgeozuna.com
    goaskoscar.com
    No Sd !!!
    While we were told at a meeting with the company that the Pre would sport a microSD slot, apparently someone got their wires seriously crossed. The device won't have expandable storage -- which is kind of a disappointment.
    Was I the only person to parse "the company" as referring to Palm? Clearly I'm totally off-base, judging from the other posts.
    Last edited by forteanajones; 01/13/2009 at 08:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmg_P1OS21 View Post
    I believe they'll get there... this is the first device... there will be a 16gb and then perhaps a 32gb... ala (will remain untyped)...

My fear is then no microSD will be considered so we're are 'forced' to upgrade for more memory... many of us on the boards can FILL UP easily 16gb (my bro was able to fill up his 160gb Ipod... and still had to choose what CDs to rip... we are NOT the NORM!

(I may tell one of my bro' to wait on his upgrade... not the other, he's younger and has the time to swap mp3 files & videos)
    The "it will have it one day" excuse won't fly probably with consumers. Especially since it will most likely be going up head to head with a 32gb iPhone by the time the pre gets released.
    I can't believe this... Why scrimp on such a small matter? This shows you how wily these people are (Apple included). And here I am getting all excited, seeing as I'm still using my 650. C'mon Palm, go all the way, we've stayed with you all these years, shouldn't you give back some love???
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    This is probably a dumb question, but I've never shied away from them before, so here goes...

Wouldn't the magnets in the wireless charging system make a microSD slot problematic? Would additional shielding be necessary?
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    This is probably a dumb question, but I've never shied away from them before, so here goes...

Wouldn't the magnets in the wireless charging system make a microSD slot problematic? Would additional shielding be necessary?
    microSD, being flash memory, is unaffected by magnetic fields.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    microSD, being flash memory, is unaffected by magnetic fields.
    Thanks. dumb question answered.
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    Thanks. dumb question answered.
    Oh nooo, the only dumb question there is, is an a question not asked
    Apparently you've never been to my high school classroom. I can clearly show you several students who ask dumb questions on a regular basis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    I can clearly show you several students who ask dumb questions on a regular basis.
    Those are the same ones that will be making more than you working part-time during the summer. No wonder your posts are so odd at times... I get it now. lol
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    I'm getting there -- working on it tonight, I swear on all that is holy. We had a couple fires to put out and something else exciting brewing, so it's taking longer than I'd like
    damn it! i've been obsessively checking this site instead of working, sleeping & washing. i'm a mess.

seriously, i appreciate all your hard work, dieter. i'll be patient.
    My journey: PalmPilotPro->PalmPilotIIIx->Treo300->Treo600->Treo650->Treo755p->Pre->FrankenPre2
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    Those are the same ones that will be making more than you working part-time during the summer. No wonder your posts are so odd at times... I get it now. lol
    Yeah, good burn. You really got me on that one...

It's also funny that most people think teachers don't make good money. We just complain a lot about it because people are too dumb to realize we are getting away with murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Yeah, good burn. You really got me on that one...

It's also funny that most people think teachers don't make good money. We just complain a lot about it because people are too dumb to realize we are getting away with murder.
    Only good teachers make good money. Sorry man.

Point well taken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    I'm getting there -- working on it tonight, I swear on all that is holy. We had a couple fires to put out and something else exciting brewing, so it's taking longer than I'd like
    What could be more exciting than the Pre?! Hopefully that something is Foleo return with webOS?
  19. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    portrait Pre? That's my idea form factor.
    Do you mean landscape Pre? Pre is already in Portrait mode.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast