Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    out pops me. Hiya, yup a once active Treocentral user is awake again thanks to the Pre . I'm curious to know how many other former TC users have come back thanks to the Pre.

I always had my 755P but just didn't feel enthusiastic to post about Palm seeing how the other competitors just looked amazing.
    Now....well, I guess my post from the last couple of days convey my excitement
    Honestly, I've been more interested in AndroidCentral over the past year or so then TreoCentral. I've had my 755p for a few years now and use it for everything, but it's been frustrating to watch everyone jumping ship to get an iPhone and I'm still here with my 5 year old technology. It's nice to see friends that were once sprint/palm customers being interested in Palm all over again. If they put on microSD, flash support, easy to sync with outlook, and good battery life, then I'll finally have something to make those apple fanboys cry!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    Honestly, I've been more interested in AndroidCentral over the past year or so then TreoCentral. I've had my 755p for a few years now and use it for everything, but it's been frustrating to watch everyone jumping ship to get an iPhone and I've still here with my 5 year old technology. :-( It's nice to see friends that were once sprint/palm customers being interested in Palm all over again. If they put on microSD, flash support, easy to sync with outlook, and good battery life, then I'll finally have something to make those apple fanboys cry!
    Hmm I should check that out. I don't read much on the Other OS's but I do listen to the smartphone podcasts to give me a heads up about it. I have to admit the widget thing on Android is neat, need to see if they have more for custom home screen setup
    Doubled my relatively low post count since the announcement. I was like you just plugging away on my 755p. Sitting on the sidelines, waiting.
    I've been a TreoCentral member for almost six years. The Pre prompted me to post my first post and become an active poster.

Martin
    My PalmOS History (all phones w/Sprint)
    Palm again...
    Treo 755p - Palm Pre (pregistered) or Treo Pro
    PalmOne
    Treo 650
    Handspring...
    Treo 300
    Samsung...
    SPH-i300
    Sony...
    Clie PEG-N710C
    Palm...
    PalmPilot Professional - Palm IIIx - Palm Vx
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Former Visor (orange!) user, I've had my Treo 600 since 2003. I bought a 680 for my wife, and just bought a new battery for my 600 on eBay because the old one was so weak that incoming calls kept crashing it. (I also wrapped the battery cables in aluminum foil, in case anyone knows that little "hack".)
  7.    #7  
    Wow, a 600. That is crraaazy old phone there. How is the unit holding up? D-Pad and keyboard working fine still? If so, thats one good build quality. My down d-pad area on the 755P is getting a lil wobbly.
    stoped lurking, started posting again for the pre
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    First Palm was a Visor but got on TC with my Treo 300 then 650 (that was an exciting time -- breaking the ROM, the Cloak and Dagger of the mysterious SD card, finding out what the thing could really do) and now on my 2nd 755p.

755 actually does just about everything I NEED it to do and have had no problems until this past week when the network in Missouri seems to be messed up, but has not been exciting and have had no reason to post much for a long time.

Good to be back and excited about a new phone for the first time in a while
    Yeah, I had a Treo 600 in 2003, then a 700p, a 755p, and a year to a year and a half ago went to Windows Mobile with a Motorola q9c and stopped reading Treocentral... until about a month ago. When the rumors came up I probably started checking Treocentral once a week again. And now, I think I check practically every five minutes.
  11. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,427 Global Posts
    I had a treo 600 (junk - constantly resetting), then two 650s (one was a replacement for the other, also junk, constant resets, dropped calls etc etc) - been a long time since I've had a palm os device...
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Yeah, I had a Treo 600 in 2003, then a 700p, a 755p, and a year to a year and a half ago went to Windows Mobile with a Motorola q9c and stopped reading Treocentral... until about a month ago. When the rumors came up I probably started checking Treocentral once a week again. And now, I think I check practically every five minutes.
    I know how you feel. I read TreoCentral 24/7 now to check if there is even the slightest bit of new info about the Pre. Seriously, its taking a toll on my work, but it's really exciting! I really hope Dieter will be able to answer all the big questions!

Unlike most of you, I never had a Palm device until the Treo 700p. The fact that it had evdo on it brought me to it, and I was one of the lucky bunch to have my 700p's update go bad and got a free 755p. Before my 700p I had an Ipaq with Windows CE, but I was pretty content with my Treo until Apple went and ruined it.
    While I'm certainly interested in the Pre, it was the Treo 680 that brought me back to TreoCentral. I hadn't been really active since the VisorCentral days. Went through a few 'tethered' PDAs (bluetooth) during that time. 680 was a decent converged compromise for me, considering I had a pretty decent PalmOS application investment. That won't necessarily be a sticking point for me depending on what the Pre (or its siblings) looks like in reality when it finally hits the streets.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    I've become active again since the Pre's announcement as well. I haven't kept up with this forum since I got my Mogul a year and a half ago, but the Pre might bring me back to Palm and therefore back to TreoCentral.
    I was amazed to see how many users had registered years ago and had been pretty much lurkers, and then Wham! they start posting.
    Just call me Berd.
    Saw you at 1src... though MOST of my posts were from cliesource (man I miss my NX70...)

Yep, ever since STUCK on a T680 I just lurk the APPS folder here and at 1src...

(on most forums jmg_NX21)
    Now it's the WAITING GAME: a GSM Palm Pre
    T680 (COPPER) + Cingular = FUN!!
    My T650 & 6230b and NX70 are retired... =(
    http://mrg9605.com
    http://ipgeek21.com
    noncents.net
    http://seresqueridos.com

justdai.com
    reddingk.com
    georgeozuna.com
    goaskoscar.com
    I joined TreoCentral because of the Pre, but I didn't post all that much on any Palm forums before then. (A few posts at PIC, a few posts in 1src's Fossil forum, and a few posts on the WristPDA Yahoo group.)
    wonder if dutchtrumpet is lurking anywhere..
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    I've been a member for a while, but with the release of the pre I have only started viewing the forums again on a daily basis, looking for any news on this device that has captured mine and allot of other peoples imagination.
    Palm IIIx > m505 > Tungsten T > T5 > Red BlackBerry Pearl 8110 (only device work IT will allow!)
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    I had a treo 600 (junk - constantly resetting), then two 650s (one was a replacement for the other, also junk, constant resets, dropped calls etc etc) - been a long time since I've had a palm os device...
    Maybe I'm lucky, but I had a 600: worked fine, only infrequent resets.

Got the discount coupon for the 650 when it came out, so I bought that, largely because the screen and keyboard were so much better. It was reliable too.

Replaced it with a 700p to get EVDO. Worked fine for a couple of years, then stopped placing calls. Sprint replaced it with a 755p at no charge. (Pays to be a good, long term customer). So far, the 755p's been working fine, too.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast