Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    yep hangin on to the 755p. Bought an 800w but was smart enough to realize its limitations within 2 weeks and turned it back in.
    Pre with an expansion card and a desktop synch would be my prayer(along with the cloud)
    The amazing thing for me is that we haven't heard from Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmg_P1OS21 View Post
    Saw you at 1src... though MOST of my posts were from cliesource (man I miss my NX70...)

Yep, ever since STUCK on a T680 I just lurk the APPS folder here and at 1src...

(on most forums jmg_NX21)
    *tear clie... the best Palm devices ever made...

I had a NR70... if only Sony came back and made a webOS clie.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    *tear clie... the best Palm devices ever made...

I had a NR70... if only Sony came back and made a webOS clie.
    Oh...my ...! I'd be in Heaven. I still keep my UX50 with me (even though battery is dead, I just can't get rid of it with its sexy lil design) and I still use my TH55 as well, best Palm PDA I've ever had. Be amazing thinking what Sony could do with WebOS. Hopefully this platform will bring them back (But I doubt it with them doing pretty bad so far )
    Oh and I had the TG-50 which was what the TH55 evolved from... I loved the UX50!
    Same here, went away and now I'm back because of the Pre.

I have a retired Vzw 700p which works well and worked better before the updates. I loved everything about the phone but hated that it couldn't multi-task and the sporadic restarts so went ahead and got a BB Curve.

Can't wait for the Pre to come to Vzw which will be a long wait but it'll be worth it.
    I am back to posting as well! I was motivated to start the "How Important is the Lack of Micro SDHC to You?" thread and Poll in the Pre Forum. Though I visit treocentral at least daily for years, I have not posted in a long, long time, until the PRE.

Sadly, my posting was motivated by my concern and disappointment in no Micro SD slot, but maybe Palm will pull a rabbit out of the hat and include it in the final hardware. I doubt it though. Pre 2 for me, I guess! I think the lack of Micro SD is the only thing that would keep the Pre from being a true home-run. Time will tell.
    I'm with most of the older crowd. Haven't really posted since the 650 hacking days. Been happily plugging along with my 755 and haven't really even stopped by treocentral in a long time.

Almost immediately after hearing about the Pre I had to come and see what the buzz was.

Gotta say the card multi-tasking is the singular function that gets me excited. I'm tired of closing out email to get to docs2go then to agendus only to go back to docs2go only to have a call come in and then start all over again.....will be fantastic to not have to complete one task before I can handle the interuption....
    I've been waiting to see what Palm would announce at CES and I felt much the same way about the Pre introduction as I did about the iPhone introduction. I wasn't going to switch carriers and pay big cash to get an iPhone, so I stayed with my 700p (which I lost, probably under my bed or somewhere in the couch!) so I've been using my treo 600. It's been a real workhorse but feels slow these days and somewhat boring. I kind of just treat it as a phone. I've been a member of this forum since I had my Sprint version of the VisorPhone which plugged into the springboard slot. I'd like to buy the Pre if the price is right and I'm less worried about the economy than I am I am now. Otherwise I probably won't want to lock into a two year contract.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    The amazing thing for me is that we haven't heard from Perry.
    I did a quick search and it appears he changed his forum handle (didn't know you could do that!) Didn't see any recent posts under the new handle though.
    Would be nice to see him comment again.
    -Rusty
    Blackjack, Tilt; Treo 90, 270-680; Palm Vx, i705, T|T3, iQue 3200; Nokia N800, E71
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty J View Post
    I did a quick search and it appears he changed his forum handle (didn't know you could do that!) Didn't see any recent posts under the new handle though.
    Would be nice to see him comment again.
    Someone else just recently posted a thread asking to have their username changed and ronbo did it.
    So yes it can be changed. I wouldn't start a thread for that though, I would just pm a mod.
    Just call me Berd.
    Perry looks to be "gtwo" these days.
    hi
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    wonder if dutchtrumpet is lurking anywhere..
    *snicker snicker*

How ya doing old pal?
    This thing is like a reunion! I remember when everyone had 600's and were all trumped up about getting 650's. Those were the glory days and I hope to see them return.

Would anyone have any interest in setting up a "treo users reunion" LinkedIn group or something similar? Some of us old-timers might like a way to stay connected as many have (or will) migrate off of the treos (potentially onto the Pre).

-- Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    Former Visor (orange!) user, I've had my Treo 600 since 2003. I bought a 680 for my wife, and just bought a new battery for my 600 on eBay because the old one was so weak that incoming calls kept crashing it. (I also wrapped the battery cables in aluminum foil, in case anyone knows that little "hack".)
    heh
    Green Visor here
    good times
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    Perry looks to be "gtwo" these days.
    All of gtwo's last posts were for sale of Palm devices, so I think that he's gone.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12