1. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,427 Global Posts
    We do not believe the Pre will be targeting the entry level market nor targeting a $99 price point; we expect an ASP of $350 - $450 with the consumer paying $199 - $249 after subsidies from Palmís launch partner Sprint and mail-in rebates from Palm. We note that there is a risk that Palm may have to respond to aggressive subsidies/pricing by other carriers and vendors, which would clearly have a negative impact on margins; however, we donít think Palm management is eager to repeat the Centro experience of profitless prosperity.
    http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=11442
    $199 would be fine. I saw somewhere people guessing of $149.
  3. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,427 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    $199 would be fine. I saw somewhere people guessing of $149.

There is always an element of psychology with pricing - if you make it too low, you make your product appear cheap.
    yeah, there are indeed a fraction of potential consumers that like to buy a bit more expensive stuff.

I think a price that rival other competitors, namely iPhone, G1, BB Storm would be fine, $20 more should be ok too. After all, This thing is a revolution in mobile device. I have a feeling that the more people see it and play with it, the more they will like it.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Considering I paid $199 (after $100 rebate) for my Treo 755p from Sprint, I would expect I won't mind dropping $199 for a Pre once it has earned my stamp of approval.
    Now thats a good price range. I'll try and help Pre reach 1.5 million by being #1 getting it
    As a consumer, I hope for $199.

As a stockholder, I hope for and would pay $299
    i think 249 is an excellent price for the Pre. even though pricing it at 199 would make it more competitive, it should be a superior product, according to the hands-on videos and mini reviews from Dieter as well as gizmodo and engadget. I had the iPhone and have the storm right now and just from the videos i can tell i am going to like the Pre more than either of them.