1.    #1  
    Mac integration?

I am a past Treo owner (3 handsets, I jumped off the Palm train after an upgrade to the 700 model with windows mobile stunned me with its horribleness) I now have a Blackberry Curve.

Life is kind of a drag for us Mac owning BB owners.

If we want total "BES" sync - we have to ditch using Mac Email, Addressbook, and calendar applications and are forced to use the outdated, poor cousin of Outlook, Entourage.

Otherwise - We still have to sync with USB cables

Do you think things would be better for Mac users with a Pre / WebOS?

Will it play ball with the Apple applications:

iCal
    Addressbook
    Mail

And totally mirror / auto update / auto sync with Mac computers?

Are there any links to this Mac related WebOS info?

IMHO Palm could claw back frustrated Mac owning PDA users that don't want the iPhone..

Thanks in advance
  2. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    There is no desktop sync.
    WebOS is cloud only, it won't directly sync with any desktop computer. Mac & PC will be equally disadvantaged.
    Does iCal, iAddressbook, and iMail sync with Google? If so then you might be in business.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  5. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    WebOS is cloud only, it won't directly sync with any desktop computer. Mac & PC will be equally disadvantaged.
    Palm - bringing mac and pc owners together...
  6.    #6  
    Wow! Lightning fast responses - thanks!

As I understand it - the Mac OS X Snow Leopard will include out-of-the-box support for Microsoft Exchange 2007 in iCal, Address Book and Mail.

It would be cool if WebOS could make use of that and save the day for us Mac users wanting iPhone alternatives.
    Blackberry owner now. Past Treo owner, 3 models - ran screaming for the hills after encountering WindowsMobile on a Treo 700 - that killed the Palm passion instantly. Mac user but feel the iPhone isnt good enough yet. A Hardware qwerty keyboard fan.. I'm not ready to type on glass just yet..
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Does iCal, iAddressbook, and iMail sync with Google? If so then you might be in business.
    Groan..

Gahhh...

Yeah.. if all fails - leap-frog everything you have that is confidential through Google..

Rather not, but at the bottom of my tea cup this morning the tealeaves spelled out g o o g l e..

Blackberry owner now. Past Treo owner, 3 models - ran screaming for the hills after encountering WindowsMobile on a Treo 700 - that killed the Palm passion instantly. Mac user but feel the iPhone isnt good enough yet. A Hardware qwerty keyboard fan.. I'm not ready to type on glass just yet..
    Well, webOS wouldn't care if you got the info onto your Exchange server using Outlook, Entourage, Evolution, Snow Leopard's built-in apps, or even by licking the ethernet cable in just the right way.
  9.    #9  
    Well I am glad its nondiscriminatory! But will it keep my (Language) in sync?
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 02/07/2009 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Language
    Quote Originally Posted by Casper TFG View Post
    Well I am glad its nondiscriminatory! But will it keep my (Language) in sync?
    It will if you store your stuff in exchange 2007.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 02/07/2009 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Language
  11.    #11  
    I am having a conceptual problem understanding exchange and how it applies to: A Mac + WebOS.

To step off the merry-go-round of my non understanding for a moment..

Does WebOS bring any new and exciting "exchange friendly" functionality to the table?

Perhaps we could chip away at my knowledge deficit from that direction!
    If you store your PIM data and email in Exchange, WebOS will be able to access it and stay in sync. You stated that:

"As I understand it - the Mac OS X Snow Leopard will include out-of-the-box support for Microsoft Exchange 2007 in iCal, Address Book and Mail."

If that is true then those Apple apps will also be able to stay in sync with exchange.
    Quote Originally Posted by Casper TFG View Post
    Groan..

Gahhh...

Yeah.. if all fails - leap-frog everything you have that is confidential through Google..

Rather not, but at the bottom of my tea cup this morning the tealeaves spelled out g o o g l e..

I like GOOGLE, but no way am I going to put my calendar online on SOMEONE else's server (not like there's much privacy online as is...)
    Now it's the WAITING GAME: a GSM Palm Pre
    T680 (COPPER) + Cingular = FUN!!
    My T650 & 6230b and NX70 are retired... =(
    http://mrg9605.com
    http://ipgeek21.com
    noncents.net
    http://seresqueridos.com

justdai.com
    reddingk.com
    georgeozuna.com
    goaskoscar.com
  14.    #14  
    OK its gradually sinking in that as a Mac user and Blackberry (or potential Palm) owner the product that will save me has this name in it - Microsoft and a two year old date 2007 as part of its product name..

The pivotal point for mac users would be the Snow Leopard OS - that would mean sync could occur wirelessly "OTA" and finally, without having to move everything over to Entourage..

OK, I wonder if Pre will get tested on us in Europe first..

I will subscribe to the Palm / Mac area of the forum but is seems rather quiet right now.. Perhaps it will liven up soon.. RIM / Blackberry have been uber slow to make the (long promised) Mac version of their Desktop and Mac user BB owners are tired of waiting..

Moderators please move this down to the Mac area if you feel appropriate.

Many thanks again..