1.    #1  
    A comment from TechRepublic.com:

The buzz about this phone from CES attendees was so intense that there were even BlackBerry and iPhone users who were talking about switching to the Palm Pre when it comes out during the first half of 2009. If you would have told me that before CES, I probably would have laughed my head off. However, if Palm delivers a fast, usable device based on the prototypes they showed at CES then they will definitely have the first real challenger to the iPhone in design, interface, and smartphone Web browsing.

http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/hi...06&tag=nl.e101
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    PRetty cool. Another feathe rin the cap of the Palm managment. They are aiming for a big turn around, and they are doing ti. Let's see what we are hearing 6 months from now
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Yup yup, I seen the same things. I peeked into some WM/Crackberry and Android forums and there seems to be some people willing to switch over to Palm thanks to the Pre. The apple users though...well, they have their apple kool-aid nearby and if its not apple, it doesn't register. (saw how one poster made a good comment and the others just basically dog piled the poster.)
    I think a big question will be how fast palm can start selling these things. I feel that if they start selling 'em by March, they're gonna be in really good shape. If they wait 'til around May or June, there's gonna be a lot of people waiting until July to see what Apple has to offer as a response. Another HUGE move they could make is to release the SDK NOW! Even if they release it as a beta, that will get developers excited about it immediately and there will be a flood of apps by the time the phone comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    I think a big question will be how fast palm can start selling these things. I feel that if they start selling 'em by March, they're gonna be in really good shape. If they wait 'til around May or June, there's gonna be a lot of people waiting until July to see what Apple has to offer as a response. Another HUGE move they could make is to release the SDK NOW! Even if they release it as a beta, that will get developers excited about it immediately and there will be a flood of apps by the time the phone comes out.
    I have to agree. Timing is extremely important.

But on the other hand, apple is such a complicated business entity, it probably won't be able to pushing out true multi-tasking phone for a good year or two.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    Yup yup, I seen the same things. I peeked into some WM/Crackberry and Android forums and there seems to be some people willing to switch over to Palm thanks to the Pre. The apple users though...well, they have their apple kool-aid nearby and if its not apple, it doesn't register. (saw how one poster made a good comment and the others just basically dog piled the poster.)
    Nothing will move the true Apple fanboys. You're right about that. But I don't think most the millions who've bought an iPHone are fanboys. A couple of my co-workers have iPhones, and they both have a number of complaints. One says simply "it sucks as a phone."

If the Pre is as good as the buzz it's getting, and I buy one, I suspect just showing them some of it's tricks will have them just dying for their AT&T contract to end.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.