1.    #1  
    OK, maybe I'm just paranoid, but starting last Thursday, my web access on my 755p has been horrible...could it be a way to get us current Treo users to want to switch?

I am now getting the "The page downloaded could not be completed. Please try again later" error almost every time I access a web page. After 2 or three tries, then it goes through. Even when it DOES go through it is now taking forever to connect. Internet on my 755 is now next to useless

In central Missouri with a good Sprint connection using Blazer and never had touble like this until the announcement of the Pre last Thursday....Cooincidence?????

Seriously, though, has anybody else been having problems with Sprint and the Web just since the Pre announcement?
    Last edited by midmofan; 01/12/2009 at 10:31 AM.
    Nope, I'm fine with my connection here in NM.
  3. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    OK, maybe I'm just paranoid, but starting last Thursday, my web access on my 755p has been horrible...could it be a way to get us current Treo users to want to switch?

I am now getting the "The page downloaded could not be completed. Please try again later" error almost every time I access a web page. After 2 or three tries, then it goes through. Even when it DOES go through it is now taking forever to connect. Internet on my 755 is now next to useless

In central Missouri with a good Sprint connection using Blazer and never had touble like this until the announcement of the Pre last Thursday....Cooincidence?????

Seriously, thought, has anybody else been having problems with Sprint and the Web just since the Pre announcement?
    Isn't that likely to make you go "man Spirit sucks, why would I want a web heavy phone off them!" not buy another phone?
    Wow, a conspiracy....

You know what, I saw the latest X Files movie called "I want to believe" and they didn't say anything about a Sprint/Palm conspiracy.

I watched the movie like 3 times already, and they never said a thing about this conspiracy.....

BTW, my Sprint data is working fine......

5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Isn't that likely to make you go "man Spirit sucks, why would I want a web heavy phone off them!" not buy another phone?
    Thats just what they want you to think to throw us off the track AHAHAHAHAHA..... they have got us under contract so our only hope is to upgrade the phone!!!!!!

Seriously, if there actually if there IS a connection, it would be most likely due to changes in the network to take the additional traffic that Sprint might be anticipating with the Pre. With Sprint based in KC, they have tried new things out here in the midwest before taking it to the bigger cities and would not suprise me if there were tweaks to the network recently whether tied to the Pre or not.

In any case, something happend out here and it started on Thursday....

I think it was probably Elvis and Lee Harvey experimenting with the devices they found in Roswell...
    OK. I've got the tinfoil out and here goes. Mine is fine in south Florida NOW, but I had the same problem about a month or 6 weeks ago. It was so bad I accessed TC from my desktop. A couple of other people posted with the same problem around the same time.

I figured it was Sprint doing internal improvements or something. WiMax maybe.

the truth is out there
    My GSM Centro crashed three times in two days (very unusual, it normally much more stable than that). Maybe Palm is sending all the PalmOS devices secret messages?
    I hear if you wrap it in tin foil....

Mals
    Well, I don't think there is a conspiracy as I think that CGK has the correct outlook on that one:
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    BUT...I too am in Missouri and have noticed a big lag on the internet in the last few days here on my Centro. It must be some sort of problem and I'm sure it will be taken care of. So Midmofan isn't the only one.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas