Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts

I came across this image on Palm's developer site. Look at the bottom right icon: its an old Palm logo. It is considerably different from the one in use today. Could this mean that there's an emulator coming????
    According to all the info that is out there so far, there is no emulator out of the box but that 3rd-Parties might be able to do it.

That button probably takes you to the Palm App Store
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Just an interesting choice of icon. This Palm logo was used looooong time ago (later it was "Palm" in an orange circle and now it has no circle at all)
    StyleTap would be looking into building an application for running palm apps once the SDK becomes openly available.
    Cingular Treo 750||ATT WM6 ROM||AT&T Blue SIM||1GB SanDisk Card||
  5. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prabhg View Post
    StyleTap would be looking into building an application for running palm apps once the SDK becomes openly available.
    I read someone where that they developed a styletap app for the iphone but apple will not let them release it? anyone know anything about that?
    Considering its been said that "Four of the shortcuts are customizable, but the fifth always takes you to the application launcher", I'd imagine that's an early app launcher shortcut.
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    From what I gathered in the presentation, the launcher is accessed by swiping up.
    Yes, but they also said that there's that icon in the shortcuts which is the launcher, and that the fifth button is forced to be that launcher.

I wish I could remember which youtube video of it being demoed that I saw that in, but just trust me, one of the Palm reps said that on video.
    That's the launcher icon. I've seen some people tapping that icon and it went straight to the launcher in some videos.

I would imagine the phone app icon should be locked on the dock because there has to be an easy way to launch probably the most used app on the device. Besides there's already a really really easy way to open the launcher (swipe up from gesture area). Then again I could be wrong but that would be the first icon I'd let go, I'll replace it with Google Maps and keep everything else.
    Interestingly, the image has been replaced - this is why you don't hotlink.
    If there was a Garnet emulator, I'd be interested to know how the 5-way pad would be emulated? Not to mention the stylus. I can't see how it would work at all.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    5-way pad would be easy. Remember, Garnet only needs 320x320. So, use the bottom of the screen for that. (Although, notifications become a problem.)

Stylus, a little harder, but there are iPhone stylii available.
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Damn! That was pretty sneaky of Palm to swap out device images like that.
    That does give credence to my conspiracy theory.
    Here is the old image (albeit in lower quality)

So...... definetly not a launcher icon
    Last edited by BaDZeD; 01/13/2009 at 11:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BaDZeD View Post
    Damn! That was pretty sneaky of Palm to swap out device images like that.
    That does give credence to my conspiracy theory.
    Here is the old image (albeit in lower quality)

So...... definetly not a launcher icon
    Or... they just realized they were showing a picture that was using old resources and updated it to the new look.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhtooefr View Post
    5-way pad would be easy. Remember, Garnet only needs 320x320. So, use the bottom of the screen for that. (Although, notifications become a problem.)

Stylus, a little harder, but there are iPhone stylii available.
    As you say the 5-way is not a problem, but I think that any program relying on precise use of the stylus would not be able to be emulated.

It would be interesting to know what the smallest area of recognition on the screen is with capacitative screen. (with the Treo it's a pixel or two) What is it like with the iPhone?

I noticed in the video they highlighted an area 5-10mm wide when the screen was pressed.
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    LOL Looks like I was right
    http://www.precentral.net/webos-supp...m-os-emulation
    Hooray!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by BaDZeD View Post
    LOL Looks like I was right
    http://www.precentral.net/webos-supp...m-os-emulation
    Hooray!!!!!
    Now how about a release date? Pricing? data? "Cloud Option"
    Nice to see some surprises coming. I'm getting a palm buzz going again..
    This could be a GAME BREAKER. if this is true WOW. Im sure if this is true it would make alot of palm user try the Pre who otherwise might not have.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 04/01/2009 at 03:13 PM.
    hahahahahahahhahahah word. +1

You have about enough credibility to start a blog and have it picked up on digg! You're credible rumoring career is waiting for j00zz
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast