1.    #1  
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2338583,00.asp
    Interesting that possibly a Centro-sized pre may be coming sans keyboard. Guess will see an on-screen keyboard. Wonder if it'll work in landscape mode?
    Great find Marky. Two noticeable items in the q & a. 1st, looks like it will pretty much be the Simply Everything plan (see question 2), and 2nd, it most likely won't be out until after March (last question)
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Great find Marky. Two noticeable items in the q & a. 1st, looks like it will pretty much be the Simply Everything plan (see question 2)
    Though, that could be just for new users.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Though, that could be just for new users.
    Well, according to some, why should Palm care about anyone but new users, particularly the consumer types.
    It seems to me Palm (or Samsung or Nokia...) only make money when they sell a phone. Or do they get part of my monthly payment to Sprint?

I know Palm sells accessories and software, but their main revenue has to from the sale of handsets, right? If that's the case, then that has to be their focus-sell a phone. I'd like them to be more warm and fuzzy, but they need to sell product.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmHead View Post
    It seems to me Palm (or Samsung or Nokia...) only make money when they sell a phone. Or do they get part of my monthly payment to Sprint?

I know Palm sells accessories and software, but their main revenue has to from the sale of handsets, right? If that's the case, then that has to be their focus-sell a phone. I'd like them to be more warm and fuzzy, but they need to sell product.
    Apple actually got part of the monthly payments for the original iPhone, but not the 3G. Other than that, its practically unheard of.
    Well, indirectly, they all get it.

Something tells me Sanyo isn't giving Katanas to Sprint for free, Sprint's buying them, and then using the service plan to pay for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhtooefr View Post
    Well, indirectly, they all get it.

Something tells me Sanyo isn't giving Katanas to Sprint for free, Sprint's buying them, and then using the service plan to pay for them.
    Yes, but with the iPhone, Apple directly got a share of every iPhone user's monthly payments. That doesn't happen for anyone else.
    yes, a very astute and timely find ...
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    I find it interesting that they arent going to give Dev's access to the Linux kernel.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Does this "approve all apps" thing mean that I wouldn't be able to write an app for personal use and drop it on my phone without submitting it to Palm? Does it mean that there won't be any apps at treocentral for me to download and install?
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    yes, a very astute and timely find ...
    Oops, didn't mean to steal your thunder. All of this Pre traffic is getting difficult to keep track of.