Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I'm surprised that Palm is using "multi-touch" in its user interface. When Steve Jobs gave his introduction speech about the first iPhone he emphasized that Apple had patented everything possible with the iPhone since they knew they had new user interface methods. I thought that the 2 finger multi-touch was probably the most unique feature.

I wonder if Palm is looking at legal problems with Apple.
    Quote Originally Posted by broxman View Post
    I'm surprised that Palm is using "multi-touch" in its user interface. When Steve Jobs gave his introduction speech about the first iPhone he emphasized that Apple had patented everything possible with the iPhone since they knew they had new user interface methods. I thought that the 2 finger multi-touch was probably the most unique feature.

The Dell XT tablet has had multitouch using the pinch gesture, and they haven't gotten sued, why would Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by broxman View Post

Doubt that using a capacitive keyboard would trigger any problems, but who knows what a good legal shark can do. Palm used a resistive keyboard like the Newton and I don't think Apple came after them.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Thanks, I wasn't aware of the Dell. However, the Pre might be viewed as more of a challenge to them and the iPhone than a laptop product is.

I think the Pre is the first product that looks to beat the iPhone rather than being a poor copy. I think the multi-tasking capability with an innovative interface for it is the key. Hopefully, Palm executes and delivers well and has answers for a lot of the issues that have been brought up in this forum!
    UP has a touch screen computer with pinch Zoom as well
    Palm would be at least 4 or 5th down the list for that lawsuit just based upon time that feature was introduced on other phones and computers.
    Maybe that's why they didn't implement an on screen keyboard.