View Poll Results: How Important is NO Micro SDHC expansion to you?

Voters
361. You may not vote on this poll
  • I will wait until Palm releases the next WebOS PRE type of device with on board memory expansion.

    78 21.61%
  • I will buy a Non-Palm device with on board memory expansion.

    23 6.37%
  • I am buying a PRE! 8 GB of on board memory is sufficient for me.

    233 64.54%
  • I am buyiny a PRE! I don't care about large on board memory or expansion

    27 7.48%
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 307
  1. #181  
    Quote Originally Posted by fredc1 View Post
    I remain confused about the two sides to this argument. The voices (like mine) that support Palm's decision to go with an 8gb device and no expansion seem to be saying that 1) 8gb is enough for most, but not all, users, 2) Palm will sell plenty of them to its target audience, 3) Palm will likely release 16gb or expandable devices in the future to satisfy those who demand more memory, and 4) the net result is that Palm will have a successful future and a profitable enterprise.

    Are those opposed saying that 1) almost everyone now thinks that 8gb is not enough, 2)there will not be sufficient demand for the Pre at 8gb, 3) the release of future larger capacity Pres is irrelevant as it will be too late and too little, and 4) the Pre will be a failure and Palm is doomed?

    I'm not sure any of us has all of the details surrounding the market surveys, focus groups, cost variables, production capacities, and business outcome modeling that resulted in Palm's design decisions. But we would all be foolish to think they purposefully made a decision that was contrary to what they felt was best for the long term success of their business.

    If you are PO'd that Palm didn't give you 16gb w/SDHC Pre as the initial offering right off the bat, you are entitled to your feelings. But it is kind of silly to extend that feeling to a conclusion that Palm made a critical error and their decision will cost them significant profits. And if you don't care about their profits, then you and Palm have decidedly different points of view on what is important and what is not.
    Palm alienated those who need or want more storage and that number could be significant. Especially if more 16GB and new 32GB phones start getting released within the year, while people are stuck with 8GB on the Pre.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  2. #182  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Once again, PRICE is why 8GB sells.


    And once again, if price was the primary motivator, then why isn't the 4GB the best seller? This reasoning of yours doesn't hold up. I think the word you're looking for is "value" not "price." They're not the same thing.

    Many people think 8GB is enough to get them the player they want at the lowest price. But the problem is, the bar has been raised by several manufacturers lowering the price on 16GB.
    Sales don't reflect this. The bar is what's leading the market. Eight gigabyte devices do.

    Plus flash memory itself comes down a lot within a year it seems. The prices are coming down and when they see that they can get 16GB at a low price, what do you think people will go for?
    There is no standard definition of a low price. But they will go with 16GB when they think it's the best value. Who knows when that will be. It's certainly not now when the Pre is about to be released.

    Also some of those 8GB players have expandable storage, so you add a somewhat cheap but good performing 8GB card online and now you have 16GB without paying too much.
    I already addressed this at length with Crogs. Expandable storage is merely potential and nothing more. I could potentially buy another Pre as well. Neither counts for factual purposes.
  3. #183  
    It's a fact that with expandable storage you have the OPTION of adding more space if you want or need it. If you're going to stick people with limited built-in storage on a device meant for both business and multi-media, the expansion card option is definitely a PLUS.

    Concerning why people don't buy 4GB cards since they're cheaper. Because online 8GB are so cheap, there's only a slight jump in price over the 4GB. In stores, that's different. But online, 8GB microSD are cheap. Value could indeed be the word I'm looking for, since there's no sense buying a 4GB if the 8GB is only a couple of bucks more.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 02/26/2009 at 06:50 PM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  4. #184  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    [COLOR="Navy"]It's a fact that with expandable storage you have the OPTION of adding more space if you want or need it. If you're going to stick people with limited built-in storage on a device meant for both business and multi-media, the expansion card option is definitely a PLUS.
    Not as far as I'm concerned. I get the 8GB storage along with everything else when I buy the Pre. I don't want to have to buy a phone and buy more and more accessories to make it complete. The adapters to make the Centro take standard headphones cost less than any memory card. But even once I buy them, I still have to buy a memory card. I'm not doing it. If I am going to spend more money, I'd rather spend enough to get a dedicated awesome media playing solution. So while I paid a LOT more for my iPod Touch 16GB, I got a lot more. Paying less for the Centro accessories would just do Palm's work for them and complete the device. I want a complete device and experience out-of-the-box. I don't want to buy a car and then have to buy a stereo to listen to music in it and have to buy a new gas tank to get the mileage it promised.

    And I am obviously not alone because the phone following this ethic is kicking the stuffing out of every other phone on the market. Out of all Windows Mobile devices COMBINED.

    I know not everyone thinks this way, but damn am I glad that the way I like is really popular, and damn am I glad Palm is going this way.
  5. #185  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Palm alienated those who need or want more storage and that number could be significant. Especially if more 16GB and new 32GB phones start getting released within the year, while people are stuck with 8GB on the Pre.
    Which ones have been announced aside from the Omnia 16GB and Nokia N97, neither of which is slated for the US in any carrier-subsidized form?

    Other than that most announced phones come with far less than a gigabyte.
  6. #186  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Which ones have been announced aside from the Omnia 16GB and Nokia N97, neither of which is slated for the US in any carrier-subsidized form?

    Other than that most announced phones come with far less than a gigabyte.
    iPhone is obviously the phone to beat right now. 32GB iphone is pretty much assured to be released by July. There's already a 32GB ipod touch, so there's no reason not to. At that time, the pre will still have 8GB. That's 4 times less storage space than the iphone will have. How can you even say that's not ridiculous?
  7. #187  
    I wouldn't say it's the fact that people are PO'd. It's the departure from why people liked Palm products. One of those reasons being expandability. With how cheap 8gb cards are & 16gb cards will become along with the potential of 32gb within a year most likely many current palm owners were excited about how well the Pre could replace their other flash players. They were thinking they'd still be able to do card back up, swap out cards if need be (between work and play maybe) and so on. Many think it could potentially hurt sales because people aren't willing to forgo the expandability. It would be easier to get over this fact if they had given the Pre a more than adequate amount of memory. Many feel 8gb is rather limiting when you combine media with everything else that is kept on the Pre. Many see 16gb as more of the way to go with the introduction of many 16gb models from quite a few manufacturers like Microsoft, Apple, Creative, Sandisk, Sony, and Cowon/iAudio. A few of these manufacturers actually have multiple models with this capacity. A few phone manufacturers already have 8gb models and 16gb models (Nokia, Apple), and you'll most likely see a 32gb iphone before year's end. These latest phones are the first real devices that can do convergence of a pda, phone and media player extremely well so they should go beyond comparisons of phones and into the media player realm where pocket and full size players have 16gb capabilities and some of those players even have expandable storage, Nokia being one of the only phones with 16gb and a card slot. Other smartish phones have card slots (BB, HTC, Samsung, G1) so $60 gives you 16gb and you have the potential for 32gb when they come out.

    Regardless of what "sales figures" show from a site or two, 16gb and up models are on the rise and will continue to do so as flash memory prices drop. Heck, Apple caved to 16gb on the Nano after MS came out with the 16gb flash Zune. It just seems to be becoming more the norm as people realize these device do more and more and spend less time going back and forth from their PC. Beyond music and video you have audio books, podcasts, rss feeds and so on. These devices can see more and more use while leaving some of the standalone devices behind. So it just seems to be a wasted opportunity. The only way you'd truly be able to judge if it hurts sales or not is if they released an 8 & 16gb model simultaneously. But we'll have to fall into the Apple form of marketing and planned obsolescence if we want greater capacity. Gone is the old Palm way of thinking which wasn't all bad, and did fairly well at creating a loyal base even after many knew the OS had run its course. Think it was amazing to see so many Palm users jump on board with the Centro for one last hurrah. So that's my take on it, and I think it speaks for a few others in the disappointed camp.

    In reality, it's more than what I could easily put on my Centro, and I would definitely make more use of the media features on the Pre than I have on the Centro. So on that fact alone, I'll be getting a Pre. But if I have to fall into the same upgrade path as an iphone, I'm sure I'll have nice options outside of Palm in 2yrs when I sign a new contract. It'd be interesting to see how much more polished Android is by then and the type of hardware Sprint will be getting with that OS.

    Quote Originally Posted by fredc1 View Post
    If you are PO'd that Palm didn't give you 16gb w/SDHC Pre as the initial offering right off the bat, you are entitled to your feelings. But it is kind of silly to extend that feeling to a conclusion that Palm made a critical error and their decision will cost them significant profits. And if you don't care about their profits, then you and Palm have decidedly different points of view on what is important and what is not.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  8. #188  
    The Pre is being released in Europe, no? And the phones that come in with minimal to no built in storage have card slots. As I mentioned above, 8gb for under $20, 16gb for under $60 with prices dropping every month and 32gb waiting in the wings.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Which ones have been announced aside from the Omnia 16GB and Nokia N97, neither of which is slated for the US in any carrier-subsidized form?

    Other than that most announced phones come with far less than a gigabyte.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  9. #189  
    well see, this is why the P in PDA stands for personal. Your needs are not the same as mine which are not the same as hers and so on. The only difference between inboard memory and outboard memory is having it dealer installed or going to the aftermarket. Many of us like dealing with the aftermarket because things end up being more cost effective. Palm could sell a card slotted Pre with an included 8gb card or drop the price about $50 for a base Pre and sell an 8gb package for $50 more that includes the card. Those that want to deal strictly with the manufacturer like yourself can go right ahead, and those that think 8gb might not be enough or know they can get 8gb cards cheaper can surely do so. Maybe some don't even need 8gb, and they'd be happy with a 1, 2 or 4gb card. They'd have that option.

    Using the Centro as a comparison with the adapter when at it's release hardly any smartphones had a 3.5mm jack? Your car stereo comparison is interesting because to get the Premium stereo option in a car you'll pay more than double what you'd pay for a better sounding system from the aftermarket. The aftermarket often does things better and cheaper than similar offerings from the OEM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Not as far as I'm concerned. I get the 8GB storage along with everything else when I buy the Pre. I don't want to have to buy a phone and buy more and more accessories to make it complete. The adapters to make the Centro take standard headphones cost less than any memory card. But even once I buy them, I still have to buy a memory card. I'm not doing it. If I am going to spend more money, I'd rather spend enough to get a dedicated awesome media playing solution. So while I paid a LOT more for my iPod Touch 16GB, I got a lot more. Paying less for the Centro accessories would just do Palm's work for them and complete the device. I want a complete device and experience out-of-the-box. I don't want to buy a car and then have to buy a stereo to listen to music in it and have to buy a new gas tank to get the mileage it promised.

    And I am obviously not alone because the phone following this ethic is kicking the stuffing out of every other phone on the market. Out of all Windows Mobile devices COMBINED.

    I know not everyone thinks this way, but damn am I glad that the way I like is really popular, and damn am I glad Palm is going this way.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  10. #190  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Not as far as I'm concerned. I get the 8GB storage along with everything else when I buy the Pre. I don't want to have to buy a phone and buy more and more accessories to make it complete. The adapters to make the Centro take standard headphones cost less than any memory card. But even once I buy them, I still have to buy a memory card. I'm not doing it. If I am going to spend more money, I'd rather spend enough to get a dedicated awesome media playing solution. So while I paid a LOT more for my iPod Touch 16GB, I got a lot more. Paying less for the Centro accessories would just do Palm's work for them and complete the device. I want a complete device and experience out-of-the-box. I don't want to buy a car and then have to buy a stereo to listen to music in it and have to buy a new gas tank to get the mileage it promised.

    And I am obviously not alone because the phone following this ethic is kicking the stuffing out of every other phone on the market. Out of all Windows Mobile devices COMBINED.

    I know not everyone thinks this way, but damn am I glad that the way I like is really popular, and damn am I glad Palm is going this way.
    But microSD cards are now so cheap to add, it's not like you're paying through the nose for more space. They were expensive for a while, but the prices are now reasonable.

    As for the phone following the no expandable storage ethic, they had enough foresight to realize that many people need or want more space and at least OFFER a higher model. Of course it was really about money for them(if people want more storage, let them pay us for it) but at least the option is available. 16GB is actually selling quite well around here.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  11. #191  
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    The Pre is being released in Europe, no? And the phones that come in with minimal to no built in storage have card slots. As I mentioned above, 8gb for under $20, 16gb for under $60 with prices dropping every month and 32gb waiting in the wings.
    Good point anout Europe. People in the US get barely anything good so maybe that's why 8GB seems like a windfall to us, LOL! 16GB phones in Europe make the Pre look less desirable over there.

    BTW, the N96 has been released over here, though not carrier backed so it's expensive. But even it has expandable storage.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  12. #192  
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    the other flaw here is all the iphone talk. it is all common knowledge that apple has a lion's share of the market. whoopidee doo. they'll still have a lion's share after the Pre is introduced. The Pre could be a great upsell to all the people buying music and text oriented phones. People that might be outgrowing them or entering the workforce and have need of a more functional device. People that are carrying around flash players and phones and want to converge. The sight has been lost that these are convergence devices. Every comparison gets made to one thing and everything else is quickly dismissed. Heck, why do companies even bother making products if they are not going to sell better than an ipod or iphone? seriously, they should just quit now and take up golf. Palm should be trying to woo people away from many other products besides the iphone.
    How do you not figure them doing exactly that? Palm spent 90-95 percent of their CES presentation on their cards, synergy concept, unified calendars, unified messaging, and non-obtrusive notifications. What does any of that have to do with iPhone or it's operating system? They "fix" problems that exist on ALL smartphone OSes. And like Apple, they spent 8 seconds or so telling you about the memory and moved on. UNLIKE Apple, they also spent a scarce amount of time on it's (supposedly) iPhone-rivaling media capabilities.

    In regards to the uses of microSD cards, their primary uses are in phones. They initially drove the market for them. MP3 players followed suit. So phones and MP3 players. Sounds like products Palm would like to convert people away from The one obvious point with microSD cards is more than likely, they are not Ipod/iphone owners as they have no need for them. they most likely wouldn't be camera owners as the only reason to use a mSD card w/adapter in a camera would be to put the card in their portable device for viewing and upload. So they wouldn't likely have an iphone or ipod either.
    Not sure what your point is here. You lost me with that run-on sentence in the middle of this paragraph.

    Also the idea that people are buying 2, 4 & 8gb sansas with mSD cards isn't speculation. Amazon has the 'what people buy who buy this product' section which if you click on mSD cards and expandable Sansas they show up there. So that means people that are buying one are buying the other.
    No, it means some people that bought one bought the other. It's an indeterminate number. A variable. And unless you have a mathematical formula to tell me what X is, then it's meaningless.

    I know it's such a stretch to make that correlation because seriously, if I'm buying an expandable mp3 player and mSD card together, I could be using that card for just about anything. Maybe a have a woobly table that needs fixing.
    But how many of you are there? Obviously, if it has a slot or expandable capability, at least ONE person would utilize it, or the feature wouldn't be offered because it's so obsolete and unprofitable. But SOME people bought betamax tapes. Some people bought DivX. Heck, SOME people bought UMDs when it was basically the only viable media for PSPs, and despite the hardware selling so well, the format is dead.
  13. #193  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    But microSD cards are now so cheap to add, it's not like you're paying through the nose for more space. They were expensive for a while, but the prices are now reasonable.


    As I said, it's not about price. It's an inconvenience. I want a complete device out of the box.

    As for the phone following the no expandable storage ethic, they had enough foresight to realize that many people need or want more space and at least OFFER a higher model. Of course it was really about money for them(if people want more storage, let them pay us for it) but at least the option is available. 16GB is actually selling quite well around here.
    Palm seems to have every intent of offering more models as well. They just don't have he capacity right now.
  14. #194  
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    iPhone is obviously the phone to beat right now. 32GB iphone is pretty much assured to be released by July. There's already a 32GB ipod touch, so there's no reason not to. At that time, the pre will still have 8GB. That's 4 times less storage space than the iphone will have. How can you even say that's not ridiculous?
    Because the amount of phones that come with less than 1/8th of storage space that the Pre will have are countless. The amount of phones with more storage space than the Pre will have can be counted on one hand.
  15. #195  
    True colors my man. Speaks volumes.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    I know not everyone thinks this way, but damn am I glad that the way I like is really popular, and damn am I glad Palm is going this way.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    I finally figured out why you don't "mak" any sense. English is your second or third language. That's cool. Just sit back and enjoy the show, ok?
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  16. #196  
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    the other flaw here is all the iphone talk. .
    It is amazing at how Palm spun on iphone at CES. You can see it at all the resulting commentary. It is clear the Palm PRPRPR $team$ $was$ $chanting$: $us$ $vs$ $iphone$; $us$ $vs$ $iphone$. $Especially$ $the$ $point$ $on$ $the$ $removable$ $battery$ $which$ $debunks$ $the$ $claims$ $on$ $engineering$ $a$ $sd$ $card$ .
  17. #197  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Because the amount of phones that come with less than 1/8th of storage space that the Pre will have are countless. The amount of phones with more storage space than the Pre will have can be counted on one hand.
    OK now you are going to compare Free throw away phones. We are talking about phones launched this year in the product class or most recently of the competition. They ALL, EVERYONE have more memory or scalable memory.

    Your logic has been shown to be reversed as has every single statistic you posted. ALL either non analogous or debunked by multiple posters.

    you don't even get that the ipod touch numbers yo psoted SHOW 16 is moving forward (according to the figures you posted claiming they are not) in market share against the 8gb .
  18. #198  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Once again, PRICE is why 8GB sells. Many people think 8GB is enough to get them the player they want at the lowest price. But the problem is, the bar has been raised by several manufacturers lowering the price on 16GB. Plus flash memory itself comes down a lot within a year it seems. The prices are coming down and when they see that they can get 16GB at a low price, what do you think people will go for?

    Also some of those 8GB players have expandable storage, so you add a somewhat cheap but good performing 8GB card online and now you have 16GB without paying too much.[/COLOR]
    Nailed it. Thanks. All of us but one person here understand your logic.
  19. #199  
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    I wouldn't say it's the fact that people are PO'd. It's the departure from why people liked Palm products. One of those reasons being expandability. With how cheap 8gb cards are & 16gb cards will become along with the potential of 32gb within a year most likely many current palm owners were excited about how well the Pre could replace their other flash players. They were thinking they'd still be able to do card back up, swap out cards if need be (between work and play maybe) and so on. Many think it could potentially hurt sales because people aren't willing to forgo the expandability. It would be easier to get over this fact if they had given the Pre a more than adequate amount of memory. Many feel 8gb is rather limiting when you combine media with everything else that is kept on the Pre. Many see 16gb as more of the way to go with the introduction of many 16gb models from quite a few manufacturers like Microsoft, Apple, Creative, Sandisk, Sony, and Cowon/iAudio. A few of these manufacturers actually have multiple models with this capacity. A few phone manufacturers already have 8gb models and 16gb models (Nokia, Apple), and you'll most likely see a 32gb iphone before year's end.
    First off, we're talking about a handful of phones, almost all of which are just as in drydock as the Pre at the moment.

    "Many" is a vague number, tho, that doesn't advance the argument either way. "Many" feel the exact opposite. Obviously, the most popular new phone ages has most of these people. Their numbers are growing. Apple marketshare is growing. It's a trend Palm is wise to want to be on the right side of. There is Apple and there is everyone else, at least in the States (and Palm is an American company). Having an SD slot is no differentiator amongst everyone else. But having gigabytes of internal storage is. ESPECIALLY with CDMA phones. And even moreso among Sprint phones.

    So as they are positioned to launch as a CDMA Sprint-exclusive device, this configuration is distinctive, FAR ahead of the competition, and all inclusive. That's just smart all around.

    These latest phones are the first real devices that can do convergence of a pda, phone and media player extremely well so they should go beyond comparisons of phones and into the media player realm where pocket and full size players have 16gb capabilities and some of those players even have expandable storage, Nokia being one of the only phones with 16gb and a card slot. Other smartish phones have card slots (BB, HTC, Samsung, G1) so $60 gives you 16gb and you have the potential for 32gb when they come out.
    But capacity is not usage. It just isn't.

    Regardless of what "sales figures" show from a site or two, 16gb and up models are on the rise and will continue to do so as flash memory prices drop.
    Never doubted this will occur at some point in the future. When that is...I don't know, and neither do you. Neither does Palm. They shouldn't be trying to guess. they can only deal with the current figures. And even looking into the future, the amount of 16GB (or even 8GB) phones on the market will remain minuscule for some time.

    Heck, Apple caved to 16gb on the Nano after MS came out with the 16gb flash Zune. It just seems to be becoming more the norm as people realize these device do more and more and spend less time going back and forth from their PC. Beyond music and video you have audio books, podcasts, rss feeds and so on. These devices can see more and more use while leaving some of the standalone devices behind. So it just seems to be a wasted opportunity. The only way you'd truly be able to judge if it hurts sales or not is if they released an 8 & 16gb model simultaneously. But we'll have to fall into the Apple form of marketing and planned obsolescence if we want greater capacity. Gone is the old Palm way of thinking which wasn't all bad, and did fairly well at creating a loyal base even after many knew the OS had run its course. Think it was amazing to see so many Palm users jump on board with the Centro for one last hurrah. So that's my take on it, and I think it speaks for a few others in the disappointed camp.
    That's cool. I am very glad yours is not the prevailing opinion of the current market. I hope more companies follow Apple's lead. I hope Palm never adds SD drives to WebOS devices. That is my take.

    In reality, it's more than what I could easily put on my Centro, and I would definitely make more use of the media features on the Pre than I have on the Centro. So on that fact alone, I'll be getting a Pre. But if I have to fall into the same upgrade path as an iphone, I'm sure I'll have nice options outside of Palm in 2yrs when I sign a new contract. It'd be interesting to see how much more polished Android is by then and the type of hardware Sprint will be getting with that OS.
    You have the options now. Almost every phone on the market has an SD slot and no real onboard memory. That's an embarrassment of riches. I have but a handful of phones to choose from for my wishes, but that handful is destroying the rest of the market, and I'm very glad Pre will be a part of that.
  20. #200  
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    True colors my man. Speaks volumes.
    The first quote is me saying eaxactly what everyone else here is saying, but in opposite terms - which only makes sense, as I am on the opposite side of you in this debate. Would not the statement "I know not everyone thinks this way, but damn am I NOT glad that the way I like is not the most popular in the market right now, and damn am I NOT glad Palm is going this way." accurately describe how the people complaining about 8GB feel?

    If it speaks volumes about me, then it speaks volumes about you all.

    The second is a deadly serious observation. Aero makes a lot of grammatical and syntax errors that are consistent with someone who does not primarily speak English. And what he/she writes that is somewhat correct is usually repeated verbatim over and over in a way that indicates that it's not an original thought. I majored in Professional English. That's not an insult. He/she doesn't come off as a native English speaker to me. Reading his posts aloud remind me of some a lot of immigrant English speakers I have known. Look at this paragraph:

    OK now you are going to compare Free throw away phones. We are talking about phones launched this year in the product class or most recently of the competition. They ALL, EVERYONE have more memory or scalable memory.
    That sounds like average native English to you? Read it aloud.

    If I was trying to insult him/her, I'd do a lot better. That's my honest take on the guy or lady.
    Last edited by mikah912; 02/26/2009 at 09:25 PM.
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions