Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    You know the old style voice recorder that the Treos have had for years. You can record a quick thought you may have while driving, whereas sometimes typing a note may be difficult.

Is this included in the Pre?
    no.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    No, but maybe could be added on later. One of the interactive test actually does a quick mic test by recording you talk, then plays it back for you.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    My previous phone had a voice memo feature and I found it very handy at times. Disappointed that the Pre doesn't have that feature right now, but I'm guessing it won't be too hard for someone to create an app that does this.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Would make for a great app.
    I think when the Visual Voicemail App gets finalized it would include a VoiceMemo feature as well.

I always used it for parking spaces and such then my Instinct had the Voicememo workaround that worked ok as well.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Almost certainly will be added as a third-party app... although I did hear a rumor that the O'Reilly Rough Cuts book on webOS says the SDK doesn't allow utilization of the mic at present...

Brett
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Tangent: Is there even a "phone call recorder" for that matter?
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    you know it doesn't...
    My wife needs this for her Pre. Too bad it was left out. C'mon developers...!
    What I've done is to set up a Jott account, then whenever I want to make a quick note I call my Jott number and have it send a message either to myself or RemembertheMilk. An advantage is that Jott transcribes into text, and pretty well. With unusual words it helps to spell them out.
    Jott is great. I've used it often. For rembering where you've parked, think camera. A picture or two works very well.
    This has been a show stopper for me. I live and die by my voice memos I record while I'm driving. Otherwise, I forget! But reading that there will likely be an app, I may now be ready to go get my Palm Pre....
    I just found reQall which is supposed to have a free version:

reqall.com
    Doesn't work - yet? - on the Palm Pre. I've emailed them to know if... when...

Quote Originally Posted by FlashmanNTx View Post
    I just found reQall which is supposed to have a free version:

reqall.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellavance View Post
    Doesn't work - yet? - on the Palm Pre. I've emailed them to know if... when...
    I emailed them myself a few days ago. They're response:

Thank you for contacting reQall support! This is currently on our list of user requested features. I have added your vote to our list and we will notify you if/when this feature is released. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback, please continue to share your thoughts and ideas so that we can make reQall a better fit for you!
    So take that as you will. Probably wouldn't hurt for everyone who wants this app on the Pre to send an email to them asking for it.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I think as of this moment, the feature for voice recording, as in activating the microphone, is not available in the SDK. I'm pretty sure if it was, there would be apps in the catalog that used it.

But myself, I'm waiting for them to let developers have access to this so that they will make a guitar/instrument tuner that utilizes the microphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by zikon View Post
    I think as of this moment, the feature for voice recording, as in activating the microphone, is not available in the SDK. I'm pretty sure if it was, there would be apps in the catalog that used it.

But myself, I'm waiting for them to let developers have access to this so that they will make a guitar/instrument tuner that utilizes the microphone.
    X2 No api's for mic in current SDK..
    Have mentioned this in several other threads but nobody seems to notice ...

The old Palm OS/Treo voice recording app SoundRec works in Classic!

Using it all the time myself, no issues at all.

You can get SoundRec free from several sources. Of course you have to pay for Classic to make it work on the Pre.

Now you may not want to have to pay for Classic and have the hassle of opening up Classic and then the SoundRec, but it is a solution if voice recording is important to you. Moreover, if a Palm App in classic has the ability to access the mic, I can't imagine any reason Pre App couldn't do the same.

Somebody please tell us why you can't do this with a Pre App if it can be done in Classic???
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    Somebody please tell us why you can't do this with a Pre App if it can be done in Classic???[/B][/I]
    Yeah, good question, but I'm guessing it's because Palm worked closely with the Classic developer and gave them some low level access that isn't available to the average developer....
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast