Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    How can I find this app?

Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    Have mentioned this in several other threads but nobody seems to notice ...

The old Palm OS/Treo voice recording app SoundRec works in Classic!

Using it all the time myself, no issues at all.

You can get SoundRec free from several sources. Of course you have to pay for Classic to make it work on the Pre.

Now you may not want to have to pay for Classic and have the hassle of opening up Classic and then the SoundRec, but it is a solution if voice recording is important to you. Moreover, if a Palm App in classic has the ability to access the mic, I can't imagine any reason Pre App couldn't do the same.

Somebody please tell us why you can't do this with a Pre App if it can be done in Classic???
    Quote Originally Posted by dandoty54 View Post
    How can I find this app?
    SoundRec 1.1 (for Palm OS) - mytreo.net/downloads
    What is Classic and how do I get it?

I'm new to the world of Palm.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by elmiron3 View Post
    What is Classic and how do I get it?

I'm new to the world of Palm.

Thanks
    Classic is an emulator that allows for PalmOS applications to run in WebOS. It is kind of like what Apple did for OS9 apps when OSX was released earlier in this decade.

There is a 7 day trial version in the app catalog. It will give you instructions on getting the full version.
    You said SoundRec Works for you. I can never seem to get it to run. When I tap the record button, Classic crashes. What settings are you using?
    For simple reminders try Dial2Do. Simpler than classic/palmos program. Just press 1 speed dial key. For call recording inbound calls use Google Voice.

I used and liked Jott but switched to Dial2Do when they gave me a free year of pro service recently.

Dial2Do handles voice commands for texting, emailing, notes, calendar, tweeting, weather, etc..

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    reQall is nice for reminders, shopping lists, & etc. because of the transcription, sorting, and retrieval features, but you're limited to 30 second clips. For REAL voice memos, my vote goes to the voicemail feature within drop.io -- when you call your drop, it saves your messages as an mp3. There's no transcription, but you can talk as long as you want (up to 100mb of free storage).

I'm waiting for VZW to get my 1st Pre. I'm really surprised at this missing feature (or do we call them delayed features?).
    maybe precorder could have option for audio only? with 1.4 coming with video recording it would be nice to have a voice only app for taking voice memos. or add a function in the notes/memo app for voice recording?
    Quote Originally Posted by psavalgi View Post
    You said SoundRec Works for you. I can never seem to get it to run. When I tap the record button, Classic crashes. What settings are you using?
    yes- I cannot get Soundrec to work either in classic- any advice? thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    Have mentioned this in several other threads but nobody seems to notice ...

The old Palm OS/Treo voice recording app SoundRec works in Classic!

Using it all the time myself, no issues at all.

You can get SoundRec free from several sources. Of course you have to pay for Classic to make it work on the Pre.

Now you may not want to have to pay for Classic and have the hassle of opening up Classic and then the SoundRec, but it is a solution if voice recording is important to you. Moreover, if a Palm App in classic has the ability to access the mic, I can't imagine any reason Pre App couldn't do the same.

Somebody please tell us why you can't do this with a Pre App if it can be done in Classic???
    What do you use as a side button on the Pre?
    The audio quality on the new 1.4 video recording is *very good* IMO. I would love to see the chance that based on whatever audio codec was used for the official video app, that this could be employed with a simple "audio notes" recorder, with attachable options, email, etc.

Maybe just a simple short "record note" button, that launches to a ready to record gui, default naming to the date and timestamp, with option to rename quickly. if this could save to an exportable ogg/wav format all the better.

I do this sometimes via google phone, but when calling from my pre, I don't get the option to leave myself a message, as it recognizes my number then portals me to checking my messages instead.

Something simple to record quick stuff qould be awesome, now that I've heard the awesome sound quality the vid recorder produces!
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Guarantee one of the Developers is working on this right now or has been working on this and with 1.4 they will be releasing soon.
    I thought I would be the only one who remembers that Palm has stupidly left out a basic Voice Recorder app. From what I understand there is no access to the Mic API so a third party app is not feasible at the moment. Hopefully Palm has people to read all these problems and has a plan to fix their broken phone.
    This is literally KILLING ME! One of the reasons that i decided to stick with Palm and as a result with Sprint ::slaps forehead:: is because i thought that even though they didnt include a voice memo option in the Pre a developer would take up where PalmOS left off.... Not having a voice memo feature on a smartfone is like a hybrid car not having power steering! Comon! Can we at least get some hand-me-down technology?!?!
    Folks. If you want to get a voice recorder, just install Precorder from preware. In there are options to Record Voice, Voice and Video or just Video. Set it to Voice and bingo you have a voice recorder.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by unclewayne65 View Post
    This is literally KILLING ME! One of the reasons that i decided to stick with Palm and as a result with Sprint ::slaps forehead:: is because i thought that even though they didnt include a voice memo option in the Pre a developer would take up where PalmOS left off.... Not having a voice memo feature on a smartfone is like a hybrid car not having power steering! Comon! Can we at least get some hand-me-down technology?!?!
    It's completely inexcusable, isn't it?

Still no voice dialing because of it nor a dictation app.

Granted, it hasn't even been a year since this phone was released....but still......at this point when my contract is up, I plan to get an iPhone. Call me a Pre hater, but the supporters are blinder than bats if they think The Pre is better.
    Quote Originally Posted by FesterTreo View Post
    Folks. If you want to get a voice recorder, just install Precorder from preware. In there are options to Record Voice, Voice and Video or just Video. Set it to Voice and bingo you have a voice recorder.
    Except that with all due respect to the Precorder dev team, voice-only was too choppy in my experience to be useful. {Jonathan}
    Well, for those wishing for a call recorder, the next best thing is to get google voice. it will record your calls for you. just fwd it to your phone and back for voicemail. when someone calls, press 6 (I think) and it records it)
    I need to record a lecture (about an hour). So far I've been packing my treo which has call rec. What do people suggest? Should I try classic? It looks like only some people can get it to work? I need this by Wed night...
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    I need to record a lecture (about an hour). So far I've been packing my treo which has call rec. What do people suggest? Should I try classic? It looks like only some people can get it to work? I need this by Wed night...

For your requires, i have to recommend the Aigo digital voice recorder. Aigo voice recorder can record for 544 hours. And the price is nice. You can have a look with visiting espow.com.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast