Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I agree with your prediction, although I'm not sure if PIM hosting will have a fee. I do suspect that all of the other subscription-based applications will be attached to that login. The PIM app will be the free crack that gets you coming back.

If Palm comes out with a hosted PIM app (in the cloud) with a great desktop UI that allows me to do everything that Outlook does and drag-and-drop emails to the calendar and tasks, then I'm in.
  2. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,430 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    I agree with your prediction, although I'm not sure if PIM hosting will have a fee. I do suspect that all of the other subscription-based applications will be attached to that login. The PIM app will be the free crack that gets you coming back.

If Palm comes out with a hosted PIM app (in the cloud) with a great desktop UI that allows me to do everything that Outlook does and drag-and-drop emails to the calendar and tasks, then I'm in.
    I mentioned it here or (maybe at my blog) - that having a single log-on to http://www.mypalm.com and then "bolt-ons" like splash id etc is the way to go.

You could be right about the PIM being free and the rest being the cost item, that or tiered levels of functionality?

(and then release day comes and it ships with palm desktop 2.0 and me and you look like a couple of putzes.. )
    Every one of the companies are trying to get us web based, Quick Books, microsoft and the rest will be there shortly. I also have a small business. There is no way I want to go web based for compay reasons. I have 2 computers, Xp, when one blows, I turn on the other and put the older one in the shop. I suggest you keep updated on software, until they go web. I refuse, I had a Mortgage thru countrywide and an employee there sold my personal information. Do you know if your bank accounts are hit thru the internet, the bank is not obligated to pay, they do now out of the "goodness" of their heart. Who is going to be responsble for all the the "sellers" and hackers?? If this is web based I am otta here, with sprint since the candy bar sony. (they pay thier employees enough, they will not sell the information, everything will be admin'd here in the states???) I have already had credit cards used, that were still in my possession, I have no time for all this cleanup. someone needs to teach the 20 year olds who come up with this to settle down, they do not understand the "end game".
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123