Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

This does not bother me at all. 8gigs is plenty for music, pics, and apps. I'm not going to put all the songs on my laptop(81gigs) on my pre. If i wanna listen to music or am going on a trip that's what the 40gig ipod is for. I would love to have 8gigs of apps though...maybe one day
    I don't want to use a system that requires a stylus anymore. I've had my share of Winmo, time for something new. The lack of an expansion port is pretty lame tho... 8gb is adequate, but by no means nearly enough for everyone, particularly when your competitor offers 32gb
    Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    Here is another case for the lack of MicroSD. We already saw that Orb works for the Pre and you can stream music. With WebOS only a matter of time before there is a real app that can stream music from your computer in a better UI fashion.
    I'd rather not have a stylus - I think their time has passed. As for an expansion card, it really isn't an issue for me: I'm not a big music person, but I have about 10 CD's on my phone (mostly I listen to Pandora), as well as an entire season of True Blood. I'm not certain what I would do with additional space - I have plenty.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I put 3 gigs of music on my Pre and I can't see ever needing more than that; if I do that's what I have a 60GB iPod for.

Even with a ton of apps I can't see ever filling up the entire 8gigs, but that's just me, so the expansion is not that big of a deal for me.

As far as a stylus, I could care less. I hate using a stylus unless I'm playing Bejeweled or something similar.
    not important to me at all i only have 500mb of music at one time for me i use my pre for :
    -streaming podcasts
    -very little music
    -address book
    -web browsing
    -phone
    -email
    -text
    -light pics
    -misc cool homebrew
    -gps
    -etc...

even with all this (26 homebrew, 500mb music, 3 reg apps tons of messages)
    i still have 6gb.
    this phone is not a iphone which is geared to music.
    this is a Pre open sourced its geared to people like me someone who isn't tied down to an OS like apple's.
    just my 2 cents
    +1 for dusting off an dead thread.
    Kinda funny when the fat middle has no clue or would even care to root and home brew. If the Pre is geared to someone like you then Palm completely missed their mark on their intended audience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    this phone is not a iphone which is geared to music.
    this is a Pre open sourced its geared to people like me someone who isn't tied down to an OS like apple's.
    just my 2 cents
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proof2006 View Post
    This is a phone not an mp3 player.
    To go by all I've read, the Pre apparently really is "one giant leap (down, down, down...)" from Palm OS machines; however, don't you think that "this is a phone" is a bit TOO pessimistic?

I certainly wouldn't buy a "phone" from Palm when I could also buy one from the experts (Nokia, Motorola, ....)

If it's NOT just a phone, then (hopefully) eventually you'll be able to do LOTS of things with it - just as the hundreds of programs on my Centro allow me to do; and then you'll NEED on board storage; I shudder to even think about having a hard reset somewhere out trekking with nothing but a bloody Cloud for help - no WiFi available, and mobile phones still being restricted in some rural European areas to download speeds below 10 kilobytes per second...

Regards,

Jochen
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rinkeedink View Post
    3. Micro USB port allows attachment of external memory USB hubs [with adapter]
    Oh? Tell me about that. I want one!
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    I'm afraid I must be one of the few people who will miss the stylus and graffiti. I'm an old Palm Pilot / Treo user who can sit is meetings and take notes with grafitti, but when I use the Treo keyboard, I get questions about my messaging.

Is there any way to use the classics program to use mobilewrite in the Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by McKellin View Post
    I'm afraid I must be one of the few people who will miss the stylus and graffiti. I'm an old Palm Pilot / Treo user who can sit is meetings and take notes with grafitti, but when I use the Treo keyboard, I get questions about my messaging.

Is there any way to use the classics program to use mobilewrite in the Pre?
    I'm switching to the Pre in few days and sharing your dependency on a stylus while in meetings the transition may be rough.

Even more than missing graffiti, I will have a hard time going without my ever present pen (i.e. 3 in 1 stylus). If there is a way to run mobilewrite I am going to design a quiver for my Pre or drill a hole down through the top.
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxtreo View Post
    I'm switching to the Pre in few days and sharing your dependency on a stylus while in meetings the transition may be rough.

Even more than missing graffiti, I will have a hard time going without my ever present pen (i.e. 3 in 1 stylus). If there is a way to run mobilewrite I am going to design a quiver for my Pre or drill a hole down through the top.
    If there ever is a grafitti solution it won't involve a stylus small enough to fit in that hole, so I'm sorry, but you will have to find a different pen solution.
    Maybe I'll start rocking a pocket protector.
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112