Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelKernel View Post
    What is the Ramp? 23 minutes in (yes, I watched it all) he says that Bridget, Benjamin and "those guys" have to figure out how they're gonna manage the Ramp because, and then he catches his slip up and quickly says, it's gonna be good.

Someone asks what the Ramp is and he says he can't tell them ... today.

So, any stabs in the dark?
    I get the feeling that there's a few things like maybe this that were unfinished at the time that Palm still has up their sleeve, honestly.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 01/11/2009 at 02:40 PM.
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NDPTAL85 View Post
    Guys, there's a dialpad on the device. I've seen it in screenshots. That means its a phone.
    no way! it can make calls? that's revolutionary!
    My journey: PalmPilotPro->PalmPilotIIIx->Treo300->Treo600->Treo650->Treo755p->Pre->FrankenPre2
    What is the Ramp? 23 minutes in (yes, I watched it all) he says that Bridget, Benjamin and "those guys" have to figure out how they're gonna manage the Ramp because, and then he catches his slip up and quickly says, it's gonna be good.

Lol, guys it isn't something that mysterious.

"Manage the ramp" refers to managing the huge ramp up in production/distribution/sales in order to meet the massive demand for a launch like this, nothing more...
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Lol, guys it isn't something that mysterious.

"Manage the ramp" refers to managing the huge ramp up in production/distribution/sales in order to meet the massive demand for a launch like this, nothing more...
    I agree about the Ramp comment, however, I still believe they've still got stuff up their sleeve.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainchump View Post
    UHHHHHHHH....ah uhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The man knew a lot about the phone, but this was basically unbearable. He needs someone to drop a marble into a metal can every time he says UHHHHHHHHHH

Oh God, man, I know. That was easily one of the most painful presentations Ive ever listened to ... UHHHHHHHHHHH Ah... Ah.... Ah... UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.. uHHHHHH. A course on public speaking is definitely in order there.

The phone looks sleek. Nice integration of a hi res large screen with keyboard. The lag is VERY apparent though. I was a little embarrassed for him while he demo`d the interapp switching at times. It looks to be slightly longer than that experienced on the 700p, which is a concern. People have been saying speed optimizations will eliminate it. I hope so.
    The desktop capability is another issue which better be addressed.
    Overall, nice effort by palm, but PLEASE send some of the presenters to public speaking school.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I am ecstatic to see the phone Sprint branded. Verizon Wireless no longer can claim the first (CDMA) service provider for smartphones.
    A.S.d.l.C

I think he used the word 'ramp', sort of like one would use it in the context of ramping up sales/production, specially if you keep in mind what he is talking about at the time he did use the word 'ramp'. The part about not being able to "tell them... today" I think was just a smart response to sound mysterious. That's my 2 cents.

OOPS. Looks like I waited way too long to actually post my response. Just noticed when the page refreshed that 'zbop' already said the same thing.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 01/11/2009 at 07:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Helo Darqness View Post
    will it be flash and/or java enabled?
    No Flash, at least at the start. And I've heard nothing about Java, but someone should be coming out with a Java VM soon enough.
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Phones pretty cool but I stopped the video half way cause the rep is driving me ****ing nuts with uhh... uhh.... uhh... jesus.
    Treo 650>XV6700>Moto Q>BB Curve>Moto Q9>Treo 700wx>Treo 800w>Samsung Moment
    No Flash, at least at the start. And I've heard nothing about Java, but someone should be coming out with a Java VM soon enough.
    Well, no Flash right now at least. Depending on when the actual launch ends up being, maybe it will have Flash by then. Nobody knows for sure that it will even have it, but I'd say by launch at the earliest, 3-6 months later being more likely.
    just how easy is it to make programs from java/html/web?

but just the same, im pretty much excited for this phone! might be a good reason for me to get sprint! hope its not as expensive!
  12. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Did anyone else notice THIS charger in the background? The Palm Battery Charger? It's the same one I own for my Centro batteries. Just thought that was pretty interesting and if it does in fact take the same battery as the Centro, I already have two, so damn would that rock to have a backup at all times...

Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ame View Post
    Did anyone else notice THIS charger in the background? The Palm Battery Charger? It's the same one I own for my Centro batteries. Just thought that was pretty interesting and if it does in fact take the same battery as the Centro, I already have two, so damn would that rock to have a backup at all times...

It may have the same AC plug but the Pre uses Micro-USB on the device itself. Unless the Centro also has micro-USB, you're SOL.
  14. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    It may, but that has nothing to do with this charger itself. The little charger unit works to charge the battery with whatever power adapter I have. It is independent of the device. The battery itself is outside of the device when charging in that thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by ame View Post
    It may, but that has nothing to do with this charger itself. The little charger unit works to charge the battery with whatever power adapter I have. It is independent of the device. The battery itself is outside of the device when charging in that thing.
    Ok...I didn't understand you had something standalone.
    HI guys.
    Question: Do you think there's going to be some sort of information-home-screen like in WM-phones or S60 with upcoming appointments, big clock, date on the webOS. I think it's kinda useful.
    I am thrilled from the overall preview of this phone ! It is a master piece , a state of the art in the field of mobile phones both on the hardware and software design. For a moment it appeared an iphone in the video and it seemed soooo ugly! Palm did an exceptional job! Even without multi touch capability i would buy it without second thought. As for the person that demoed this gorgeous phone , he was very pleasant and i didn't annoyed from the way he was talking at all. I can understand him . When you have to show a product ,you need time to think what to say next, where to start , and this damned thing had a lot of strong points that he had to refer at . 10 out of 10 from me. . .
    I haven't owned a Palm since the 650. I just logged in after years on this board to say that the Pre has captured my attention...

I may be paying ATT a cancellation fee real soon and eBaying all my Nokias...
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123