Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    As sombebody said before, you can't make any judgement from the mA's of the battery. It depend how efficiently the hardware uses it.

We'll have to wait and see.
    But will it make phone calls?
    Sorry Dieter, but they should've used you for the demonstration....I mean, uh, well that's...uh, you know....uh. I don't feel like that demonstration did the Pre justice. Your short hands on yesterday was much better than the 25 minutes seen here. I have a question, does web based mean that the phone is always using the internet? How does that affect the 5 gig limit? I'm asking because they say it's constantly searching.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Is it me or the video on the Bold better than the Pre? It seems the screen on the pre is a little washed out and the Bold screen is just SCREAMING.

Can anyone confirm which screen show a better video? Bold? iPhone? Palm Pre? Treo Pro?
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janric View Post
    Is it me or the video on the Bold better than the Pre? It seems the screen on the pre is a little washed out and the Bold screen is just SCREAMING.

Can anyone confirm which screen show a better video? Bold? iPhone? Palm Pre? Treo Pro?
    He acknowledged that and said it's because the Bold doesn't have a touchscreen
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    He acknowledged that and said it's because the Bold doesn't have a touchscreen
    Hmm... That's interesting... I don't completely buy that reason.

Dieter, were you able to compare the video on the iPhone versus the pre? Which screen do you think is the winner? Thanks.
    I noticed the one had a much better picture (I actually thought it was a Samsung WM6 phone they showed) but I also thought that could've been the angle that the camera was at. It was directly over the one phone and angled to the Pre.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    UHHHHHHHH....ah uhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The man knew a lot about the phone, but this was basically unbearable. He needs someone to drop a marble into a metal can every time he says UHHHHHHHHHH
    the phone looks neat but i couldn't watch anymore than 5 minutes of that video. Is the VP really that retarded that he has to say "UMM" 40 times in a sentence? that's all i could hear him say. Sometimes it was strings of UM like 10 ums long before he spoke.

It's not a good idea to have a person that is nervous (or illiterate) speaking about the new features of a phone that is supposed to save your company.
    Well, it's like, um, uh, you know that's a really great beginning to new palm devices!

I Like the large screen area and flush face, nice intuitive interaction - the rotational screen was instantaneous (for those of us that continued through the entire presentation).

The so called "lags" that some folks are speaking of may just have been that the operator didn't offer the touch screen enough input to determine the exact request. That's something that happens on MANY touch screen devices - even those at sales points; if the operator isn't decisive in their "touch" the screen cannot read your mind - so another more precise touch is required. Once the proper pressure, direction or duration is applied the OS acts expediently.

Overall I am impressed and am happy to see a 3mp FLASH camera included, but still waiting to see if the device TAKES video as well as it PLAYS video. Currently I use my Centro for more video than I do still shots and because I do I am sitting on the fence at reenabling my Sanyo SCP 8400 Flip phone. If it weren't for the myriad of ways I use the rest of my Palm programs through the course of the day - I'd cross that fence. For now, I'll continue toting my camera along too.

The PRE IS intriguing and I am delighted to see PALM charging ahead sans yet another MS Windows Mobile brick!

I wonder if they'll offer the PRE in other colors besides boring black? I prefer RED!

The inductive Touchstone is cool, and the mini USB is a step in the right direction, they mentioned the mini USB could be connected to the PC for instant file transfers ( verses a hot sync) but could the same port work as a flash drive too?

Did they really eliminate the Mini SD slot or is it buried under the battery?

Am also happy they retained the ultra convenient mute/ringer switch. And moving the stereo jack to the top of the phone is a good idea. I see they also retained an actual power button too - so for those concerned about battery consumption you can always opt to turn off the device.

I am already a happy sprint customer with their unlimited plan so this device may be a good upgrade - IF it takes video and of course IF it becomes available in RED. We live in a colorful world - why do all the new devices come out in boring black?

Will be following this device with interest!

Cheers!
    Kim
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgewizard View Post
    I wonder if they'll offer the PRE in other colors besides boring black? I prefer RED!
    almost the entire front is the screen, so not much area to add color. the entire back, however, is one piece, so it seems like it would be easy for them to offer different colored back covers as accessories.
    My journey: PalmPilotPro->PalmPilotIIIx->Treo300->Treo600->Treo650->Treo755p->Pre->FrankenPre2
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    So I'm assuming, (let me know if I'm a dumbass or not) that all the old .prc apps will not work on the Pre. It would truly be awesome if they did, but in a perfect world weed would be legal and health care would be free in the US.
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
  13. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djraw View Post
    So I'm assuming, (let me know if I'm a dumbass or not) that all the old .prc apps will not work on the Pre. It would truly be awesome if they did, but in a perfect world weed would be legal and health care would be free in the US.
    Yep - none of them will work.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainchump View Post
    UHHHHHHHH....ah uhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The man knew a lot about the phone, but this was basically unbearable. He needs someone to drop a marble into a metal can every time he says UHHHHHHHHHH
    That, were my thoughts exactly.

Will ya friggin slow down!!!! Argh.

Uhhhh uhhhh uhhhhhhhhhhh unbearable.
    Last edited by Gazpacho; 01/10/2009 at 07:22 PM.
    - FoleoCentral
    Staying where we are.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    "I have a question, does web based mean that the phone is always using the internet?"
    I've seen this question in a couple of other threads, and I assume web based refers to the software used for programming, javascript, HTML etc. I don't think web based means access to the internet is required for the OS to work. I expect to be able to use the device with all the radios turned off to save battery life.
    Casio BOSS->Palm Pilot Professional->Palm M500->Treo 600-> Treo 680->Treo Pro (TP) ->HP Veer<->HP TP<->Pre3<>HP TP 4G
    Conn 6H-> Bach 36->Bach 16L (high Bb plays really flat?(fixed thanks to **** Akright))-> New York Bach 6viii
    Scalpel->Scope->Aesop->Hermes->Sidne->Davinci S>Davinci Si
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    But will it make phone calls?
    I have not seen anyone make a phone call with the pre or discuss the phone app so maybe not.
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    I have not seen anyone make a phone call with the pre or discuss the phone app so maybe not.
    sounds crazy, but that would not be a deal-breaker for me! i used a whopping 6 minutes last month. email, IM & SMS are much more important for me.
    My journey: PalmPilotPro->PalmPilotIIIx->Treo300->Treo600->Treo650->Treo755p->Pre->FrankenPre2
    will it be flash and/or java enabled?
    What is the Ramp? 23 minutes in (yes, I watched it all) he says that Bridget, Benjamin and "those guys" have to figure out how they're gonna manage the Ramp because, and then he catches his slip up and quickly says, it's gonna be good.

Someone asks what the Ramp is and he says he can't tell them ... today.

So, any stabs in the dark?
    Guys, there's a dialpad on the device. I've seen it in screenshots. That means its a phone.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast