Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Again, I don't know how long this video will be available.

Here is CNBC's Jim Goldman with Ed Colligan

Talking about the Pre

http://release.theplatform.com/content.select?pid=YwmHuE_s6OKHlMxnU16yYdniCwYZmgsH&UserName=cmsguest@cnbc.com&key=Hre0rJA3eh6RQyG5E VFUCYuvv%2Fs%3D&reporting=part=%22TOS%22|parttype=VOD|partcode=40642

Tom
    username and password required ???!11
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Nice clip. Heard the catch phrase that the deal with Sprint is "A Launch Exclusive" which makes me think other carriers will soon follow.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    My favorite part:

[Ed Coligan] "We really knew a couple of years ago that we needed to reinvent the core operating system..."

They knew "a couple of years ago"?!?

Palm had been trying to make a successor to Garnet not for a couple of years but 7 long painful years!!!

But I'm not bitter, hey
    Yeah, made sure to say that Sprint wasn't an "exclusive carrier" but is an "launch exclusive carrier". Sounds promising for those not on Sprint.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    My favorite part:

[Ed Coligan] "We really knew a couple of years ago that we needed to reinvent the core operating system..."

They knew "a couple of years ago"?!?

Palm had been trying to make a successor to Garnet not for a couple of years but 7 long painful years!!!

But I'm not bitter, hey
    Add a little more context-- he said "We really knew a couple of years ago that we needed to reinvent the core operating system that we were working on at the time.

Kinda sounded to me like they were working on a new OS (as you mentioned 7 long years) and realized a couple years ago that they were just not on the right path or that what they'd come up with was outdated. Yeah I agree it's ridiculous it's taken them this long to come up with a replacement to what seems to me an ancient software platform... just thought the quote was a bit out of context, making it sound like he was suggesting it was 2 years ago the light went on that Palm / Garnet OS needed replacing, haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by rumz View Post
    Add a little more context-- he said "We really knew a couple of years ago that we needed to reinvent the core operating system that we were working on at the time.

Kinda sounded to me like they were working on a new OS (as you mentioned 7 long years) and realized a couple years ago that they were just not on the right path or that what they'd come up with was outdated... just thought the quote was a bit out of context, making it sound like he was suggesting it was 2 years ago the light went on that Palm / Garnet OS needed replacing, haha.
    Cobalt was a brand new system, Access was a brand new system and they "were working on those at the time" 7 years ago. And during the development phase they were not outdated in the slightest. I'm not taking him out of context because what he's omitting is Palms failures at developing a new OS. I don't blame him for spinning it that way but we all know better. The important thing is they are on the right track now
    i would hope anylong time user of plam products realizes how terrrible it is that it took them 7 years. Investors realized it - look at the stock. and most customer relaize- that's why they are no longer on top of the smartphone industry.

nice interview.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Sorry Guys. I accessed thru my option software. It probably drops a cookie to allow me access.

Thanks to GearGoddess for finding the Roger McNamee link.

Pretty please could you find a non passworded link for this one?
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    Sorry Guys. I accessed thru my option software. It probably drops a cookie to allow me access.

Thanks to GearGoddess for finding the Roger McNamee link.

Pretty please could you find a non passworded link for this one?
    is this what you're looking for? CNBC Video
    My journey: PalmPilotPro->PalmPilotIIIx->Treo300->Treo600->Treo650->Treo755p->Pre->FrankenPre2
    Quote Originally Posted by GearGoddess View Post
    is this what you're looking for? CNBC Video
    Thats an old interview. Here's the one from 1/8.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=989832966&play=1
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    Thats an old interview. Here's the one from 1/8.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=989832966&play=1
    Thanks. That's the one.