Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    thats the google maps icon
    Reference? That looks nothing like the icon for Google Maps on my phone...
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    You didn't answer the question after the OP clarified it therefore you didn't understand what he wanted. I don't care about how it was worded wrong; your post was worthless.

Not like any of this crap matters anyway.
    I think you are bored. The OP said there wasn't a "tethering Hack" I explained that a hack is made after the device is released but you insist on carry his on. I will let you win, so this can stop. You Win, the OP is right. There is no "tethering hack"
    "Bite the hand that feeds you,.......They'll always be impressed by the sharpness of your teeth."-Peggy Sellers (Miriam Margolyes)
    Quote Originally Posted by hova View Post
    I think you are bored. The OP said there wasn't a "tethering Hack" I explained that a hack is made after the device is released but you insist on carry his on. I will let you win, so this can stop. You Win, the OP is right. There is no "tethering hack"
    How do you know that's Google Maps? Palm has their own Maps program... fyi
    Well unless their stealing Google Maps icon, it's Google maps. Plus I've seen pictures (don't have time to link) that clearly shows Google maps application being used. Thirdly, in the global search it defaults to Google, Wikipedia or Google Maps.
    http://www.google.com/mobile/blackberry/maps.html

P.S.
    You probably have an old version of Google maps and that's why you don't have the new icon. Try going to m.google.com on your phone and then to maps.
    ROTFLMAO
    Nokia American Idol Phone< Motorola RAZR<Nokia Flip Phone<Sidekick Slide<Palm Centro<HTC Snap

Currently Enjoying: Palm Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    http://www.google.com/mobile/blackberry/maps.html

P.S.
    You probably have an old version of Google maps and that's why you don't have the new icon. Try going to m.google.com on your phone and then to maps.
    Ah thanks for clearing that up
    Quote Originally Posted by muncheroo View Post
    1. Won't work on my sero plan -- sorry, only reason I am with sprint is because they're cheap.
    Was this part of the announcement? I was wondering the same thing, but I can't see why Sprint would not allow an existing Sero subscriber to upgrade an existing Palm phone to this new one. Sure it may be a little like pulling teeth to find the right person at Sprint that will apply the phone to a Sero plan, but it'll be possible (please let it be possible..) I'm sure the standard line will be that it requires the "everything" plan, but that's pretty much what Sero is anyhow, semantics.

Anyhow, I'm with you. This would be THE deal breaker. No Sero = iPhone for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bsquarewi View Post
    Anyhow, I'm with you. This would be THE deal breaker. No Sero = iPhone for me.
    Even though for an equivalent plan with AT&T you'll pay about 3-4 times more than what you're paying now? The Pre would be cheaper than the iPhone in terms of month-to-month as well. Are you really willing to spend more money for something that has less features?
    watch this video around 1:50 and it mentions google maps:

Question for those with the Simply Everything plan...

There is no added charge for tehering, is there, since Hesse made such a big deal in his commercials about letting us use our phones for ALL that they do?

That would include tethering, would it not?

Granted, only with SE??
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Quote Originally Posted by duanedude1 View Post
    There is no added charge for tehering, is there, since Hesse made such a big deal in his commercials about letting us use our phones for ALL that they do?

I believe the true SE includes tethering but the lower level ones (450 and 900 minutes) do it. I think.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by duanedude1 View Post
    Question for those with the Simply Everything plan...

Granted, only with SE??
    That's a great point. However, going from about $350 a year to $1200+ a year in cell phone expenses for that phone is just doing what sprint wants you to do. When you lose the sero plan, you will never get it back ever again... over the course of a decade that comes out to a savings of over $10,000. So, when I hit 35, I'll buy myself a sweet present with the $ I saved from not owning the pre.

Anyways, it's also really hard to imagine Sprint denying us low margin users the pre forever. There will be new models and features and the pre will eventually trickle down to us 2nd class citizens. For the money I am saving, I will gladly wait an extra year or two for the pre... after all, my 700p is still serving every need I have for a phone.

Sprint, I call your bluff.
    Quote Originally Posted by bsquarewi View Post
    How do you figure that? IF Sprint forces a SimplyEverything plan with this phone then $99/mo is the plan (yikes!) which is $20 more than the lowest price iPhone plan AND the Ed said that they had too much phone to sell for the $199 price of the iPhone. So you have a more expensive phone with a more expensive plan in the Pre. Don't get me wrong, I want it and want to stay with Sprint on the Sero plan, but not going to shell out $100/mo on a SimplyEverything plan.
    First off, there are 3 everything plans. 2 with 450 and 900 minutes (unlimited everything else) for $69 and $89. Second, all 3 plans used to be called SE plans but they broke them apart so now the $69 and $89 are called something like Everything Data. 3 anything requiring an everything plan includes the two cheaper ones as well.

So no Sprint is not forcing you to pick the $99 plan; they never have. They want to push any of their everything plans, however...

An equivalent AT&T plan for the $69 everything plan costs about $89.
    Do iPhones have separate plans from ATT plans? Cause their unlimited plan still has you add on data plans which makes you shell out much more money
    Nokia American Idol Phone< Motorola RAZR<Nokia Flip Phone<Sidekick Slide<Palm Centro<HTC Snap

Currently Enjoying: Palm Pixi
  16.    #36  
    is it possible to reprogram ESN's and trick sprint into thinking you have a different phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    Since SERO does not even exist enymore, it's unlikely that Sprint will allow you to keep it. Like it did with instinct, the minimum will be the SIMPLY EVERYTHING PLAN--which is actually NOT any cheaper than AT&T's prices for the iPhone.
    I swear I don't know why I come to these forums anymore.

YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO PURCHASE THE SIMPLY EVERYTHING PLAN WITH ANY OF SPRINT'S PHONES!

The following image is linked directly from the Sprint's Instinct page (you can also add it to your cart to see the available plans):

Also, all of the Everything plans are cheaper than the equivalent AT&T plans; that's the only reason I'm still with Sprint.

You can even go to Sprint's Instinct website, click on Everything Plans, then click on All Instinct Plans to get the image I just posted. See here: http://www.nextel.com/en/stores/inst..._details.shtml
    Last edited by Hicks; 01/09/2009 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Cleaning
    I swear I don't know why I come to these forums anymore; all of you are idiots.

YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO PURCHASE THE SIMPLY EVERYTHING PLAN WITH ANY OF SPRINT'S PHONES!

The following image is linked directly from the Sprint's Instinct page (you can also add it to your cart to see the available plans):

Also, all of the Everything plans are cheaper than the equivalent AT&T plans; that's the only reason I'm still with Sprint.
    no no you are mistaken. You need an SE with the instinct. I tried getting it on my plan and even my buddy couldnt activate it on web2k or whatever they are using now.
    Potential Deal-killers for me:

Battery Life

Other Annoyances that won't stop me from getting it:

No Native Apps
    No D-pad for gaming and text navigation
    No memory slot
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Potential Deal-killers for me:

Battery Life

Other Annoyances that won't stop me from getting it:

No Native Apps
    No D-pad for gaming and text navigation
    No memory slot
    I thought that all their apps are native! Did I miss something?
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast