1.    #1  
    WOW!!! I thought yesterdays 35% gain was impressive. If they can sustain it shows that investors believe.

PALM IS ALIVE !!!
    Yep its a beautiful thing. My broker told me I was crazy when I bought a hundred shares 4 weeks ago. He called me this morning and asked why I did not buy 1000 shares.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  3. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,427 Global Posts
    I actually think if the OS is successful, Microsoft might as well buy the company and shortstep the complete re-write of Windows Mobile 7 they are going to have to do...
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    I actually think if the OS is successful, Microsoft might as well buy the company and shortstep the complete re-write of Windows Mobile 7 they are going to have to do...
    If Microsoft bought Palm, I would , , !
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    microsoft f**ks up everything that they touch if they bought palm that would be a horrible move.
    --
    Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    If my post was helpful please thank me!

Linux/Palm Pre HELP can be found at:
    http://www.crombiez.com

-intro.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    OH PLEASE!!

Are you trying to ruin my day?
    I don't think so. WebOS actually gives Microsoft an opportunity to capture some of the orphaned PalmOS users. Plenty of Palm Apps already have WM versions and WM can sync with Outlook without requiring a dataplan. There is even a PalmOS emulator on WM and Palm even makes a WM device with a Treo form factor.

The Pre OTOH is really an alternative interpretation of the iPhone. Its actually the most iPhone like device I have seen that didn't come with an Apple logo.
    Microsoft buying Palm would mean they would actually have to adopt Linux as the embedded OS of the future over Windows Mobile. Not going to happen.
    CGK what are you thinking !?!

;-)
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  10. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,427 Global Posts
    Well what can I say - I use WM every day but it's a dog....
    I can't help but watch this stock closely, and as it goes up its killing me more and more. I almost bought at 1.50 at the beginning of December, but decided I didn't have the money to spare in case the big risk failed.
    CGK -

on a serious note, i'm surpised no one tried to purchase Palm when the stock was way down. Not sure how must Elevation partners owns, if it was even possible for aother larger phone company to move in. Something like Samung or LG looking for a proven smart phone and OS. Just a thought
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.