Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by maltese_falcon View Post
    the original jobs keynote for iphone stated very clearly that physical keyboards were out of date, touchscreens were it so apple is never gonna release an iphone with a touchscreen in a million years.
    Thats a shame for them. Maybe some people can type quickly their keyboard but I sure can't. I need a physical keyboard.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Apple also spent years telling everyone that they would never make a mobile phone. If there's decent ROI to be had by making an iPhone with physical keyboard, they will go after it.
    If Apple does make an iPhone with a physical keyboard, then I can't wait to hear the pitch for it when they first introduce it, and I can't wait to see the ads for it. Talking about eating your own words!
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    If Apple does make an iPhone with a physical keyboard, then I can't wait to hear the pitch for it when they first introduce it, and I can't wait to see the ads for it. Talking about eating your own words!
    NEVER SAY NEVER! If Apple would do it, it would be a hard choice between that Phone and the Pre!
    Not too hard a choice. The Pre is still a palm in that it's a much better organizer, email, contacts, office apps, etc.

Features? Palm kills it.

Cost? Sprint is much cheaper and for some, better 3g coverage.

Apple has its strengths though. Itunes and ease of putting media on it which i hope palm can answer through partnerships with amazon and sprint.

And apple has some cool games. Although other than one, i just find i don't have time to play em and could easily live with the traditional games which are basically time wasters.
    I hope it's 2-15, any thing is possible.
    If the release date really turns out to be 2/15, what do you guys think Palm will announce the next day at MWC?
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I find it difficult to believe considering how coy they were at CES with price points of both the device and the peripherals, information about the SDK, and pointed out that the device on display was not the final product. Like Dieter said in the post, I would LOVE to be surprised with that release date. I just don't believe that we will see a Pre on 2/15...well, one we can buy anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    If the release date really turns out to be 2/15, what do you guys think Palm will announce the next day at MWC?
    maybe SDK release?
  10. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    I'd hope that would mean that the GSM one would be ready to launch too, and that Palm would announce it--with a launch date... of course, that might mean it'd be an exclusive on Vodafone or something.

I hope that 1) the GSM Pre does have 3G on US frequencies and 2) there's an unlocked version available quickly. I know, there've been rumors to the contrary on the US 3G question; I'll believe that when there's a solid source to back it up.
    I think they have also have other models of phone plus the SDK.
    Well, if it does come out on the 15th, then that will make up for a possibly crappy valentines day for me!

And if you do have a gf, prepare to not waste your Pre money on useless crap like flowers and chocolate! lol
    Someone got their o's and e's confused. Treonauts.com indicates the Pro (not Pre) has been scheduled for a 2/15 launch, with Best Buy to hold all units they have already received.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr View Post
    Someone got their o's and e's confused. Treonauts.com indicates the Pro (not Pre) has been scheduled for a 2/15 launch, with Best Buy to hold all units they have already received.
    That's been established for quite awhile already. Treonauts definitely wasn't the first to report that. Though many suspect that the people inside of Sprint that have leaked a 2/15 expected release date is for the Pro rather than the Pre, some have specifically mentioned the Pre was not being confused with the Pro. If this is true or not, no one knows, but the rumormill is churning like crazy.
    I know there's been confusion between the Palm Pre and the Treo Pro. I asked one of the folks at dan@sprint.com whether he meant the Pre or the Pro when he told me 2/15 release. He told me it IS the Pre and included a link with info, but it's just the same teaser ad as before:

Dear Mr. Henderson:

Thank you for your last email response. As I indicated in my previous email to you, the Palm Pre is scheduled for a February 15th release date. I have included a link that you can go to and sign up for information on the release date. It is http://now.sprint.com/pre/?id9=vanityalmpre.

If I can of any assistance to you in the future, I can be reached at
    (757) 223-3355 Monday thru Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. EST.

Martin P.
    Dan@Sprint.com
    Escalations representative
    (757) 223-3355
    The date aside, what happens if Apple sues Palm? Can Palm sell the units while the Lawyers rake in the money in court, or will the court order Palm to not sell anything until the suit is settled?
    Quote Originally Posted by nhhendu View Post
    Dear Mr. Henderson:

Thank you for your last email response. As I indicated in my previous email to you, the Palm Pre is scheduled for a February 15th release date. I have included a link that you can go to and sign up for information on the release date. It is http://now.sprint.com/pre/?id9=vanityalmpre.

Martin P.
    Dan@Sprint.com
    (757) 223-3355
    That is great news!!! I am banking on a Feb 15th release date because they simply cannot afford to hold this release. I'm hoping they release enough units on the first run though, because on release date, I'd better be walking out of a Sprint store with my Palm Pre!!
    Quote Originally Posted by nhhendu View Post
    I know there's been confusion between the Palm Pre and the Treo Pro. I asked one of the folks at dan@sprint.com whether he meant the Pre or the Pro when he told me 2/15 release. He told me it IS the Pre and included a link with info, but it's just the same teaser ad as before:

Dear Mr. Henderson:

Martin P.
    Dan@Sprint.com
    (757) 223-3355
    Dang, if that's really true that would be amazing! Though I have no idea why the heck they're not releasing the SDK yet if that is true! I'm also tempted to call that guy up and ask him how the heck he's given that kind of privileged information and yet no one else seems to know. If anyone wants to call, I'd love to hear his response.
    they could announce that the phone is availible now as in 2/15 and all of the other fluff questions like when will we get the sdk, pricing, so on and so forth
Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast