Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 838
  1. #141  
    I don't think it's going to be the 15th, that's 3 weeks away, from what we saw at CES, there's still a lot that has to be done to get the Pre ready for release.
    I'm going to guess mid to late March. It would explain why Sprint is training now.
    And if Sprint is training, shouldn't we expect to see some leaked photos or more spec info soon?
    Finally, you figure Palm is going to want to get accessory manufacturers going so there are cases ready when it comes out.
    The only accessories we know about are the touchstone, car charger and a slip case.
    Last edited by patchs; 01/24/2009 at 11:53 AM.
  2. #142  
    Yeah from what the videos showed, they sure left a lot of pages unturned. Meaning, they just showed the basics like email, texting, browser, looking at videos and pictures, but they showed none of the other apps they might launch. I saw a whole gallery of pics over at Gizmodo where they did a search and there were some hard to identify icons to be seen. One of them seems to be a Maze game kinda like what's popular on the iPhone and Touch Diamond. I am eager to see what kind of "crap" Sprint is going to load on the phone and whether they are going to keep the black and yellow theme that is so prevelant on the Windows Mobile phones they sell.
  3. #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    http://www.precentral.net/sprint-emp...h-not-so-crazy

    Another source says that training seems to be happening.
    lol this keeps on getting more interesting!
  4. #144  
    I've talked to a few people I know at Sprint (I have been a customer of Sprint since late 90's), who are very reliable. Same people who told me when the firmware update for Sprint HTC Touch was coming out, and they were right, within a couple of days, telling me about a month before it was released. From what they have told me from what they are hearing, if there is no setbacks, is that they are hoping to release the Palm Pre by the middle of March. If there are any setbacks it would be pushed back to an April release.

    Again, I will believe it when I see it. Everybody that is giving you a date is just conjecture, it is not based on fact. The only reason I am telling you a date, is because these Tech Rep have been reliable in the past on dates.

    Trust me, I hope it comes out in February, but I will take March or April also.♦♠
  5. #145  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Why would you charge .99 and not a dollar?
    Well, that's a classic marketing/psychological ploy. You'd be surprised how many people still ignore the numbers after the decimal. I think there's a slightly different angle at play here.
    They didn't say June for the same reasons. First half sounded better.
    More likely at play is a quote mentality. You don't want to commit to an early date when there are carrier regulatory approvals that have to be achieved. It's better to give a conservative estimate in case red tape slows things down. That way if you get it out in February or March, everyone's pleasantly surprised. Of course, that's only everyone in the sense of us geeks that pay attention to this sort of thing. The general populace probably have no awareness of its existence and won't have heard of it until it hits anyway.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  6. #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by dfine1966 View Post
    I've talked to a few people I know at Sprint (I have been a customer of Sprint since late 90's), who are very reliable. Same people who told me when the firmware update for Sprint HTC Touch was coming out, and they were right, within a couple of days, telling me about a month before it was released. From what they have told me from what they are hearing, if there is no setbacks, is that they are hoping to release the Palm Pre by the middle of March. If there are any setbacks it would be pushed back to an April release.

    Again, I will believe it when I see it. Everybody that is giving you a date is just conjecture, it is not based on fact. The only reason I am telling you a date, is because these Tech Rep have been reliable in the past on dates.

    Trust me, I hope it comes out in February, but I will take March or April also.♦♠


    haha, you go on to say "Everybody that is giving you a date is just conjecture" then go on to say your "Techs" are "reliable".. haha so your date isnt a conjucture?


    sorry please forgive me :P
  7. #147  
    my guess is that there's still lots of variables left - and at this point not even palm knows the final release date for sure.
  8. #148  
    No, I didn't mean most Tech Reps, I meant the ones I have talked to for the last 10 years that I know are reliable and have been a good source for me. I just dial their direct extension to talk to them whenever I have a problem.
  9. #149  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Didn't realise that you spoke a different language. In my 'neck of the woods' the first half encompasses 1st January to 30th June.
    yes but 90% of the time "first half of the year" means June, July or August when it comes to handset releases. They could bring it as early as March but who knows
  10. gjlowe's Avatar
    Posts
    279 Posts
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    #150  
    I think that March/April sounds right, and the reason they said 1st half of 2009 was to give them leeway. I think if they wait until June, though, they may lose some of that momentum they have built up, and also may have to compete with either a revamped iPhone, or new iPhone software that mimics some Pre functionality (ha...Apple mimicking Palm!)
  11. #151  
    I really can't wait to long for this. I am selling my psp and iPod touch to buy one.
  12. #152  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    yes but 90% of the time "first half of the year" means June, July or August when it comes to handset releases. They could bring it as early as March but who knows
    Exactly! But I think that Ed had the Pre contributing to Palm's income in the 2nd quarter, so that implies that it should not be June 30th.
  13. #153  
    "If you build it, they will come." Guess we'll all just have to stand in the corn field and wait.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

    HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  14. #154  
    Well if it's really not going to come out until June....then they better magically stick in a bigger battery, include a microsd slot, and give us a touch stone version for the car for free, just because they started teasing us so early and made us wait that long!
  15. #155  
    I just don't want to see a repeat of what happened with the US Blackberry Bold release.
  16. #156  
    Agreed, Palm can't afford to release something like the 700p again. The bugs need to be worked out and they need a good response from the early adopters.
    Palm Pilot -> Palm IIIX -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre
  17. #157  
    All i know is..i'm ready to early adopt. If its June, so be it. I have this thing called tax season anyways End of Apr would be even better.

    Hope they have a plan til then to keep the buzz going.
  18. #158  
    Quote Originally Posted by adjmcloon View Post
    Agreed, Palm can't afford to release something like the 700p again. The bugs need to be worked out and they need a good response from the early adopters.

    What is Apple releases a Iphone with a physical keyboard like maybe the Treo Pro. It would be a whole new ball game for both Palm and Apple, Apple has the software already
  19. #159  
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844 View Post
    What is Apple releases a Iphone with a physical keyboard like maybe the Treo Pro. It would be a whole new ball game for both Palm and Apple, Apple has the software already
    If you listen to Apple's conference call from last week, they are not going to introduce an iPhone with a keyboard, ever. They flat out say that one of their advantages in software is that since there's only one style of device, with one set of specifications that it makes it much easier for developers to make software, since they don't have to make a version for a million different screen sizes, shapes, etc. Aka, they think they already have the perfect form factor and aren't changing it because it would split the software community in two.
  20. #160  
    the original jobs keynote for iphone stated very clearly that physical keyboards were out of date, touchscreens were it so apple is never gonna release an iphone with a touchscreen in a million years.

    course, if apple update to iphone v3.0 and that includes copy paste, text forwarding, mms and a better camera and non crippled bluetooth stack, the only difference then is that the pre has a physical keyboard, and can multi task.

    palm have to get this thing out in the next three months, april at th e very latest so get a jump on whatever apple counter with and get time to buld up some impetous.
Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions