Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    they said first half of 2009. That meant June to me.
    Try June and hope its not delayed. Seriously, what part of "first half of 2009" didn't some people get?
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Yes, June is in the first half of 2009, but if they weren't trying to get it out earlier why wouldn't they just say June?
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Try June and hope its not delayed. Seriously, what part of "first half of 2009" didn't some people get?
    Didn't realise that you spoke a different language. In my 'neck of the woods' the first half encompasses 1st January to 30th June.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Yes. So that probably points to at least April for the Pre to maximise sales of the Pro.
    what? the pro has been out for a while now. and on gsm be that. what more maximizing do you want?
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Not the Sprint version. It's only just about to be released.

http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/2356-1.htm
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    I think there may be a grain of truth to this. I've been exchanging emails on that dan@sprint.com address and, among many questions I had was a possible Pre release date.
    "Marty" at Sprint left me a voicemail in response to my emails.
    He says "We don't have any specific information on the Pre or about what plan would be required except that it should be launched on Feb. 15 of this year."
    Now, it could be a bunch of hogwash, but he did say it and it is on a message that I saved on my voicemail. If I could figure out how to convert it to an audio file and attach it, I would.
    Quote Originally Posted by nhhendu View Post
    I think there may be a grain of truth to this. I've been exchanging emails on that dan@sprint.com address and, among many questions I had was a possible Pre release date.
    He says "We don't have any specific information on the Pre or about what plan would be required except that it should be launched on Feb. 15 of this year."
    Now, it could be a bunch of hogwash, but he did say it and it is on a message that I saved on my voicemail. If I could figure out how to convert it to an audio file and attach it, I would.
    If you use a treo, try getting the program "CallRec". It will record the call you make to your voicemail.
    June! for Palm it makes sense, but for market? aha, we'll see apple will beat it out of hell.
    i can call your number and leave the same message..
    Quote Originally Posted by nhhendu View Post
    But does Marty know the difference between a Pre and a Pro
    A june launch would work for me. I'm broke..don't want to be tempted to waste more money...which when that phone comes out I WILL BE TEMPTED!!!
    http://www.precentral.net/sprint-emp...h-not-so-crazy

Another source says that training seems to be happening.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    To me the confirmed 2/15 date for the Treo Pro signals to me that someone really did confused the Pre with the Pro.....then again... one is called the Palm Treo Pro, the other just the Palm Pre. Hmm...time to sit back and just wait and see what else transpires. I can't remember the last time I had so much anticipation for a phone. All other phones I bought so far were already out for a while before I bought them.

The Preo!!!

Yeah, there seems to be a lot of confusion over the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Didn't realise that you spoke a different language. In my 'neck of the woods' the first half encompasses 1st January to 30th June.
    LOL but when you've no clue, you give a timeframe and make it sound good. First half means June. Old news anyways..
    Why would you charge .99 and not a dollar? They didn't say June for the same reasons. First half sounded better.
    if it is Feb 15, why haven't we seen a real multi-day hands on review yet from Big Moss or Pogue or anyone? don't these guys typically get a review device a couple of weeks before the formal release?
    Maybe Palm is just trying to make everyone crazy with anticipation. Can you imagine the sales on the first day if it actually comes out on 2/15? One would think that if they could get it out that soon, it wouldn't make sense not to give a release date at CES, but look how much conversation the not knowing is generating! The mystery surrounding this device makes it more interesting to people.

I, for one, would have simply relaxed and waited until 2/15 if I had known that it would come out then. A steady flow of information would have made me less crazy. As it stands, I'm tearing my hair out every spare moment trying to find as much information as I can. Palm is playing hard to get, and it's working.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    It is very obvious that it is not Feb 15.

The next news we will hear from Palm at Mobile World Congress which is Feb 16-19. That probably means the introduction of GSM Pre, I suppose, and maybe some new info how Pre and webOS work.

There is no way Pre will launch during February.
Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast