Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    maybe 2/15 is an offer release date or the day you can get put on a waiting list? Or do they do this with phones?
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Maybe, just maybe, they release a working with the default apps version, and late they update OTA the OS with the robust-on-third party apps version of OS, and later launches the store and SDK. This way, it's perfectly possible an early (mid feb to mid march) CDMA version of the phone, and a late mid may-mid june GSM version with updated OS for both versions.

It makes sense, for me. Isn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    Maybe, just maybe, they release a working with the default apps version, and late they update OTA the OS with the robust-on-third party apps version of OS, and later launches the store and SDK. This way, it's perfectly possible an early (mid feb to mid march) CDMA version of the phone, and a late mid may-mid june GSM version with updated OS for both versions.

It makes sense, for me. Isn't it?
    I really don't think the App store is going to be released after the phone. Even if they release the SDK on the exact same day as the Pre there will still be a few 3rd party apps on day one brought to you by Palm's partners like Pandora. I seriously can't wait to see if the Pre really will be released in Feb/Mar
    Had a Palm for ever, dabled with WM for 6 months, happily back with my trust 680 .....

Anyone any idea when EU might see the Pre ?? ... looks/sounds like smartphone bliss
    we all love the thought of feb 15th .. (hehe, love, vaentine's day, play on words, get it? :-)

however, with out the price annoucnement, FCC crap, etc this doesn not seem likley. Not to menntion the numerous comments @ CES that the phone development was not complete.

Vyruz - thank you for speaking with your source again
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I tend to agree that the lack of FCC disclosure is not a big deal - as others have noted, the FCC is slightly less leaky than it used to be.

OTOH, all of the people who previewed the Pre hands-on at CES noted that the software still needed some work. Unless the CES phone was running an old build of WebOS (which is possible - demos are sometimes funny like that), it seems like Palm will still need a couple more months to polish it. My money is on sometime in May, FWIW. I'd like to be surprised, though.
    Maybe your friend was talking about the Palm PRO, not Pre....
    Or hopefully not.
    I think it is more likely that the SDK would be released before the phone but I see no reason why the Palm app store couldn't exist already. We wouldn't really know much about it before someone was able to access it on the phone right?
    Treo 180 (T-Mo) --> Treo 600 (T-Mo) --> Treo 180 (T-Mo) --> Treo 650 (T-Mo) --> Treo 650 NC (Cing) --> Treo 680 (Cing) --> Pre (Sprint)

I think it couldve been an announcement for that Worldwide Mobile COnference or its the Treo Pro. Both legitimate considering this source probably heard a date in passing.
    Well, it's probably not the pro's release date since it is available on the website today. We can keep our fingers crossed and hope.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    I was thinking (like many) that release would be March at the earliest. But more likely April or even May. However, If your source has to be wrong about something that he/she reported to you, then I hope they're wrong about the release date rather than the plan requirements.
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    we all love the thought of feb 15th .. (hehe, love, vaentine's day, play on words, get it? :-)

however, with out the price annoucnement, FCC crap, etc this doesn not seem likley. Not to menntion the numerous comments @ CES that the phone development was not complete.

Vyruz - thank you for speaking with your source again

We didn't know the pro's price until it was outed today.
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    maybe 2/15 is an offer release date or the day you can get put on a waiting list? Or do they do this with phones?

You can already sign up to be notified the day it's released.'

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    You can already sign up to be notified the day it's released.'

Good Luck
    i already did. Hopefully it comes, i cant stand my 800 anymore
    last time i posted info about the 800 malatesta got an email from palm police. The 800 WAS pushed back for software upgrades (ex. wm 6.0 to 6.1, and they tried to get picture messaging on it but it took too long o they released it after a month or so afterwards.

So im guessing that if none of these blog sites are geeting emails from palm police, it isnt coming out 2/15. But still this is what the guy/gal told me. Remember, i said take it with a grain of salt
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    i already did. Hopefully it comes, i cant stand my 800 anymore
    I'd rather have an 800 over the 755p right about now. I've been waiting patiently/impatiently for over a year for a phone that would be worth switching to on Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    I'd rather have an 800 over the 755p right about now. I've been waiting patiently/impatiently for over a year for a phone that would be worth switching to on Sprint.
    wanna swap? ill gladly take my old trusty 755p back!
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    last time i posted info about the 800 malatesta got an email from palm police. The 800 WAS pushed back for software upgrades (ex. wm 6.0 to 6.1, and they tried to get picture messaging on it but it took too long o they released it after a month or so afterwards.

So im guessing that if none of these blog sites are geeting emails from palm police, it isnt coming out 2/15. But still this is what the guy/gal told me. Remember, i said take it with a grain of salt
    Didn't you post the Sprint Roadmap? That's a little different than "this guy I know said...". Not to dismiss you or your source, I'm just guessing that Sprint can't (and doesn't want to) say anything about hearsay, but they can make people take down Sprint confidential material.
    ^^ you cant credit that to me. I took it off another site and posted.
    In my opinion Sprint is trying to confuse as a little based on what was said during the CES 2009 presentation. On one hand they say "first half of the year" which is a really broad 6 month span of time, on the other hand they say that they will get it to us as quickly as possible.

When combined, those statements don't make much sense. If it really was to come out in February, why not just say Q1 of 09? Did they just say first half of the year just in case some bug shows its ugly face just before the release?

Guess we'll find out soon enough. I have been with Sprint for around 8 years, and currently have a Sprint Touch, but although it's fun modding a WinMo phone, it crashing more frequently than I like, and it becoming sluggish and slow, along with memory disappearing just makes me want to look for something new, and the Pre is about as new and exciting as it gets!
Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast