Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32373839404142
    Hmm...too bad you can't look at any of that stuff, but at least it's some possible evidence that it's been through the FCC. I mean, if you think about it, would they allow anyone to use the thing in public if it hadn't passed yet? What's that guys name again from that company that injected Palm with some cash and shows his Pre around in public?
    Oh yeah...forgot about that damn Pro.... that's probably it.
    I think the Pro stuff was already released. Once the phone is released its no longer confidential, and some people already bought Pros.
    So what is the FCC code/pages for the Sprint Pro?
    I think the Pro is the one that says confidentiality expired 1/08/09. That seems closer to right for Pro.
    I'm new to this FCC stuff, so cut me some slack. What I want to do is search for the iphone or other known phones and see the confidentiality date vs. actual release, but I haven't figured it all out yet.
    This shows the Pro, with the expected release date of 1/08. I'm thinking that this corresponds to the documents labeled 1/08 on the first page. So in other words some documents on the broader search might refer to Pro. The 1/08 date is linked to the Pro. That doesn't explain the April date.

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/...%27O8F-SKYC%27
    Quote Originally Posted by Captweez View Post
    I'm new to this FCC stuff, so cut me some slack.
    Sorry, I didn't mean any hostility with my post. I was genuinely curious about what the Sprint Treo Pro FCC code is (if this is not it)
    SKYC is definitely the code for the Sprint Treo Pro. C for CDMA, and SKYG is the GSM Treo Pro.
    Hmm... your probably right, sorry for getting over excited. I didn't realize that after the dash indicated a specific product. Thought that was company only. :-( I was making my guesses based on the date.
    Last edited by Captweez; 02/21/2009 at 11:14 PM.
    It was still a good effort. Nothing wrong with sharing and digging for info. : )
    there is nothing on FCC but I can tell you for a fact that Sprint has contracted large amounts of media buys, print, web, tv, for early mid April.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    there is nothing on FCC but I can tell you for a fact that Sprint has contracted large amounts of media buys, print, web, tv, for early mid April.
    Aero, darling.

Two questions.

1. What is "early mid" April? Aren't the two terms mutually exclusive??? We want specifics! LOL J/K
    2. And if I may ask, how did you find out about the media buys? I'm just curious and want to know how to find similar info in the future.
    justjill3

Palm Pre!!!,Treo 755p, Treo 650, more Palm devices in the past, ect., ect., etc.
    Running Datebk6, Takephone, Butler, Technician, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Cleanup, Uninstall, Splash Suite, Zlauncher, Reset Doctor, SafeGuard, Power Hero, Audible, Audio Gateway...
    Quote Originally Posted by justjill3 View Post
    Aero, darling.
    Two questions.
    1. What is "early mid" April? Aren't the two terms mutually exclusive??? We want specifics! LOL J/K
    2. And if I may ask, how did you find out about the media buys? I'm just curious and want to know how to find similar info in the future.
    a)by mid early I mean second and third week out of five.

b) i have friends, in paid advertising business. I have zero hints on Palm buys. You cant find this kind of stuff published because most buys are bought through agency, not by maker, and not tagged to a product. Certain agencies in fact specialize as media buying agencies.

It is entirely possible that the buys could be a) delayed and credited if the product is delayed. and b) of course sprint could also substitute off the shelf generic other product ads if they get delayed on Pre (if the big buys are for Pre), or c) simply run them anyway as happened with the the Pro adverting showing u in economist and Forbes the past three weeks.

It isn't definitive because other considerations in timelines such as testing would trump Just a pointer that could indicate that certain departments are looking at mid April (Sunday, typical product launch would be 12 April).
    aaaahhh! My birthday: Apr. 9th. Perfect gift to self.

Seriously, thanks for the explanation. I [B]thought[B]you might have inside sources. I was just hoping they were open. Ah well. This is an exercise in patience.
    justjill3

Palm Pre!!!,Treo 755p, Treo 650, more Palm devices in the past, ect., ect., etc.
    Running Datebk6, Takephone, Butler, Technician, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Cleanup, Uninstall, Splash Suite, Zlauncher, Reset Doctor, SafeGuard, Power Hero, Audible, Audio Gateway...
    Quote Originally Posted by justjill3 View Post
    Seriously, thanks for the explanation. I [B]thought[B]you might have inside sources. I was just hoping they were open. Ah well. This is an exercise in patience.
    I have no inside sprint or palm sources. I do have friends who watch media buys
    So, ah, thread resurrect. Anybody figured out the SKU yet?

Treos are some variation of PTR + Treo # + a handful of random letters.
    OMG!!! I need this f...ing phone to be on streets right now!!!

Imagine if all of you where expecting the GSM version to launch!!! I need to finish my CDMA penitence and start right now my GSM penitence!!! I'm european, we have to wait much more than you, folks!!!
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32373839404142