Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3136373839404142 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    So she was confused. The published timeline to the stores was Jan 21 brightpoint (business custmers) and Jan 25 full release for the Treo Pro. There was never ever anything on the Pro given to employees saying Feb 15.
    Yes there was.

Sprint Treo Pro not being released the 15th, new date TBD : Boy Genius Report

Playbook reference here stating the OLD 2/15 date is now being pushed back.
    Yet another one...........
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Did anyone notice that the Palm Centro got released on October 14, 2007? which is a Sunday......... I know because I went searching for that phone the day it got released -- plus I just googled it to double-check -- and it was sold out everywhere!!!

So, the releasing the Pre on a Sunday is definitely possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by peemmfivekay View Post
    Did anyone notice that the Palm Centro got released on October 14, 2007? which is a Sunday......... I know because I went searching for that phone the day it got released -- plus I just googled it to double-check -- and it was sold out everywhere!!!

So, the releasing the Pre on a Sunday is definitely possible.
    To repeat from other threads, it's custom for Sprint to release phones on Sundays.
    Date, price is aLWAYS 100% selected by carrier. And 90% of promotion, marketing and adverting is done by carrier.
    Was this the case with AT&T and Apple on the Iphone?

You don't think Apple told AT&T how much to charge?

Advertising...90% AT&T?
    It better not be $250 on contract or they will lose massive amounts of sales to the iPhone (3G and 2.0/Nano) and soon coming new HTC devices.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    add this to another "I heard from a customer service rep and he/she wasn't confused" thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    It better not be $250 on contract or they will lose massive amounts of sales to the iPhone (3G and 2.0/Nano) and soon coming new HTC devices.
    Personally I think $250 is acceptable, but the very highest price that the market would accept. I hope it'll come in at $200 though.
    if by "$250 on contract", you mean..upgrade to this phone, and renewing your contract for 2 years.... that wouldn't be bad at all! I'm actually hoping for that kind of price. I remember paying $300+ to upgrade to the Samsung A900 two phones ago and that's with the Sprint upgrade discount :-p
    the guy i spoke to today at the store (i went in acting like i did not know any thing about the pre) and was looking around. i asked about the business phones and he pushed a few onto me. i inquired about any new phones and after a while he mentioned the Pre. he did say it would not be out until JUNE, maybe late may.

he went on to discuss how the Pro has been pushed back two times now but should be a few more weeks, perhaps the end of the month.

i am thinking, why would they bring out the pre so fast after the pro. they would loose too many pro sales.

most people are not on here daily like we are to see what is going on. i just happen to check new sprint phones from time to time and got lucky and stumbled apon the pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by peemmfivekay View Post
    if by "$250 on contract", you mean..upgrade to this phone, and renewing your contract for 2 years.... that wouldn't be bad at all! I'm actually hoping for that kind of price. I remember paying $300+ to upgrade to the Samsung A900 two phones ago and that's with the Sprint upgrade discount :-p
    I am just thinking if the iPhone is going to drop to $99 in a new contract in June, there really isn't a reason for people to get a Pre (From an outsider's point of view; IE. does not know much about the Pre)
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    That 99 iphone is rumored to be a stripped down (not much to strip down obviously..3g? gps?) version of what is already considered a beginner's smartphone (iphone 3g). Or basically the original iphone.

Its targeting the dumbphone users who need a cheaper, but still much overpriced, plan and would be happy with the original iphone.

Pretty clever to take your first iphone and remarket it as an entry level iphone I guess it really makes it an entry level beginners smartphone instead of merely being a beginner's smartphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard Jr View Post
    the guy i spoke to today at the store (i went in acting like i did not know any thing about the pre) and was looking around. i asked about the business phones and he pushed a few onto me. i inquired about any new phones and after a while he mentioned the Pre. he did say it would not be out until JUNE, maybe late may.

he went on to discuss how the Pro has been pushed back two times now but should be a few more weeks, perhaps the end of the month.

i am thinking, why would they bring out the pre so fast after the pro. they would loose too many pro sales.

most people are not on here daily like we are to see what is going on. i just happen to check new sprint phones from time to time and got lucky and stumbled apon the pre.
    Think you have to look at the Pre and the Pro as two, almost non-competiting devices. They will compete a little on the consumer side, but I believe Sprint is really bringing the Pro to market for the business accounts that are standarized on WM and will wait out the Pre for a while to see where it goes. Really, the Diamond and Touch Pro are not a typical business guy/gal's WM phone and the 800w failed. They got to have something in the line up for "keyboard on top" WM users.
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    It sounds like from Dan Hesse's comments in this article.

Sprint CEO: Google Phone Coming, Will Launch Palm Pre When Ready (S)
    Hesse has commented on this before. He basically states, "The device will be on sale when we're damned well ready." whenever someone asks him about this phone. The release date is still up in the air if you ask me.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    Nevermind Nothing to see here. :-(

I was browsing around looking for clues and I found this.

Palm Pre Release Date - Page 2 - Palm Pre Forums | Everything Palm Pre and Treo

User Neutrino points out that a device that was tested in October is being held confidential until 4/16/2009. He suggests this is usually near the expected release of the phone.

You can see what he's talking about yourself here:
    https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/...='O8F-SKYC'

I don't know any more then that, and I'm not claiming to. At first glance it does seem a little more creditable then some other info we've been getting. Thought you guys might like to know. I want to see in in March too, but I'll listen to any clues I can get.
    Last edited by Captweez; 02/21/2009 at 11:15 PM.
    Isn't that the Treo 850w?
    Have you called any Sprint or BB employees to see what they think?

Just kidding,
    Thanks for sharing.
    Just call me Berd.
    Yeah, this rumor has been out for a while. FCC has a disclosure clause that allows you to hold after approval. I somehow don't think this is right though. I don't think the Pre's hardware was finalized. So I don't think the Pre is said device. Sorry, don't want to totally dismiss this one, but I don't think it's related to the Pre.
    interesting...but doesn't necessarily mean anything. they could still release it before 4/16