Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    the 100% of most facts are made up

haha i think 2/15 is out of reach, but you never know???

I thought myself march/april was gonna be the dates
    I had thought maybe the 15th of May. But unfortunately I will pay to be a beta tester and I would get the phone on 2-15 if it is released. I am not too confident at this point but I hope this guy is right
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844 View Post
    I had thought maybe the 15th of May. But unfortunately I will pay to be a beta tester and I would get the phone on 2-15 if it is released. I am not too confident at this point but I hope this guy is right

also I hope that is right with no SE plan required, another competitive edge for Palm over Apple!
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844 View Post
    also I hope that is right with no SE plan required, another competitive edge for Palm over Apple!
    This would be HUGE! 3rd party apps are a big thing now-a-days and if palm can get most developers on board with reasonably priced phones and cheap plans, they'll come out on top!
    Let's hope Apple does not sue -- especially BEFORE it is released.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    So what's the deal with the FCC and how it could affect this date? Do they only have to release information at approval or would we know if it had even been submitted to the FCC? If we would see documents when they were submitted, then 2/15 is highly unlikely.
    I have reliable information that the Pre will ship in limited quantities by 6/30.

Honestly, I don't expect it before then.
    Quote Originally Posted by nlowhor View Post
    So what's the deal with the FCC and how it could affect this date? Do they only have to release information at approval or would we know if it had even been submitted to the FCC? If we would see documents when they were submitted, then 2/15 is highly unlikely.
    The FCC has gotten better about keeping submissions confidential after several high-profile accidental leaks over the last several years. Palm may well have submitted the device for approval and we wouldn't know it.

I am normally a total cynic, but Palm has an anomalously good track record of shipping real quantities ahead of expectations (see the Centro launch) so shipping early isn't out of the question. Still, 2/15 would be shockingly early.
    Quote Originally Posted by vga4life View Post
    I have reliable information that the Pre will ship in limited quantities by 6/30.

Honestly, I don't expect it before then.
    I'd have to say 6/30 is EXTREMELY unlikely. Palm would be shooting themselves in the foot. They know that the 3rd gen iphone will likely be announced if not released around that time, so to wait until 6/30 would be suicide for their product. The Pre seems polished enough to be released well before that date, so there's no reason to hold off that long.

(and I know you were joking... just wanted to say that in case people took it seriously)
    February is way too soon.... maybe the SDK release would be more accurate.

They should not rush the Pre to market too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by vga4life View Post
    The FCC has gotten better about keeping submissions confidential after several high-profile accidental leaks over the last several years. Palm may well have submitted the device for approval and we wouldn't know it.

I am normally a total cynic, but Palm has an anomalously good track record of shipping real quantities ahead of expectations (see the Centro launch) so shipping early isn't out of the question. Still, 2/15 would be shockingly early.
    That's very true, though Palm has already revealed the device, so theoretically there's no reason to keep hiding the information. But I'd be willing to bet it'll probably show up at least a month before the actual release date.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    February is way too soon.... maybe the SDK release would be more accurate.

They should not rush the Pre to market too much.
    I'd agree with you on the first part, but on the second, I think rushing the Pre out is crucial. They've been working on the Pre and/or WebOS for a few years now and it seems pretty polished. I think the hardware needs to be pretty close to perfect, but the software can have a few minor kinks on release day. Even the almighty iPhone has had plenty of problems and updates over the years, and the iPhone 3G had even more problems. I don't believe that Palm has the ability to be that lax with their quality control, but software can and will be updated and as long as the hardware has no problems, then the Pre should be shipped well before the new Android and iPhones come out.
    Quote Originally Posted by nlowhor View Post
    i cant remember but there were several phones that didnt show up on the FCC website until a few days before they were released
    im just as skeptic as everyone else. if he said 3/15 i would have believed him more.
    http://sprintusers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=181304

sprint users saying the same thing?
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Why are we all assuming the SDK will be released before the Pre? Apple didn't do it that way with the iPhone....wasn't it like a year later or something? Maybe they are just trying to get it out the door or maybe the SDK and Pre will be released simultaneously.
    The iPhone didn't launch with an App store.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    The iPhone didn't launch with an App store.
    +1

Apple didn't originally want anyone to develop apps for the iPhone. It took awhile before apple realized that this would be a serious mistake. Like always Apple had a very Apple centric (read CLOSED) attitude towards the iPhone, but branched out of that mindset because they were forced to. Palm on the other hand has been VERY interested in working with developers and make webOS as easy to program for as possible (using web languages). I'd say the only way the SDK will be released on the same day as the Pre is if the release date truely is 2/15.
    I just don't want Palm to do a "Blackberry Storm" and set out a laggy, crash Prone phone that will have regular users returning them in droves. crackberry . com is a bloodbath with battery issues, crashes, battery pulls, VERY laggy software. RIM is making great strides with its leaked beta OS's but hopefully it's not to late.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    The marketing email did say

"It'll be here before you know it."

To me that means soon. At least that's what I am hoping for.
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    I just don't want Palm to do a "Blackberry Storm" and set out a laggy, crash Prone phone that will have regular users returning them in droves. crackberry . com is a bloodbath with battery issues, crashes, battery pulls, VERY laggy software. RIM is making great strides with its leaked beta OS's but hopefully it's not to late.
    I agree that The Blackberry storm was a disaster, but personally I feel like no amount of software fixes will make up for the BAD design of the Storm. No offense to the guy that tattoo'd it on his leg, but I tried the Storm at a Verizon store, and I was just confused at how anyone would find the idea of a clicking screen useful. I used to talk at great lengths about how cool it would be to have an on screen keyboard with physical feedback, but this was NOT a successful implementation. I sat there for awhile just trying to figure out if it was just me or it was truly a bad idea, and I still can't figure out what they were thinking. I've heard of a few people "getting used to it", but most of the people I know that got one, returned them immediately. I doubt that they'll be selling many more of them after the updates.
Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast