Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 29343536373839404142 LastLast
    If it is slated for 5/10 this is my face...

<---
    Quote Originally Posted by celsian View Post
    Sprint Palm Pre to Launch on 5/10/09 : EVDOinfo.com

Can anyone confirm this? I will be supremely disappointed if it's true.
    I'm really pulling for a March release.

Edit: I'm just confused because I can't seem to find any supporting evidence for their claim. I can say the Pre is coming out 2/18/2009, but I need to show proof. They have none...
    How about this to give you hope - isn't Best Buy supposed to have an exclusive? Say 30-60 days? 60 Days would place the Sprint/Best Buy release at around March 11th! Just more speculation .....
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    By then, new iphone blurry cam would have surfaced.
    I am a happy iphone user looking to buy the Pre but if there is a new Iphone in June (with a real OS update) and a May/June GSM Pre, the later might lose a sell from me.
    March Launch and I would buy it without thinking :-)
    sorry, this sounds like nonsense. I've never been to evdoinfo.com and really have no clue how reliable they are, but I'm starting to think if I posted some BS site with an announced release date, I'd have a grip of people believe it.
    Quote Originally Posted by celsian View Post
    If it is slated for 5/10 this is my face...

<---
    Why? That is better than June. The istory is that handsets come at the end of announced target windows, if not after. May 10 is six weeks early! That woudl be great.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    sorry, this sounds like nonsense. I've never been to evdoinfo.com and really have no clue how reliable they are, but I'm starting to think if I posted some BS site with an announced release date, I'd have a grip of people believe it.
    The more I read their site the more I think it was just a plug in order to get people to buy from them, screw that.

I don't like being taken.
    Just like mobile city online, EVDOinfo just picked a date and put it up. Dont think that they have any special insight.
    Have you EVER seen EVDOInfo tossed around any mobile forums as a leading site with legit insight? I know who they are, but you never see them popping up on Engadget or here or anywhere that I frequent.

Good guess though - the TC folks should get a guess the date contest going!
    Quote Originally Posted by CannonFodder View Post
    How about this to give you hope - isn't Best Buy supposed to have an exclusive? Say 30-60 days? 60 Days would place the Sprint/Best Buy release at around March 11th! Just more speculation .....
    If this is this is to be taken seriously, I think it's based idea that EVDOinfo is planning to fulfill orders ~60 days after BB's exclusive. If we're to get a early/mid March release date by Sprint & BB, that should allow other distributor to start offering it ~5/10.
    I just sent them an email to see if they respond with where they got that date from. It seems unlikely that they would have the date and no one else knows....such as sprint reps. And I would also think that before Palm or Sprint told anyone that would tell the general public like that, they would send out their email to people who signed up to be notified when the release date is. Just my thoughts...I'm still banking on March 15th.
    I will be shocked if the Pre comes out before June.
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Down at the bottom of the click through, it says "***The Palm Pre will be available on Sprint's network on approximately May 10, 2009. To be notified when the Palm Pre is available, send an email to palmpre@3gstore.com***"

Looking at the 3GStore, under Sprint Phones/PDAs, they have it listed for $399: "Availability: Tentative launch date of May 10th, 2009, ONLY on Sprint!"
    Sprint Phones/PDAs : 3Gstore.com, Verizon & Sprint EVDO Modems, Antennas, Amplifiers, Routers

So it looks like this is coming from 3GStore, who are located in Cary, IL.

Edit: For some reason the URL for the 3GStore, automatically gets set to the text "Sprint Phones/PDAs : 3Gstore.com, Verizon & Sprint EVDO Modems, Antennas, Amplifiers, Routers". What's up with that?

Edit #2, I guess I should have known this, it loosk like EVDOinfo.com and 3GStore.com are the same people.
    Last edited by Miner; 02/16/2009 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Edit 1 and 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric1285 View Post
    I will be shocked if the Pre comes out before June.

I don't think they'll wait till June, Palm knows hype is only hype, you need to get the product out to actually get a following, as much as time as we spend on these boards, the average non-techie people will need to see it first.
    Ok, So I posted in the forum over at EVDO where they made this announcement. They had a Thread for the announcement. Here is my post.

"I have noticed that currently you are the only site reporting this release date. I am curious how you have aquired this date. As far as I know there has been no official release date from palm at this time, and with a phone that is as highly anitcipated as this one, I gaurantee you that if there was an official release date, it would be all over the net by now"

And here it the quite humorous Reply from the Site Admin -

"we used a highly sophisticated CDMA algorithm applied to the many releases we've found from Sprint and Palm about the Pre.

we combined that with information we've gleaned from our EVDO tarot cards and Rev-A Crystal Ball that we're not allowed to show pictures of.

regardless of what anyone thinks... we stand by our announcement, and of course reserve the right to amend it as necessary since we are dealing with a cellular carrier -- who has in the past said one thing and meant another and another."

LOL......
    Quote Originally Posted by deleonj1225 View Post

I don't think they'll wait till June, Palm knows hype is only hype, you need to get the product out to actually get a following, as much as time as we spend on these boards, the average non-techie people will need to see it first.
    Except that Palm also knows that hype + botched early release is a lot worse than slightly less hype + solid final product.

Besides, when a company says 1H what they really mean is June. When's the last time you heard a company announce a product for "under $400" and had the final price be anything other than $399?
    Quote Originally Posted by lastdetailwd View Post
    I just sent them an email to see if they respond with where they got that date from. It seems unlikely that they would have the date and no one else knows....such as sprint reps. And I would also think that before Palm or Sprint told anyone that would tell the general public like that, they would send out their email to people who signed up to be notified when the release date is. Just my thoughts...I'm still banking on March 15th.
    it's the pro that's coming out on 3/15...
    Switched from the iPhone to Treo Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric1285 View Post
    Besides, when a company says 1H what they really mean is June. When's the last time you heard a company announce a product for "under $400" and had the final price be anything other than $399?
    Though I would generally agree with you, in this case I truly believe that Palm will be shooting themselves in the foot by not releasing until June. They know it and we know it. The next gen Iphone will likely be announced by June/July and they're not gonna take a chance at losing all those customers to Apple... again. From all the demos and info we've received so far, it seems like the Pre and webOS is pretty polished. It could probably use some tweaks here and there, but overall seems decent enough to release and update. I feel like the hardware is the only thing that needs to be finalized and locked down, the software part can and will be updated over the air.
    First of all, we know this is totally made up. The say the Pre will be $399 with contract. $399 without contract is more like it. With a contract, it would have to be $199 or lower. They said it would be competitive with the iPhone in price.
    Quote Originally Posted by dd4618 View Post
    it's the pro that's coming out on 3/15...
    Bull there is no date for the Pro, the date is ASAP. It just depends on finishing a rom flash and distributing to outlets somewhat evenly. As soon as they do that it will launch, it maybe tomorrow it maybe in two weeks. The advertising is already running in paid media my latest forbes has an ad for Sprint Treo Pro(there is no paid media adverting of Pre)
    i have been a sprint user since january of 2001. and have purchased a phone about every 9 months to a year (yea im hard on phones). i have not seen a phone of this stature to go for less then 550. look at the 6700. hell look at the highest phone now. this phone blowes that one out of the water. i am saying 550 min.

i agree with the later release date. i would like to see a may release, for some reason that makes the most since to me, but if i have to get a more solid product and wait a month, i would rather wait. plus there will be more apps available.

how long did google release their programing, before they released the G1? i believe it was at least 3 months earlier. could be the same thing with the webOS. makes since so we have plenty of apps at launch. i know i want that.