Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2833343536373839404142 LastLast
    This new video is definitely aimed at the business customer. Wonder if that means the STP is just going to fade away...?
    I read somewhere...forgot where, that there won't be a Palm Press event at Barcelona, unlike what they did at CES, so...if that is true, that would sort of rule out just an "introduction". Ah well, we'll know soon enough.
    Out of curiosity, I know that the show starts February 16th, but what time? I mean I know there's not any press conference like CES, but when I wake up tomorrow (since Spain is 6 hours ahead of me) can I expect there to be more Pre information from the show?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin C View Post
    This new video is definitely aimed at the business customer. Wonder if that means the STP is just going to fade away...?
    Uh, no it is to combat Palm's longstanding quotes and claims it is aimed at the consumer big fat middle. They are trying to change their own early marketing.

As far as the Treo Pro, Enterprise is not going to pick up the Pre until it has been out quite a while, probably six months or so. You might as well say Enterprise will pick up the WebOS when Pre is "fading away" for the next model!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki View Post
    It's in someones aunts closet....
    Yeah but that aunt was in the attic
    I think it will be at least a month before it's released but check out Palm's website: Palm USA - Mobile Products for Consumers, Professionals, and Businesses
    It now says introducing, not coming soon.
    It always said that. When you click "Notify me", it takes you to the main Pre page. There it says "coming soon"
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Ok, just to fan the flames a bit, I have two pieces of info:

First, on Friday I spent about 45 minutes on the phone with Sprint tele-sales. I've never been too terribly impressed with them, but this particular female CSA seemed to be very motivated. I told her a little white lie just to see when it would lead me. I told her that I had just seen UPS delivering Pre's to a local store and that I "knew" that they were going to be launched on Sunday the 15th and that I wanted to know how to reserve two of them since I was going to be out of town on business and unable to get to the store. She kept putting me on hold to call other departments. Through the course of this call she told me that the 15th was only a "tentative" launch date, but she asked me several times if I would be available Monday morning. When I said no, she asked if my wife would be available Monday morning. AT this point I was still thinking Sunday and figuring that she just wouldn't be working and wanted to push me to Monday. She seemed pretty adamant about contacting me Monday morning. So that brings me to info #2.

Vincent Nguyen (twitter Nguyen) tweeted the following this evening: "Mon sched is NOTpretty! Jammed packed w/briefings & press conf. Yes, Palm Pre briefing is 1st! TwitPic - Share photos on twitter #MeetPre #MWC09"

Check out the link to the twitpic. It is a private Palm Pre briefing, so I doubt seriously if it is THE launch, but you can be sure I'll be looking first thing when I wake up!
    at the NEC show they said they still have a few bugs to work out and other hardware issues to set in concrete. they dont even know all the apps that will be available.

sprint has had bad luck with pushing phones out too soon. i would rather have a solid perfromer straight from the box then to deal with problems while im still excited about it.

i purchased the Instinct for my wife and had to swap it within 30 days due to a defective product.

dont get me wrong i want this phone so bad i can not stand it. im using the htc 6800 now and im tired of it but i need a work horse not a toy and that is all that sprint has out right now....toys.

plus they have to make them. i would think it would take at least 30 days to make enough to provide the the u.s. with enough to go around.

i am thinking April.....at best
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    It always said that. When you click "Notify me", it takes you to the main Pre page. There it says "coming soon"
    Yeah..I was just about to say that....

I hope they will keep releasing more videos like the calendar one...that would be awesome.... especially if the wait will prolong into the spring and summer!
    shrug...my business rep will ship it to my office the day he's allowed to order it from the warehouse. Could care less about whining about when. It's not like my Centro is crap.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    No crying needed! Feb 15th was highly optimistic!! Besides, we saw the writing on the wall. I didnt get an email from Sprint and I am sure they wouldve given plenty notice.

Now, what are they gonna do for MWC...? C'mon Palm, give me more details!!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by Young HoV 718 View Post
    how can they be introducing the pre if it was already introduced at ces, this article is stupid because we all know palm will introduce the gsm version at mwc and then hopefully give us a date for sprint launch.
    Impossible to expect a Sprint date from MWC. Makers NEVER announce Carrier release dates. Never. Sprint is not at the conference. The Mobile world congress is the "GSM Association" annual event.

The article is not "stupid." Introducing a phone in GSM, with 10x as many user base as Sprint is news.

In any case launch and launch date are not the same. They expected to announce future launch as in agreement with a carrier. Vodaphone was rumored to be the carrier and the GSM alphas or betas spotted at MWC have voda sim cards but there hasn't been an announcement yet
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin C View Post
    I disagree, the video shows him managing both his business life and his personal life, all from the same calendar.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Sprint Palm Pre to Launch on 5/10/09 : EVDOinfo.com

Can anyone confirm this? I will be supremely disappointed if it's true.
    I'm really pulling for a March release.

Edit: I'm just confused because I can't seem to find any supporting evidence for their claim. I can say the Pre is coming out 2/18/2009, but I need to show proof. They have none...
    Last edited by celsian; 02/16/2009 at 03:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by celsian View Post
    Early May sounds early to me. who knows
    There doesn't seem to be any evidence given on the site to back it up. Doesn't seem any more reliable than any of the other speculation around here.
    Quote Originally Posted by celsian View Post

Edit: I'm just confused because I can't seem to find any supporting evidence for their claim. I can say the Pre is coming out 2/18/2009, but I need to show proof. They have none...

That ties in with the release of the phone in the first half of 09. Still hoping for 2-17; 3-1; and 3-15! This may be true!! "drats"
    That's the problem with MWC, everything is focused on Europe and the GSM version of the Pre, so of course that wasn't the place to look to get a launch date. I really wonder where they got that date from!

The way I see it, May is better than June...or July for that matter, but still, like the others, I am rooting for some date in March instead.