Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 263132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
    Maybe these deliveries are the phones used for training and display. I rememeber the sprint store near me back in the 755p days telling me they had it in stock to train and play with ( 4 of them) 2 weeks before they were released. Always possible thats what these could be if this is legit.
    Honestly, if the Pre launches by March, it would exceed my expectations. On January 9th, I was expecting to wait until May/June.
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    I'm in NY abut 1o minutes from the bridge. if you are seriously interested, and can obtain the appropiate financing, I might be able to work a deal.

HeHe, At least I can smile about something today! Thanks for brokering the deal!
    Quote Originally Posted by NBENZ View Post
    So many stories and rumors going around....Palm please give us a date and price at mwc so i can sleep at night.
    Is it just me? I've started using Ping Me, and last night, in the middle of a GREAT dream (mind your manners) my phone pingged me. I JUMPED up hoping against hope for Feb. 15th. This is almost as exciting as the prospect of a date. No! Wait!!! Even MORE SO! I'll be able to PERSONALIZE my PHONE.

ROTFL
    justjill3

Palm Pre!!!,Treo 755p, Treo 650, more Palm devices in the past, ect., ect., etc.
    Running Datebk6, Takephone, Butler, Technician, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Cleanup, Uninstall, Splash Suite, Zlauncher, Reset Doctor, SafeGuard, Power Hero, Audible, Audio Gateway...
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post
    Vyruz - any way you can confirm this?

Thanks
    no
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    can we all long on @ 12 noon on 2/15 and have a crying session ?
    THeorethically speaking . . . ,

if it WERE to be set free 2/15, won't that mean I would have to be at my Sprint store at opening time? I mean, we're so close and there's been no publicity, so we will just have to show up, right???
    justjill3

Palm Pre!!!,Treo 755p, Treo 650, more Palm devices in the past, ect., ect., etc.
    Running Datebk6, Takephone, Butler, Technician, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Cleanup, Uninstall, Splash Suite, Zlauncher, Reset Doctor, SafeGuard, Power Hero, Audible, Audio Gateway...
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    I talked to a salesrep at my local sprint store today and she said they'd had no training on the Pre and it wouldn't be available until later this summer...bummer. I also chatted with a sprint rep online and she said there was no information available.

I guess we will all have to just wait this out
    Sam Martin - Paris,TX
    Palm Pre(v.1.4.1.1) - Sprint - Standard Battery - Touchstone -Motorola HT 820 - Motorokr S9-HD - Jabra BT8040 - Jabra BT530 - Jawbone Icon - Jabra Cruiser Bluetooth Speakerphone
    Quote Originally Posted by Sambo41 View Post
    I talked to a salesrep at my local sprint store today and she said they'd had no training on the Pre and it wouldn't be available until later this summer...bummer. I also chatted with a sprint rep online and she said there was no information available.

I guess we will all have to just wait this out
    When they said first half of 2009, it looks like they mean it.
    We all want the Pre sooooooo badly but we want Palm to get it right because it literally means the company's future.
    Ed Colligan said how badly Palm wants the Pre out too, but again, they got to get it right.
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    When they said first half of 2009, it looks like they mean it.
    We all want the Pre sooooooo badly but we want Palm to get it right because it literally means the company's future.
    Ed Colligan said how badly Palm wants the Pre out too, but again, they got to get it right.
    if i was a sales rep, i would try to sell everything in stock. Sales rep make up the most **** i have ever seen. Many many years ago I worked for ATT and Verizon and this was a typical practice. Managers would lie to peoples faces about new phones coming out so they can try to get the sell then. They didnt want someone holding off a week or 2 to come back only to loose the sale to another store. So they used to tell us to say the release date was later this year or in 6 months or we dont know but its not going to be soon. I remember this clearly on the launch of the motorola v600
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    if i was a sales rep, i would try to sell everything in stock. Sales rep make up the most **** i have ever seen. Many many years ago I worked for ATT and Verizon and this was a typical practice. Managers would lie to peoples faces about new phones coming out so they can try to get the sell then. They didnt want someone holding off a week or 2 to come back only to loose the sale to another store. So they used to tell us to say the release date was later this year or in 6 months or we dont know but its not going to be soon. I remember this clearly on the launch of the motorola v600
    It's interesting hearing this first hand from someone who's been involved in the industry. Fortunately, the only phone I've ever bought on launch day way the Treo 600 and I bought it directly from Palm. So I''ve never dealt with misinformation about release dates.

Tks for the insight VR
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    All people crying it doesnt come out rant here:

Ill start
    Wahhhhhhhhhh. Oh wait only 7 days until Feb 22nd YEAHHHHHH!!
    Hey, at least its finally almost time for MWC, so hopefully we'll have a lot more info soon.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    I saw this on Twitter.

Twitter / Lablz: preparing for Palm Pre launch

Clicking through leads you to their website at Applications - LablZ This seems to be some sort of web app dev company. I don't really know enough to interpret this. Are they involved in Mojo or are they just planning on developing something for the Pre?
    LMAO... my first post doesnt make sense! hahaha
    Or to be cynical since it's their only tweet... maybe they know having the words "Palm Pre" in it will help get a lot of traffic, and since what they do is AJAX stuff anyway it sort of fits.
    From their twitter page:

"Bio: Lablz turns data into iPhone, Pre, Android Web Apps. With Lablz non-developers and pros publish Enterprise cloud apps in minutes."

seems they just develop. Perhaps they have some sort of ETA on the SDK. ASAP AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $YMMV$ $RTFM$.
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Yeah I certainly can't argue with the cynical take on it.
    I'm hoping to see campers out in front of the Sprint stores in the late news tonight. But I seriously doubt it. Man I was hoping to have all day Monday (holiday) to play with the damn thing. WHY GOD WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Can I rant at the ranters? Stop wishing for a Feb release date! You might make it happen! I need more time to learn javascript so I can be better informed when I go to predevcamp!

Come on June release!! =P

Ok... no... April release in time for my birthday!
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic