Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 253031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
    can we all long on @ 12 noon on 2/15 and have a crying session ?
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    can we all long on @ 12 noon on 2/15 and have a crying session ?
    Deal!

Either that or....if for some completely miraculous reason it does come out that day, we'll have a contest who can post a pic of themselves with their Pre in hand first!

The winner gets to post a detailed review ! LOL...some honor, huh?
    Don't get your hopes up too much. Doesn't look like this one is confirmed, but...

Palm Pre is being delivered to Sprint shops? Release date imminent? | Palm WebOS Blog
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I still dont think there is much chance for anything being released within a couple of days even if stores are getting shipments of pre's already... but you never know. I think palm will give us the release date/price news next week at mwc..maybe an early march release. That would be nice.
    Yeah. I'm not taking too much stock into this guy's tweet. It's still a little something.

I find it interesting that there have been a few Pre's spotted in the wild as of late. Definately means the ball is rolling... If just a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    Don't get your hopes up too much. Doesn't look like this one is confirmed, but...

Palm Pre is being delivered to Sprint shops? Release date imminent? | Palm WebOS Blog

Just saw this post and called one of the Fort Worth Stores and spoke with the manager, Mellaine and she said Sprint will not release the Pre without training and that they have had the training on the Pro. She did mention that more training was coming on the March 23 (she did not say for what device), (I thinks she was a little elusive but she said definitely the Pre was not going to be released on Sunday and it would not be released till their sales people had training on the device. I told her she had burst my bubble! I will call Telesales, I so want to believe this post; maybe someone can sell me the Brooklyn Bridge today!
    I just spoke with customer care and they said 1st week in march. Maybe that 3:01 on the screen of the pre DOES have some meaning...
    ugh
    da Gimp

They aren't really Pre phones. Whats really happening is corporate is sending them all Guy Fox masks.
    Quote Originally Posted by lastdetailwd View Post
    I just spoke with customer care and they said 1st week in march. Maybe that 3:01 on the screen of the pre DOES have some meaning...

Just called Sprint Premiers number and asked rep "Brad Peterson" definitely a Filipino and asked him if any chance we would be able to get the Palm Pre on Sunday, He said, wait a moment and I will check;

After 2-3 mins he came back on the line and told me that had been the date (2-15; for release of the Pro) that the Pre is scheduled for 3-15 and he had the names correct and He did know the different between the Pre and the Pro. Of course stranger things have happen and we still could see the Pre on Sunday but I will not start counting my chickens or eggs yet!! SHOOT
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    ugh
    ditto ugh
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Perhaps the announcement at MWC will be a "The Pre is available TODAY!" Boy, all this stuff just really keeps my hopes up too much. I really need for a date to be announced, even if it's a long way away, so I can relax and not think about it.
    hmmm, interesting theory, would a big product like that be cold launched?

ie

WMC.

"pre is available today."

that would be something very different in the business world.

I can't see it. Palm HAVE to hit big with this product, that means some sort of pre launch hype to get public attention.

WE know what the product is, and WE want it. but most people don't know.

so 15/2 I'd love to, but no no way.

it's gonna be launched early to mid march and ride off the back of some great announcement at WMC.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    How would the UPS guy know what's in the box?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    How would the UPS guy know what's in the box?
    That's what I was thinking

Quote Originally Posted by maltese_falcon View Post
    hmmm, interesting theory, would a big product like that be cold launched?

ie

WMC.

"pre is available today."

that would be something very different in the business world.

I can't see it. Palm HAVE to hit big with this product, that means some sort of pre launch hype to get public attention.
    It's happened before. Apple seems to do it all the time. They reveal a product and go "It's available now" or "It will be available tomorrow"
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    It's happened before. Apple seems to do it all the time. They reveal a product and go "It's available now" or "It will be available tomorrow"
    I think the reason apple can do that is because their announcements are HUGE events and everyone in the media attends and hypes it up immediately. MWC is a huge event, but honestly, I didn't even know what MWC was people first started talking about it at CES. Though I'm sure the Pre will get a ton of coverage, its not like an Apple event.
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post

Just saw this post and called one of the Fort Worth Stores and spoke with the manager, Mellaine and she said Sprint will not release the Pre without training and that they have had the training on the Pro. She did mention that more training was coming on the March 23 (she did not say for what device), (I thinks she was a little elusive but she said definitely the Pre was not going to be released on Sunday and it would not be released till their sales people had training on the device. I told her she had burst my bubble! I will call Telesales, I so want to believe this post; maybe someone can sell me the Brooklyn Bridge today!
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844 View Post
    I'm in NY abut 1o minutes from the bridge. if you are seriously interested, and can obtain the appropiate financing, I might be able to work a deal.
    da Gimp

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    So many stories and rumors going around....Palm please give us a date and price at mwc so i can sleep at night.
    Vyruz - any way you can confirm this?

Thanks