Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 222728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
    What I was able to obtain from two sources, both Sprint employees.

1) A Sprint Solutions Consultant - is hearing May but not a specific date

2) A Sprint Public Sector Account Executive - thought it would be earlier than May but hasn't seen anything on it lately.

Neither had anything concrete
    Hopefully they'll keep me posted as further details are leaked.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Wouldn't it be funny if it was released on the 15th?
    Quote Originally Posted by lastdetailwd View Post
    Wouldn't it be funny if it was released on the 15th?
    Funny you would mention that. Last night at around 4 am, I started to listen to the podcast and Dieter and the other guy were talking about the release date as well. I went to bed and had the weirdest dream.... I got an email from Sprint and a call from my buddy working for Sprint saying the Pre is here now! I went to the mall to get one....but what it landed up being was just a odd piece of hardware, a strange phone where nothing seemed layed out logically and was really hard to use. At this point in time I am not sure if I am dreaming or if this is real. Later on it came out it was a publicity stunt from Sprint...lol...weird *** dream.

I think I am obsessed with that phone, I mean come on, what normal person dreams of early release dates!
    I dreampt about the phone 2 days ago. I was checking the net for any tidbit of news on it for about 3 hours before I went to bed. Then here comes the weird dream. I can barely remember what it was about though. Besides that it had to do with the Pre.
    I'm still holding out hope that we will see it on sunday, but I kinda doubt it is it does not have an ad in fridays USA today like all sprints other big launch phones.
    I just spoke with my Sprint rep who is very reliable. She READ the email to me from Sprint today that says the Pre release will be slightly delayed from Feb 15 until the 22. Not long!!
    hahaaaa that is so funny...... that is a Monday not a Sunday
    I know. That is what the email said
    Her email was about the Pro
    Just call me Berd.
    *looks at calender...twice...* hmmm...my calender says the 22nd is a Sunday...
    she said pre
    Did anyone notice that it's Groundhog Day today?
    As much as I'd like to believe this, I'm thinking it's very unlikely that a major phone like the Pre will be released with absolutely no advertising behind it. If it was really supposed to come out this sunday then they're doing a horrible job getting the word out.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    As much as I'd like to believe this, I'm thinking it's very unlikely that a major phone like the Pre will be released with absolutely no advertising behind it. If it was really supposed to come out this sunday then they're doing a horrible job getting the word out.
    I agree - it needs some pre-release (no pun intended) hype just like the Storm had. Maybe the Storm was not an iPhone type launch, but there were lines at many stores around the country when it launched and that was cool. Sell a crap load of them on the first few days before the user reports get out (in case it is not so great as the Storm was - er, was not).

And no way the PRE is coming in less than two weeks and we have no blurry pictures posted yet! The best evidence we have yet is the EOL document that showed Pre's were to be in the warehouse by 3/15.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Her email was about the Pro
    Pre, Pro. Tomato, Tomahto.
    Current Phone(s): HTC Inspire "4G" & Pre 2
    u mean it's not being released this weekend ?
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    love to see someone like BG release that email if it existed

And again, that would be a horrible marketing job by sprint/palm if it releases without any adds!
    i'm a creative perosn, but i can think of little to no reason to release a phone, one which is so important to both of these companies, w/o a significant marketing push. none
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    get ur friend in touch with bgr
    Oh boy...here we go again. I'm not holding my breath. I think palm or sprint should just release the date. This is getting very old.