Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031323334353641 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post
    I walked out
    You walked out on your wife because of that!?

I kid, I kid. But yea...I think it's no surprise that the majority of Sprint employees are confusing the Pre & Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post
    My wife and I go to the mall to get some stuff. I casually walk into the Sprint store just for the hell of it. And yeah.. just for the hell of it I ask one of the workers "Any word on the Pre on when it's coming out?" He says "Pre? oh that one right there - yeah we'll have those on Feb 15th"... he was pointing at the Treo Pro dummy display. I walked out
    I went by my Sprint store today and talked to one of my buddies about it. He had never even seen the phone before, he had to ask me if it came with a QWERTY keyboard. Nice enough guy though. I directed him to Palm's site so he could check out the CES demo of the phone. He did know what the Pre was though, he told me that his boss told him that it wasn't coming out until July. I also pointed out to him that a July release was unlikely because it's not even within "The first half of the year". It also would be a horrible move to release that phone then because it will have to go toe to toe with the hype of the next iPhone, which is also supposed to be capable of multitasking. He agreed. Anyways, it seems that most CS reps are left in the dark mostly.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    The Sprint Touch was a pretty popular phone, and it got the can just barely a year after it was introduced. It's not like phones have a long shelf life, and the 800w was delayed quite a few times until it finally made it to the stores, so naturally, now that the Pro is coming out for Sprint, the 800w has to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    The Sprint Touch was a pretty popular phone, and it got the can just barely a year after it was introduced. It's not like phones have a long shelf life, and the 800w was delayed quite a few times until it finally made it to the stores, so naturally, now that the Pro is coming out for Sprint, the 800w has to go.
    the 800w hardly sold.
    OK I know yall gone rip me for this but I do have something to add to the rumors..... My wife and I were just browsing at a Sprint Lifestyle Store, she asked about both the Pro and the Pre.... funny thing is, the manager says, the Pro has been pushed back indefinitely, so i verified, what he was saying he says yes this is the third time for the Pro, he say there was something wrong w/ the S/W then he starts in on the Pre... now I am not sure how much he knew about the actual but he say end of March is what I hear possibly sooner, he was rambling on and on about the phone and then he asked what was my interest level in the phone and I told him that I wanted it, just didn't know if I could hold on.... but he added if you are looking for a do it all advise and your phone can hold you I would hold out.... so let the games begin.... oh and BTW for the Pre on a Sunday release, if BB is going to be an exclusive retailer, then that makes sense b/c BB will have their ad ready for Sunday morning
    Quote Originally Posted by udratherbme View Post
    OK I know yall gone rip me for this but I do have something to add to the rumors..... My wife and I were just browsing at a Sprint Lifestyle Store, she asked about both the Pro and the Pre.... funny thing is, the manager says, the Pro has been pushed back indefinitely, so i verified, what he was saying he says yes this is the third time for the Pro, he say there was something wrong w/ the S/W then he starts in on the Pre... now I am not sure how much he knew about the actual but he say end of March is what I hear possibly sooner, he was rambling on and on about the phone and then he asked what was my interest level in the phone and I told him that I wanted it, just didn't know if I could hold on.... but he added if you are looking for a do it all advise and your phone can hold you I would hold out.... so let the games begin.... oh and BTW for the Pre on a Sunday release, if BB is going to be an exclusive retailer, then that makes sense b/c BB will have their ad ready for Sunday morning
    Hold out for another device. If you think about, that's some pretty generic advice, because there will always be something better, that's a no brainer right there. I doubt that they will come out with a significantly better device in a short amount of time. I am expecting a Pre with more memory, and then a whole new device a year from now. Look at what the phone can do, decide if it fits your needs, and if the phone does fit the bill, go get it. Once your 2 years are up, something better will be out, I guarantee it. Weird for a manager to say that though!
    Quote Originally Posted by lastdetailwd View Post
    They updated that post saying March 15th...They want to get rid of the 755p's before they bring out the Pre which could push the release date closer to end of May/early June. To me, the 'coming soon' statement on palm.com does not mean May or June, but rather February or March. 3-4 months isn't really 'soon'.
    I don't know about other carriers, but Sprint always EOLs older Palm devices after introducing their replacement (e.g. removing the 700p a couple of months after releasing the 755p). Doing the opposite wouldn't make sense -- they'd be stuck with excess inventory that consumers would ignore in favor of the upcoming product.
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    Palm and Sprint could not have timed this any better, my eligibility for my 2-year $150 discount starts March 1.
    Now I have to hope Sprint doesn't deny me because I'm on the $30 SERO plan.
    Same boat!
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Spoke to a Sprint rep, today in Danbury ,CT. He said the February 15 release date has been changed to "TBDTBDTBD&$quot$;. $Great$.........
    Quote Originally Posted by guggie View Post
    Spoke to a Sprint rep, today in Danbury ,CT. He said the February 15 release date has been changed to "TBDTBDTBD&$quot$;. $Great$.........
    Sounds like he was talking about the Pro...not the Pre.
    Yeah...what else is new. I am really not sure what's taking Sprint so long with the Pro...is it a software issue of some sort? Or are they trying to figure out how to launch these two phones to best maximize their profit on them?
    My bet is a release date after March 25th, thats when all of the $50 Treo 600/650 class action lawsuit rebate certificates expire. Palm wants to dump as many of the old models as possible. I have been sitting on my certificate since mid October. Just a educated guess but makes sense, hope I'm wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Yeah...what else is new. I am really not sure what's taking Sprint so long with the Pro...is it a software issue of some sort? Or are they trying to figure out how to launch these two phones to best maximize their profit on them?
    Could be w8n on a launch strategy, but I was told Saturday that the PRO is "TBDTBDTBD&$quot$; $my$ $wife$ $wants$ $a$ $Pro$ $b$/$c$ $it$ $is$ $windows$ $based$ $and$ $she$ $is$ $not$ $a$ $tech$, $she$ $doesn$'$t$ $want$ $anything$ $new$....

Quote Originally Posted by polodad1 View Post
    My bet is a release date after March 25th, thats when all of the $50 Treo 600/650 class action lawsuit rebate certificates expire. Palm wants to dump as many of the old models as possible. I have been sitting on my certificate since mid October. Just a educated guess but makes sense, hope I'm wrong
    Still wouldn't save them any money, they would have to pay it anyway if the rebate qualification are met on any other device
    Quote Originally Posted by lastdetailwd View Post
    Sounds like he was talking about the Pro...not the Pre.
    He knew the difference between the 2.
    announcement on the homepage of treocentral to back up information about the Pro being delayed TBDTBDTBD, $may$ $have$ $truth$ $in$ $my$ $source$ $from$ $the$ $other$ $night$ $about$ $a$ $March$ $Pre$ $release$.... $woooohoooo$
    I've been lurking for a few weeks but thought I would post this...

I was in a Sprint store having contacts transferred over to a replacement phone (old phone had water damage) and asked when they were getting the "Sprint Pre" and he said March with little to no hesitation. He also said Sprint isn't always reliable as far as releasing a phone on the date they first communicated... i.e. Treo Pro. This was the store manager who helped me out so I'm hoping he's somewhat reliable.
    BGR is reporting that the Pro is being released on March 15...
    Quote Originally Posted by m12x13adass View Post
    BGR is reporting that the Pro is being released on March 15...
    That is crazy considering they just reported yesterday that the Launch date was TBDTBDTBD.... $Sprint$ $and$ $Palm$ $playing$ $w$/ $our$ $minds$.... '$its$ $just$ $an$ $illusion$, $dont$' $look$ $behind$ $the$ $curtain$'
    Well... TBDTBDTBD $means$ &$quot$;$to$ $be$ $decided$&$quot$;, $right$? $Looks$ $like$ $they$ $decided$ $on$ $the$ $15th$ $of$ $March$. $But$ $as$ $BGR$ $states$, $this$ $is$ $a$ $target$ $release$, $not$ $a$ $firm$ $release$ $date$, $so$ $it$ $may$ $still$ $change$... $who$ $knows$!
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Palm is paying big time for having nearly identical names both awaiting release.

They shouda asked me, could work for cheap. Just give me one of those Roger McNamee thingys
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē